test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    Marrok: *glancing over at nick* Why do people keep making the mistake of thinking that because the Federation as a whole is devoted to ideals of peace that all of its members also must be equally as devoted? *he then turns to Brunt, glowering determinedly* Humans have a saying, Brunt; Si Vas Pacem, Para Bellum - 'If you desire peace, prepare for war'. - and Uncle Nick here, is more than prepared, as am I...you should probably start running now.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,006 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *pinches the bridge of her nose* So you're telling me we have absolutely nothing we can use without revealing ourselves. Do we have ANYTHING we can kick out an airlock in that direction? I don't care if its an empty torpedo casing at this point. Just launch something at that sensor echo without compromising our cloak.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,897 Arc User
    Lythe: we have much bigger problems with hen me right now…. *she looks over the brunt* he is in fact not lying. Now I suggest unless you want to die the most painful death I could possibly inflict you step aside and forget this brainless attempt to steal his… sword thing. *she says as she starts to glow a deep purple*

Tess: I guess these borg aren’t as bad as I thought. They seemed like a threat to existence but you make them sound like a cartoon villain.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,149 Arc User
    Sn'ket: based on the transporter activity, I can get a good idea of their area. unfortunately sensors may end up drawing too much power from the cloak but.... Captain, our transporters sent over Captain O'Connor and his team. and transporters are on standby to snatch them back. We have enough power to use the transporters without compromising the cloak. I suggest we transport plasma canisters set to detonate in the general area of where we expect this ship and see what the plasma sticks to.

Brunt: if you kill me right now, the bomb will go off! Why don't i just head back and detonate where I'm out of range! sure I'll lose the sword, but the satisfaction I'll get from your deaths is more than enough! heh... guess this is how leck feels.

Nick: *starts whispering barely audible, over the sounds of the ship and the battle, brunt cannot hear it, but those closer can, So Janari with her vamperic hearing, Marrok with his werewolf hearing and Lythe with her eldar hearing can hear him* I'm gonna shoot the detonator out of his hand... that will make him want to flee back to his ride. Marrok, Janari, tackle him together to get caught up in his transporter beam. activate the distress signals on your commbadges and the Tepes will get you out and have that ship's location. Lythe. make sure the detonator doesn't hit the ground. that could trigger it.... if you understand the plan, insult brunt.

Brunt: Saying your prayers, Captain?

Nick: *still ready to quickdraw he looks up at brunt* yeah i am. I'm not usually a relgious man, but blackholes got me thinking otherwise... I stand a chance to escape and hunt you down though. Hawking radiation is a b**ch for your plans regarding me.

Quark: Captain, all of us dying for your pride isn't how i want to go out! *he looks at brunt* If i hand over the sword. you said a sporting chance, right?

Brunt: So you are smarter than you look, quark.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Janri: Lythe please be careful, you're already hurt... *she glares at Brunt, her fangs flashing for a moment but she keeps back, listening to Nick's plan and waiting for her moment* I've heard jokes about how dumb ferengi can be, seems you're the reason those exist.

Kinkoshi: At one point they were, its possible they will be again, but its like I said, they're incapable of innovation, so the rest of us continue improving while they get left behind, still dangerous but nowhere near the terror they once were.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Marrok: You'd think with ears that enormous, he'd be able to hear himself digging a hole he won't be able to climb out of, but no one ever accused Ferengi of being intelligent in matters not involving money...no offense to you three. *he adds to Quark, Nog and Leck, the latter primarily because he's a bloody psycho*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    lythe: focus on the task at hand janri, *she says before glaring at brunt .* i've survived warp spawn far worse then your sad existence.

tess: so they lack creativity and stagnate... hmm whats the point of it all? no one knows why the borg do this?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Krystal: That's... actually a good idea. Try and time it with nearby shield impacts from the Fek'lhri weapons. Make it look like its just collateral from the raging battle around us.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Sn'ket: Then lets make haste. who know how much time they have down there.

Adam: I'm on it *he taps away at his console, moments later, plasma canisters are beamed out into space, exploding and sticking to.... something... The plasma causes the cloak to short out for a moment, a Ferengi D'Kora visible*

Nick: *grins and focuses, seeing the others have given him his cue, he takes a deep breath and in one swift and fluid motion, he draws his gun from his holster, brings it up to a half aim around his chest. his left hand meets the hammer of the revolver, his palm slapping down on the hammer, letting it pull back, firing a bullet into brunt's hand, sending the detonator connected to the bomb flying into the air out of his now bleeding hand. all of this happening too fast for Brunt to see coming*

