test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Leeta bridge officer got updated, but...

aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
I'm probably late to the party here, but while cleaning out and destroying unwanted alts last night, I noticed that any newly-claimed/commissioned Holo-Leeta bridge officers use her new look, however any existing ones are still using the old look. This brings with it a question or two:

Is it at all possible to switch between the two without dismissing and reclaiming?

Dismissing/reclaiming isn't an option for anyone with a well-developed bridge officer, nor is it ideal since it might leave people feeling like they're giving up something that is now limited-edition.

A way to freely switch between the two forms (and maybe the other variants shown on the reclaim screen finally) would be ideal, but is it doable currently?
Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
kNqxcCf.gif
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    As far as I am aware... switching between the two is unlikely to happen.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    so does the prime universe version have long hair now?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »

The Dabo Halo-Leeta is unchanged. The Mirror Admiral Holo-Leeta got switched to the new look *only* if newly claimed.

I don't think she's 'editable' costume wise in the Tailor, but can you get the updated look by loading the Holo-Mirror Leta into it; (assuming loading the sprite itself into the Tailor is even possible?)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »

The Dabo Halo-Leeta is unchanged. The Mirror Admiral Holo-Leeta got switched to the new look *only* if newly claimed.

I don't think she's 'editable' costume wise in the Tailor, but can you get the updated look by loading the Holo-Mirror Leta into it; (assuming loading the sprite itself into the Tailor is even possible?)

One of the first things I tried. Nope, she's grayed out, just like the reman and space potato.
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    aesica wrote: »

One of the first things I tried. Nope, she's grayed out, just like the reman and space potato.

Unless you were lucky enough to get the space potato early on in Delta Rising's life. The first ones from after that expansion's launch were editable. My main has a customizable potato. Suck him in Delta Rep armor and called him Strax after an individual from another franchise with space potatos. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

Unless you were lucky enough to get the space potato early on in Delta Rising's life. The first ones from after that expansion's launch were editable. My main has a customizable potato. Suck him in Delta Rep armor and called him Strax after an individual from another franchise with space potatos. ;)
    Yeah I heard about that bug. Kind of absurd they won't let you give him a uniform if he's properly set up for it.

Also, I totally get that reference. :D
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I'm probably late to the party here, but while cleaning out and destroying unwanted alts last night, I noticed that any newly-claimed/commissioned Holo-Leeta bridge officers use her new look, however any existing ones are still using the old look. This brings with it a question or two:

Is it at all possible to switch between the two without dismissing and reclaiming?

Dismissing/reclaiming isn't an option for anyone with a well-developed bridge officer, nor is it ideal since it might leave people feeling like they're giving up something that is now limited-edition.

A way to freely switch between the two forms (and maybe the other variants shown on the reclaim screen finally) would be ideal, but is it doable currently?

heh) good that they changed Leeta look b4 i bought her... she was not a beautiful, but cute enough for me to consider to buy her. now she is plain ugly. thx to "devs" for saving me few $
  • themokin#8872 themokin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @"diesel#3831" said:
    > heh) good that they changed Leeta look b4 i bought her... she was not a beautiful, but cute enough for me to consider to buy her. now she is plain ugly. thx to "devs" for saving me few $

We got her content this week on X-Box, and I do have to say...Leeta has been beaten (repeatedly) with the ugly stick, hasn't she. The Dabo girl was nice looking enough, but the Mirror Universe one spent too much time in an Agony Booth I say. Darn.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    > @diesel#3831 said:
    > heh) good that they changed Leeta look b4 i bought her... she was not a beautiful, but cute enough for me to consider to buy her. now she is plain ugly. thx to "devs" for saving me few $

We got her content this week on X-Box, and I do have to say...Leeta has been beaten (repeatedly) with the ugly stick, hasn't she. The Dabo girl was nice looking enough, but the Mirror Universe one spent too much time in an Agony Booth I say. Darn.

It's not so much the agony booth as far as it's plastic surgery that went really wrong around her mouth. I don't really know why they updated her and what Dev looked at the finished product and went "yep this is good"
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    They have honestly made the toon look more like Chase as she is today. They really should have stuck to keeping her as looking like the Leeta we remember. To my knowledge, they haven't updated any of the other toons...well, apart from making Siddig look like he did in "Distant Voices". I can't imagine he was very happy about that, because it certainly wasn't flattering.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    They have honestly made the toon look more like Chase as she is today. They really should have stuck to keeping her as looking like the Leeta we remember. To my knowledge, they haven't updated any of the other toons...well, apart from making Siddig look like he did in "Distant Voices". I can't imagine he was very happy about that, because it certainly wasn't flattering.

Jeri Ryan/7 of 9 got the exact same treatment; and IMO the portrait art facial style is (IMO) horrible. It makes them both look like the characters need a major facelift - and it doesn't make the characters look 'better' in any way.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • naabal421#0722 naabal421 Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Most of the in game NPCs based on characters from the TV shows look like how their actors did when they came in to do the VA. The only ones that really didn't were the TOS characters because we met them via time travel.

Its been 20-30 years IRL, and its been 30 years in-game, they should look older.

Jeri Ryan/7 of 9 got the exact same treatment; and IMO the portrait art facial style is (IMO) horrible. It makes them both look like the characters need a major facelift - and it doesn't make the characters look 'better' in any way.

For that, it made sense. We've seen "new" Seven in Picard...but the others are up to interpretation.
    Most of the in game NPCs based on characters from the TV shows look like how their actors did when they came in to do the VA. The only ones that really didn't were the TOS characters because we met them via time travel.

Its been 20-30 years IRL, and its been 30 years in-game, they should look older.

It does make me think of Stargate SG-1...they spent all those decades on the Odyssey, breathing fantastic air and perfect food, but the makeup people really got that wrong. It wasn't even believable.

In the 24th/25th century, we should be living longer and wearing better...even that Wormhole Inversion episode got the makeup wrong for my taste. Dax shouldn't have looked that far gone.
    It does make me think of Stargate SG-1...they spent all those decades on the Odyssey, breathing fantastic air and perfect food, but the makeup people really got that wrong. It wasn't even believable.
    You're right. Breathing perfect food isn't very believable. I can't even breathe normal food.
    kNqxcCf.gif
    You're right. Breathing perfect food isn't very believable. I can't even breathe normal food.

No? What's your party trick then?

No? What's your party trick then?

*Points at signature*
    kNqxcCf.gif
This discussion has been closed.