test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

banned on facebook cause an admin didnt like my comment

killjoy#9606 killjoy Member Posts: 40 Arc User
first. i want to point point out that i broke no rules. there was an post on the official facebook page telling us that a red alert event was coming, and the comments section was talking bout the rewards. My comment was that it was a little tiresome that PC kept getting spoiled since they were getting a T6-X token and we console plebs only got an upgrade and spec point, i was not alone in this opinion btw. this comment was removed 4 times and i reposted it 5 times, the final time i put a note at the bottom saying no matter how many times the admin removes it, ill repost it cause it breaks no rules. i wake up this morning to my comment being removed again, and a DM from the admin in question threatening me that if i mouth off to the admins again, ill be removed, not warned or muted. removed. so i promptly screenshotted the message as it was quite hostile and shared it with the group since it was uncalled for and they should know about eh abuse of power there, for which i was immediately banned. This is childish behavior from an admin, to remove a comment simply because you dont like it and to then threaten someone? of course there's nothing that can be done about it, this individual will be allowed to keep bulying those on the page over petty things like this. But i thought id share it here, for the rest of the community to see and know about.

To keep people from attacking OP over this: The Community Team is not responsible for any STO groups on Facebook, only the official page, and this did not take place on the official page per @ambassadorkael#6946. The groups are all fan-operated. — WingedHussar
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    Post the screenshot on Reddit and/or send it to customer service, perhaps? If shows an abuse of power then hopefully they'd be the one that's removed.
  • killjoy#9606 killjoy Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    psymantis wrote: »
    Post the screenshot on Reddit and/or send it to customer service, perhaps? If shows an abuse of power then hopefully they'd be the one that's removed.

reddits a good idea. im told they look at that more than anything. thanks m8
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Far as I am aware... the facebook admins have about as much connection to Cryptic as forum mods here. I could be wrong, but I don't know if Cryptic CS can actually do anything in this case. I can try informing AmbassadorKael about this but that's about all I can do.

Would you like me to pass this on to Kael?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    edited October 2021
    To clarify, are you sure this took place on the official STO Facebook PAGE? Or was it in one of the discussion groups? I've confirmed with Kael, there is no company-run Facebook GROUP for the game, those are all independent fan pages, and he says he hasn't blocked anybody from the official page recently and that he's the only person at Cryptic able to do do.

ETA: ⬇️ That.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Hey there, I have arrived. I'm the only one who controls the official STO Page, and I didn't have this interaction with you or remove any comments like that. Since you mentioned it was a group, I'm guessing it's one of the fan run STO fan groups? We only have an official Facebook *page,* not an official *group.*
    edited October 2021
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > Hey there, I have arrived. I'm the only one who controls the official STO Page, and I didn't have this interaction with you or remove any comments like that. Since you mentioned it was a group, I'm guessing it's one of the fan run STO fan groups? We only have an official Facebook *page,* not an official *group.*

I assumed it was the official one since it has the verified thing next to the name and all the links back to here that you'd usually find. I could be very wrong in this instance. How would I find the link the official page? I can't share an image here otherwise I would and you could verify it for me. I can say that it has the star trek: reflections logo set as its profile picture with a verified symbol next to the name.
  • talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    This is a fan-made group for Star Trek Online
    This is the very first line on the Facebook page you're mentionning.
    > @talgeeze said:
    > This is the very first line on the Facebook page you're mentionning.

Except it's not. It's a link back here. Then the esrb rating, and then a description of the game.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Is it this group OP?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/trekonline/

Because if it is then this group is a Fan-made group and not the official Cryptic STO facebook page.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • derekg#1482 derekg Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekOnlineGame This page? Is this the page that banned you?
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Fellow Console player here, I don't think PC players are getting spoiled, all those stuff are failed Dil sink Ideas and remember we get free stuff all the time, those that think PC players are getting spoiled are just entitled, that said however fan page admins shouldn't sent threats to people, BTW I think this thread should be moved to Ten Forward.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Red alert, arena, and No Win events are generally just fillers between bigger events, and PC is getting a longer one than console.

So if it's fair to say PC are getting spoiled by getting a better reward, it's also fair in two weeks to say console is getting spoiled because they're getting a new better event and PC's stuck with another week of red alerts.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Do what I did, never use face book.
    All face book does is censor you these days, so don'y bother with it.

Social media SUCKS Horta butt.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    Or... we could just not bring that up here as that is a can of worms best left alone. I'd rather not have this turn into a political debate.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warmasterxdk#9668 warmasterxdk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    He must have been that bloke that got FB banned during the stream yesterday lol
    Fingers crossed for the return of the Section 31 Heavy Rifle <3
    westmetals wrote: »
    There's three different things that might be happening here:
    - facebook (corporate) itself was at fault... which usually means whatever you posted could be considered hate speech or pandemic misinformation (from your description, probably not but depends on the wording)
    - it was the STO facebook page (not group) admin, which would apparently mean Kael... and he already said it was not
    - the group you were in is a fan operated group and its own admins did it.

If the third option... I am myself an admin of a facebook group (not related to STO), and group admins can indeed remove (but not edit) individual comments, remove (but not edit) individual posts, remove members from the group, and a couple of other things (one of them for example can force admins to approve any posts (but not comments) from that user before they become visible).

If this is the case, your issue would be with the group admin(s)... not with Cryptic.

Yea we've already determined it was option 3.
    edited October 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »

I was not clear on that, since the original poster did not give a link to the location, and the people who asked were not replied to, and one of the speculative links is broken.

It was kind of obvious that it was option 3, the other options were immediately ruled out.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Do what I did, never use face book.
    All face book does is censor you these days, so don'y bother with it.

Social media SUCKS Horta butt.

^ This.

Call it a blessing, and find other independent platforms or make your own elsewhere.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    rattler2 wrote: »

I was not clear on that, since the original poster did not give a link to the location, and the people who asked were not replied to, and one of the speculative links is broken.

It was kind of obvious that it was option 3, the other options were immediately ruled out.

I know. I'm just stating from a mod standpoint on this as it was discussed with the mods and CM before Kael posted.
    edited October 2021
    Well, then, I'm sorry that it was not immediately clear based on incomplete information, no direct quote, broken links, and unanswered questions.... that the other two possibilities had been ruled out. (Actually honestly I do not think they have been, but whatever.) I guiess I'm allowed to get stomped all over for NOT jumping to the twin conclusions that:

- The OP's actual posting did not rise to the point of facebook corporate classifying it as hate speech
    - Kael's word can be taken as 100% accurate all the time.

Honestly I trust Kael's word more than Borticus, I don't support everything the Devs say or do like Dil for Reroll tokens, honestly it feels pretty good rubbing that in, sorry, however out of the Devs Kael seems the most trustworthy and why would anyone lie about something like this.
    Can we not go down that rabbit hole guys?
    I think you misunderstood my intention. I wasn't stomping on you at all. I was verifying what the mod team determined. If it came across as any kind of attack of any kind, that was not my intention.
This discussion has been closed.