Brunt: *ferengi scream of pain* you shot me! *he tries to still his now shot hand long enough for him to tap his wrist* Madran, get me out of here!
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    *And that's Marrok's to leap into action - literally, as he utilizes the power of his lower leg muscles to push off against the deck plating and leaps directly at Brunt at speeds fast enough to appear as a blur to most average sapients*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Janri: *She isn't quite used to going as fast as she can with her vampiric abilities, but she can tell her body knows what to do to reach prey for it escapes so she lets her instincts take ahold of her for a moment, letting out a hiss as she lunges out, quickly launching herself into Brunt with blinding speed, but having to control herself again before she completely loses control*

Kinkoshi: As someone who was a borg drone at one point, I'm not even sure the borg know why they do it. Some misplaced attempt to obtain perfection? Some belief that they are elevating other species and improving them by what they do? A need to assimilate and grow until there's nothing left? I've heard some theories from other liberated people that the borg originated as a benign species that simply sought to improve themselves through technology, but I've never heard any actual proof of that. All I know for sure is that they will try to continue assimilating all they can. "Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile." *She shudders, ordering something alcoholic and taking a long drink*
    Krystal: Huh... who invited a D'kora?
    (So, if anyone here knows anything about Paypal, I have a question - if I do business with someone who has an account and they send me a payment invoice...can I still pay that invoice despite not having an account of my own? A few quick searches seem to suggest that, yes, I can...but I have no idea how old those various articles and how-to's are, thus no idea if it's still possible.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

((i gots no idea.))

lythe: *the detonater wistfully floats over to lythe before it hits the ground.* what a sad extortion attempt....

tess: in my galaxy there is apparently cyclical mass genocide or so ive heard from jorin. two sets of ideology that can use some sort of mystical power seek to destroy each other and often drag the rest of the galaxy with them. i am impressed with the adaptability and fortitude of the galactic republic tho, in its life span of ten thousand years or so it only recently fell and reformed into the empire. all tho these opposing ideologies have caused much ruin in the galaxy.... strangely enough your borg seem... tame in comparison
    edited October 2021
    Brunt: *screaming as he's being tackled by the werewolf and vampire, the three are caught in Brunt's transporter beam, finding them surrounded by Nausicaans and a single Ferengi*

Madran: Hold on, this wasn't part of the deal! Send them back! Send them back! *A Nausicaan starts to tap on a console*

Adam: Captain, we have something coming in from Captain O'Connor

Nick: *taps his commbadge* O'Connor to Tepes. We've got friendlies over on a ship. I assume Ferengi ran by one Madran as Brunt has called out. Get them out of there and light them the hell up, they do not have the sword. Weapons free. Sword is secured.

Quark: Captain. Maybe that's not.... *He slowly grins to himself* No, no, disregard my thoughts, you're in the right here.

Nick: *gives quark a glance* Let's get out of here... *He holsters his pistol*

*As Nick starts walking forward. An Iconian gate opens, T'ket floating out, the grin fading from Quark's face*

Quark: Now Nog! *Nog hits a button and activated a red forcefield around the group"

T'Ket: A forcefield? That will not stop me, Ferengi.

Quark: you may wanna look a little closer. It's a chroniton field. You might make it through, but it's gonna hurt... A lot. Or we can talk like sensible, intelligent people. Your call.

T'Ket: *she looks behind her then back to the group* Very well. Your crimes are numerous. you've breached by security, damaged my vessel, killed members of my crew, violated my sanctum, and stolen something very precious to me. each is punishable by death. tell me, why shouldn't I purge you like the odious vermin you are?

Quark: I may be 'odious vermin' but I'm not stupid, instead of wasting time arguing about who did what, us taking a simple sword.

Nick: That she took off a dead warrior

Quark: that you took off Kahless the Unforgettable or at least the clone of him, thank you captain.

T'Ket: Silence human!

Quark: Now lets not veer off topic of the negotiation. you don't have much time to make this offer!

T'Ket: There will be plenty of time to eliminate each and every one of you filthy creatures! That field of yours will drop eventually, and when you die, your cohorts will be tracked and, ultimately killed. I will have my vengeance on you all soon enough!

Quark: You're not entirely wrong, but i think you're going to have a much bigger problem to deal with in the very near future.... any moment now....

T'Ket: Explain yourself. Speak while you still can, Ferengi!

Quark: They're called Hur'q. Maybe you've heard of them? Real nasty dispositions eat everything they come across... and now they're about to come across your fleet. You iconians are tough, but you're not invincible.

Nick: The missing arm proves that much.

