test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Premium T6 Starship Choice from event campaign.

sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
Which ship did/would you go with? The list of candidates is long which is why I've been unable to choose- is there one choice that's head-and-shoulders above the rest? The only restriction that's been imposed is that it can't be one released this year.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    My main suggestion is choose a ship that you think you'd like personally for what it is to you.

Metas change, game balance changes. The space barbie and the unique tiny differences between ships, and your own made-up plans for why that one character you like the most could have the most fun in that one ship, I think would maximize the end value.

Otherwise, there's plenty of set answers from DPS community, or whatever other specialized build one may be after, on which to pick based on the current meta.

What I picked doesn't say much since that depends on what ships I already have. I've already got the ones I really wanted, and there's no other promo warbird besides the Temporal T'Liss (I like the the L-T'Liss and Malem more) since I got the Valkis already. So I went with Inquiry on alt account, and 90% likely S31 Battlecruiser for a Romulan Sci on main.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I chose the Lobi, waited for a next sale and kitted out a new borg character with exoskeletons and weapons.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    As others said, choose the one you'd think you want to play, Metas change and the differences aren't that big, as far as I know there isn't any "really must choose this" choice personally I probably will choose one of the D-7 variants for one of my klinks
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,495 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    On my originally-Steam based account I picked the Crossfield science spearhead for a number of reasons (though it would have been less convoluted to just get the Mirror version I wanted to try the original one for a long time so that is the one I got). So far it has been an excellent ship.

I have not decided what to do with the token on my first account, if there was a TOS Constitution besides the old "Temporal Light Cruiser" I would probably go for it (and no, the DSC version with its squat industrial look has entirely the wrong design language which I am not interested in at all, and of course the Kelvin version just looks too silly). Since I get ships for the character theme for the most part I will probably use it on one of the premium ships eventually for a character concept that needs one of them.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Which ship did/would you go with? The list of candidates is long which is why I've been unable to choose- is there one choice that's head-and-shoulders above the rest? The only restriction that's been imposed is that it can't be one released this year.

I chose the Special Requisition Pack - 23rd Century tier 6 ship but I haven't yet actually opened it and chosen a ship. I'm torn between the Temporal Connie and the Temporal D7.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    I chose the S31 Battlecruiser.

Mainly because I wanted a promo ship, not just a lockbox one. I already had the Inquiry and the Enterprise-J or I would've picked one of those probably. The S31 Battlecruiser also has different modes which can be fun to play with and enjoy visually.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Personally? I went with the D'Khellra and the Reliant. The former because, let's face it, the D'deridex really is the iconic Romulan ship (the original BoP appeared, what twice?), and while it's far from the best ship in the game it's certainly no Excelsior; the latter because I wanted to create my own custom TMP-style class. I was originally intending to get either the Vaadwaur Juggernaut or Mirror Constitution, but in the end I decided "fun" mattered more to me than "blows stuff up an extra microsecond faster".

My advice? Don't necessarily think in terms of DPS. I mean, if that's your thing, sure, go for it. But the most important thing is that it be something you want to fly (or rip the console/trait off, I guess). I was going to go for DPS myself, until I really thought about it and realized I'd probably almost never use such a ship. For me the theme is more important than the meta.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I haven't gotten it yet. Im going to with the next event. My choice is going to be the Disco Enterprise. Already got every other class of ship to bear the name, need that one too. But might get the mirror one.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
This discussion has been closed.