test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Nova & T6 Saber Bundle Confirmed

Comments

• foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,281 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Protostar being a Nova family member has essentially already been ruled out by the devs. Simply because they stated in a podcast that the 'transformation' mechanic would be a big problem in a family tree of models.

She's gonna be a standalone design. For reference, the Protostar was briefly discussed in this podcast.

Also allows them to add the ship to the Promo boxes.

kXx65VK.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 36,847 Arc User
    Prodigy takes place in like...2385, I think? After Voyager's return (obviously) but before Picard.​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

blacklivesmatter.png

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

"Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I hope the protostar is small, just as that'd make it more fun to fly in STO, and make the show more underdoggy moving forward.
    husanakx wrote: »
    Weird that the little ship is a miracle worker, not a pilot?
    They look beautiful

The ship is pulled from the Starfleet Corps of Engineers stories. The Da Vinci was a saber ship captained by David Gold. So it only makes sense its a MW ship. They even named the console appropriately. Troyius is a planet from TOS, but in one of the stories the Da Vinci engineers save Troyius from the borg by cloaking the planet.

https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/USS_da_Vinci

Thanks! I haven't read any of the novels so was just going off how it looks. Good to know the story behind it.
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,352 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    I'm liking that Da Vinci ship design but I saw on the livestream someone calling it a horseshoe crab & now I cannot un-see it lol.

Is this the first, or there don't seem to be many ships, that are Miracle Worker with fleet versions?

6k zen seems a bit pricey for the 2 little ships so if no decent introductory sale I'll probably pass for now.

To be fair, it isn't 'just' two ships. Lets break down the prices of the individual items of the bundle non-sale:

T6 Ships: 3k Zen. There are two of them therefore 6k Zen
    Fleet modules x2 = 1k Zen (and these essentially make the Fleet variants of these ships 'free' )
    X-Upgrades x3 (the 3 pack costs the same as buying two seperately) = 2k Zen

Overall bundle value = 9k Zen

I'd argue that the only real loss is that 2k Zen buys you three X-upgrades in the C-store and this bundle only offers two.

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,164 Arc User
    I would argue that fleet modules dont add any value since you can get like 13 for free from the rep system.
  • corinthalascorinthalas Member Posts: 1,537 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I would argue that fleet modules dont add any value since you can get like 13 for free from the rep system.

That's one of the things that should probably be added to the dilithium store for something like 250-300k each. Maybe not all the time, and maybe in limited quantities when it shows up, but as another 'dilithium sink' valve that the game desperately needs.

Also, I really wish they'd have two versions of fleet ships -- the 5-module version for players who don't own the zen version, which doesn't have the trait or console, and the 1-module version that *DOES* have the trait and console. I'd like to be able to just buy the fleet versions and bypass the zen-store ones entirely, since those are inferior in every way.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,538 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »
    jonsills wrote: »
    now the wait for T6 Star Cruiser and more vulcan ships officially begins.​​
    You mean the Tier 6 Yorktown-class Science Star Cruiser? The one that's currently available for 3000 Zen? That T6 Star Cruiser?

I think they meant the Emissary.

Though, considering the USS Protostar has some similarities with the Emissary (especially its Vanguard variant) and ST Prodigy just started its run...

Isn't the Protostar much smaller then the Starcruisers though around the same size as the Defiants or the Novas

Yes, the Protostar is a very small ship. There isn't an 'official' size given yet as far as I know.. but most sources seem to put it around the size of the Defiant or the NX Enterprise. Some sources have it being as small as a B'Rel class.

Again, exact size isn't officially stated anywhere yet, but it looks to be much smaller then the T5 Star Cruiser.

Yeah - to be honest it pretty much had to be small due to size of the 'crew'.

This (among other reasons) was why I was actually thinking it might be the T6 Nova... though that turned out not to be the case.

The T6 Nova was always going to be a 2409 style design, however the Protostar could still be a Legendary Nova if the size and proportions are right.