Quark: *Ignores Nick's outburst* Against the Fek'iri and the Hur'q? Those are some pretty long odds, T'ket. So here's how this is going to work. You're going to let us go, and in return, I'll disable the device that's bringing every Hur'q in the quadrant here to chew on your ships. We'll go our way, you'll go yours. Otherwise, we'll wait and see what happens first, my field drops, or you and your ship becomes the main course at the Hur'q Buffet
    lythe: *stands up taking something out of a satchel and drinking it looking far better then she did before. her emerald green eyes meet T'ket's as a slow melancholic expression washes over her face.* you have witnessed the near end of your people by the jealousy of lesser species.... twisted by rage and a lust for vengeance. i can sympathize with your plight. *she says with a sigh.*
    edited October 2021
    *Marrok shoves Brunt away into the cadre of mercenaries* Thanks for the trip - I'll be leaving now. *he then waves cheekily to Madran and the toppled mercs before grabbing Janri with one paw, his Nagual with the other and firing on a very specific part of the ship - whereupon the entire ship immediately loses power, the cloak disengages, shields drop and all the lights go out; he then activates the distress pulser built into the Lunari emblem on his uniform and opens a QT link to the Tepes* Marrok to Tepes - I'm going to be as succinct as I can possibly be...GET US THE HELL OUT OF HERE!​​
    Post edited by legendarylycan#5411 on

#LegalizeAwoo

Krystal: Well... that went sideways fast... Get a transporter lock... uh... please tell me that's not what I think it is coming in...
    (quark still has the sword?)
    (Didn't Brunt take it? If Quark still has it...WHAT THE TRIBBLE WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF JUMPING BRUNT?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Also...I don't know what's scarier - the fact that the sign on the right might exist, or the fact that I'm 3 days shy of 31 and I COMPLETELY UNDERSTOOD IT!

ngcb14​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Wow, i didn't realize you were that old. happy near birthday. I'm 24 and I had to use the other side to translate it... But yeah the point of jumping him was to locate the ship brunt was going to be escaping on along with his cohorts and have them destroyed. I thought you'd be down for blowing up a ferengi ship.)
    (Well, Marrok blew out a power conduit - along with a good portion of the hull around it since I doubt Ferengi ships are nearly so heavily armored as an Iaidon dreadnought - so the ship's fully visible, and vulnerable until backup power comes online.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(yeah, I'm good with that, can just edit out the stuff about the sword)
    (That'll do it)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Janri: what the hell? *She taps her own communicator, requesting an emergency beam out, not comfortable at all remaining on the Ferengi ship*

Kinkoshi: Well, we did come close to extinction, the Iconians, an ancient race attempted to wipe out and enslave all of us, the war was going pretty bad until we managed to find some measure of peace, had they continued I doubt we would've survived without being forced to submit.
    Adam: we're getting them out of there! *Marrok and Janari are beamed from the powerless Ferengi ship just before Nausicaan mercs charge them, finding them in the transporter room of the Tepes, they're safer than the away team currently is*

Koroh: Captain Jade, are we going to follow the directive of Captain O'Connor and destroy the ship? You have the bridge. So this is your call.

Sn'ket: Hur'q are entering the system, and the crew from the Ferengi ship are safely back. we are waiting for update on the away team from the iconian ship.

T'ket: I.... *she looks away from the group, scowling as best as a being of pure energy can* agree to your terms. Go. Get out. Leave my ship and disable your wretched device. Know this, you've made an enemy today. I am patient and i will avenge myself. You will all pay for your crimes.

Quark: Right, then we have a deal. We'll be on our way, then I'll take care of your Hur'q problem once I've made it to a safe distance. I'd say its been a pleasure, but we both know that'd be a lie. *he looks to the rest* now lets move. *the field goes down and Quark starts running*

Nick: *him and Nog follow, moving to the extraction point, ignoring the Heralds fighting Hur'q and Fek'iri that have now made it onto the ship in all the Chaos. Nick getting a few shots off on a Hur'q as they head towards the extraction point being defended by leck*
    lythe: *follows with the group.*

tess: it seems every civilization is built on the ashes of one that came before. ive never seen an iconian before but im still reading on the history of your galaxy all tho it cant be as bad as the multiple galactic spanning wars, mass genocide and ancient rakkatan cruelty. if you would like to know more about galactic history you can ask jaessa about it, she is an old historian and has much knowledge of historical events.
    Krystal: *crosses her arms across her chest* We take a shot at them before the team returns, we reveal ourselves. We'll wait until they return, then decide. Something tells me though that we're about to have a very angry Iconian, lots of angry Fek'lhri, and lots of angry Hur'q.
    I'm inclined to let T'Ket think they came from the Ferengi ship and let her deal with them.

And before you suggest beaming a torpedo over... T'ket may be consumed by vengeance, but she's not stupid. A Ferengi ship that decloaks due to damage, then randomly explodes... yea... I'd be looking for a second cloaked ship too. And we don't have shields while cloaked so if she throws up flak and hits us...
    (I mean, there's always the possibility that the ship exploded due to the damage that brought it out of cloak, knocked out its weapons, shields and engines and left it a sitting duck...*winkwinknudgenudge*.)

*Marrok sighs and mops the perspiration from his brow after he fully reconstitutes on the Tepes* Well, that was...not fun.​​

#LegalizeAwoo