test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arrow Keys Not Selecting Menu Items?

phaeton#9727 phaeton Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited October 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
It's what it says on the box. Sort of. I've noticed it on Ground. The action options pop up, press F to open, but then scrolling through the options with the arrow keys (up & down) does not scroll through the menu options, it causes my Captain to run forward or backward instead.

Is there an Options setting I'm missing? Is there a keybind for this that I have lost?
---=== Contact Me In-Game: @phaeton#9727 ===---
Post edited by phaeton#9727 on
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    argamor03argamor03 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I'm having the same problem with my xbox controller. I can click it with my mouse, but the directional pad and the "A" button to execute the dialogue responses do not work. Curiously I have discovered that when I have clicked the first response, the rest of the options that come up when the initial box opens, suddenly work like normal. However, once that box closes and another opens, the buttons stop working again. I also tested the keyboard controls and have found that they operate the same as described in the original post. This is happening to all my characters regardless of faction and are experienced on both ground and space..
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    I find I cannot use the arrows to scroll through conversation options any more either.
    This appeared to stop working after Friday's patch - maybe even Wednesday 13th's...?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    It has been happening for "a while" now. Whether it's one week or two weeks, I couldn't say for sure.

I am relieved to know that it isn't just me. This lessens the chances that it is something that I have done. It would seem to be "their" problem, not ours.

Now, if they'll fix it? 🤔
  • Options
    argamor03argamor03 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I too am relieved to find that others are having this issue. I at first thought that I somehow screwed up my keybinds. I certainly hope they fix it soon. It is rather annoying.
  • Options
    archernx05archernx05 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Bug has already been reported.
  • Options
    freedomspeed2freedomspeed2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    reported but not yet fixed....
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I just discovered that in space, nothing happens if I try to use the arrow keys to scroll through the menu options. So it's not just the ground menus that are borked, it's ALL of the menus. Because of this, I have removed the (Ground) from the end of the thread title.

Anyone?
  • Options
    vonamicusvonamicus Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Arrow keys still not working to navigate menus. I was also glad to see this is not a key-binding issue on my part. However, unhappy to see that nothing has been done about this in over a month, and that it may be added to the list of forever broken functions in STO. Like losing support for joysticks in the game, taking away arrow keys is a problem for players with tendinitis issues related to being forced to use a mouse repetitively.
    =/\=Von Amicus=/\=
    12th Fleet
    Fleet Executive Officer
    SigRA.png