I don't watch the streams so maybe there was information given there that wasn't in writing... but my thought was simply that the remaster taking place around the same time that Prodigy was coming out... plus the similarity of names... as well as (as mentioned) that the Protostar and Nova are both on the smaller end of Starfleet ships.

They've never come out and SAID that it had to be a 2409 design, but it's a matter of consistency. If you look at all of the normal Fed T6s in the C-Store you'll notice the only one that ISN'T a 2409 design is the Narendra (probably because Legendary ships weren't a thing yet when that was made). Since that is clearly an exception, and one that wouldn't happen if the ship came out today, it's safe to say that all normal T6 variants going forward will be 2409 designs.

It's also entirely possible, maybe even highly likely, that the Protostar will be a Lockbox or Promo ship (Kael recently said on stream that the main consideration for deciding which ships are in a gamble box and which are C-Store is how much they think we want them), with Nova kitbashing available if it's the right size and a hypothetical Legendary having a completely different design.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 987 Arc User

The ships are going to have fleet versions... so buy the bundle and you can grab a fleet and not dip into reserves. I appreciate that as long as they aren't charging extra for them. Hey if you really don't need them you could always sell them. Not that they are worth much.. but perhaps it buys you a couple lockbox traits or something you need.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 9,597 Arc User
    As discussed in this thread (when we were still just speculating based on stills from a promo), that top deck dome is the entire bridge. Therefore, it looks like the ship itself is only about 4-5 decks thick, not nearly as big as a Nova or Equinox - more of a gigantic runabout, really. Which makes sense if its primary purpose is to train cadets - a fair explanation for the presence of a Holo-Janeway.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,495 Arc User
    You mean the Tier 6 Yorktown-class Science Star Cruiser? The one that's currently available for 3000 Zen? That T6 Star Cruiser?

Though, considering the USS Protostar has some similarities with the Emissary (especially its Vanguard variant) and ST Prodigy just started its run...

Isn't the Protostar much smaller then the Starcruisers though around the same size as the Defiants or the Novas

Yes, the Protostar is a very small ship. There isn't an 'official' size given yet as far as I know.. but most sources seem to put it around the size of the Defiant or the NX Enterprise. Some sources have it being as small as a B'Rel class.

Again, exact size isn't officially stated anywhere yet, but it looks to be much smaller then the T5 Star Cruiser.

This (among other reasons) was why I was actually thinking it might be the T6 Nova... though that turned out not to be the case.

The T6 Nova was always going to be a 2409 style design, however the Protostar could still be a Legendary Nova if the size and proportions are right.

I don't watch the streams so maybe there was information given there that wasn't in writing... but my thought was simply that the remaster taking place around the same time that Prodigy was coming out... plus the similarity of names... as well as (as mentioned) that the Protostar and Nova are both on the smaller end of Starfleet ships.

They've never come out and SAID that it had to be a 2409 design, but it's a matter of consistency. If you look at all of the normal Fed T6s in the C-Store you'll notice the only one that ISN'T a 2409 design is the Narendra (probably because Legendary ships weren't a thing yet when that was made). Since that is clearly an exception, and one that wouldn't happen if the ship came out today, it's safe to say that all normal T6 variants going forward will be 2409 designs.

It's also entirely possible, maybe even highly likely, that the Protostar will be a Lockbox or Promo ship (Kael recently said on stream that the main consideration for deciding which ships are in a gamble box and which are C-Store is how much they think we want them), with Nova kitbashing available if it's the right size and a hypothetical Legendary having a completely different design.

Oh, I was not doubting that at all. I was just thinking that - given that I wasn't aware of exactly when Prodigy is set - the Protostar itself might qualify as a 2409-period design.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,268 Arc User

Oh, I was not doubting that at all. I was just thinking that - given that I wasn't aware of exactly when Prodigy is set - the Protostar itself might qualify as a 2409-period design.

Prodigy is set in 2383, so it's about 5 years after Voyager returns.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    edited November 2021

The ships are going to have fleet versions... so buy the bundle and you can grab a fleet and not dip into reserves. I appreciate that as long as they aren't charging extra for them. Hey if you really don't need them you could always sell them. Not that they are worth much.. but perhaps it buys you a couple lockbox traits or something you need.
    This.

If the fleet ship modules in the bundle are not required they can be sold - and they do tend to sell a little better (on the exchange) when there are new Fleet ships available to use them on.

The rep system ones are bound to character.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,145 Arc User
    edited November 2021

Adding fleet modules and Experimental Ship Upgrades is precisely why this 2-ship bundle isn't 4,000 zen, like normal 2 ship-bundles without consumables that required zero dev time.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1

Adding fleet modules and Experimental Ship Upgrades is precisely why this 2-ship bundle isn't 4,000 zen, like normal 2 ship-bundles without consumables that required zero dev time.
    I don't know if they perhaps bumped the price up a little due to the fact that, as we've been told, C-store ships are not a big money-spinner for them. And they've also implied, in the past, that they never had much confidence in the Nova selling very well which was likely one of the reasons it took so damn long for them to do anything with it.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,164 Arc User
    Can the ships be bought individually for 3k?

Yes - the CM confirmed this in last Wednesday's Livestream.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,249 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    IT'S HAPPENING!!!! EVERYONE STAY CALM!!!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 3,414 Arc User
    I hope the protostar is small, just as that'd make it more fun to fly in STO, and make the show more underdoggy moving forward.
    Everything we've seen so far suggests the Protostar is a tiny ship, including the extended fight scene at hull of the ship in episode 1 of Prodigy.
  • megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 61 Arc User

I say to Crypticz...gimme already! Coin standing by.

I say to Crypticz...gimme already! Coin standing by.
    Whilst it may sound a little impatient - which isn't really my intention - I'm surprised they're not releasing the bundle today. I mean, they are doing a patch today, and they're obviously doing one on Thursday too. However, if they'd released the bundle today it'd give them some time to address any bugs that may arise.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I officially dub Thursday an unofficial Star Trek Holiday.

"NOVA DAY".

Happy Nova Day Everyone. 🥰
    Post edited by ussvaliant2#1952 on
    [url=https://imgur.com/Mp3E8EH][img]http://i.imgur.com/Mp3E8EH.jpg[/img][/url]

“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re having Lag or Rubber-banding,” “then you ain’t playing Star Trek Online.”
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,145 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    The ships may not be purchasable yet, but you can already get their previews via their lower tier versions at the ship vendors if you want.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1

"NOVA DAY".

Well, technically tomorrow!

Am actually a little disappointed in one respect - and it has nothing to do with STO actually.

I can't get a day off work on either Thursday or Friday. I wanted to have a little more time than usual to enjoy the ship immediately post-release. I guess I'll get some time when I finish work tomorrow and after work on Friday.... still - can't be helped. We're short-staffed thanks to rising cases of Covid-19 so that's that really.
    T6 Khitomer Dyson next

Have to admit, it would be very interesting to see what this would look like if brought up to the current model standards.

"NOVA DAY".

NOVA DAY! :D

Still sulking that I'll be at work when the servers come back online and the ship becomes available though! :P
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 338 Arc User

"NOVA DAY".

Still sulking that I'll be at work when the servers come back online and the ship becomes available though! :P

You've waited this long what's a further half a day?
    [url=https://imgur.com/Mp3E8EH][img]http://i.imgur.com/Mp3E8EH.jpg[/img][/url]

“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re having Lag or Rubber-banding,” “then you ain’t playing Star Trek Online.”

"NOVA DAY".

You've waited this long what's a further half a day?

Yeah - I know. Wasn't serious. More annoyed that getting time - ANY time - off work is such a challenge lately.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,404 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Game is live but no sight of the ship or bundle on Z-Store or ship vendor. I guess gotta wait another 2-3 hours, maybe.

Edit: It's LIVE! T6 NOVA/RHODE ISLAND!
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    edited November 2021
    Game is live but no sight of the ship or bundle on Z-Store or ship vendor. I guess gotta wait another 2-3 hours, maybe.

*Sulks*

:p
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 389 Arc User

*Sulks*

:P
    Permission to join sukling? My shift doesn't end for another 7 hours :(