test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Nova spotted as Teran Vessel (via Reddit)

livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
Can only post a link because i'm on my phone. @reyan01

http://imgur.com/a/7x1Q7rw
gQytlm7.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I have a feeling there might be a couple visual differences between the Terran and Federation one. They have made Terran versions of multiple ships already for the new story arc, and they did change a few details, like on the Terran Andromeda vs Fed Andromeda.

Its a nice catch for sure. With the recent revamp to the Nova model a T6 was bound to be on its way, but like I said... if and when it does come... might not quite look like that Terran one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Looks nice, thou a little boxy... i like it anyway.... I hope we can get both the prime and mirror ones...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Looks nice, thou a little boxy... i like it anyway.... I hope we can get both the prime and mirror ones...

Well... we are seeing the Mirror Guardian return to STO, and we do have the old T5 Mirrors, so... anything is possible.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I have a feeling there might be a couple visual differences between the Terran and Federation one. They have made Terran versions of multiple ships already for the new story arc, and they did change a few details, like on the Terran Andromeda vs Fed Andromeda.

Its a nice catch for sure. With the recent revamp to the Nova model a T6 was bound to be on its way, but like I said... if and when it does come... might not quite look like that Terran one.

Very good points - guess we'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime and more than content with my remastered Rhode Island - the fact she's still a T5 ship doesn't bother me in the least considering that I've been using said ship for over a decade now.

Hopefully you wont have to wait long Reyan. I am crossing fingers tomorrows livestream is to announce the T6 Nova with the ship being launched next week.

I remarked on reddit/sto discord that the ship looks very Arbiter like, the terran version we have seen pics of. Very sleek and slim.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    foxman00 wrote: »

In the meantime and more than content with my remastered Rhode Island - the fact she's still a T5 ship doesn't bother me in the least considering that I've been using said ship for over a decade now.

Hopefully you wont have to wait long Reyan. I am crossing fingers tomorrows livestream is to announce the T6 Nova with the ship being launched next week.

I remarked on reddit/sto discord that the ship looks very Arbiter like, the terran version we have seen pics of. Very sleek and slim.

Hope not - but to be honest, whilst am excited for a possible T6 version, I always maintained that my biggest 'want' where the Nova/Rhode Island were concerned was a remaster to replace the previous, terrible quality, model.

I mean, I was/am one of few players still consistently using a T5 Nova regardless of the fact it lacks the T6 'bells and whistles' and I would've continued using it even if it hadn't had a remaster. As have said elsewhere, a T6 version will be the icing on the cake but I'm just pleased that there is a cake at this point! :)

Hope the frosting on said cake isn't going to ruin things. I'd like to get a T6 Nova, but not a kinda-Nova. Not a cross between an Arbitor and a Nova, but simply just a Nova.

3lsZz0w.jpg
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    Anyone else notice that Terran ships now use the updated T6 skins but still have T5 names?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    To be fair, the chances are that an 'Equinox Class' (still running with that name as strongly assume that's what the new model will be called) will be able to use the Nova and Rhode Island skins.

I'm in this camp too. I don't love the new skin based on the screenshots I've seen - but I'd be more than happy to use the standard Nova skin.

K
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Since the starter Nova can be free and the Rhode Island dirt cheap, I hope that means if the T6 arrives, it should have default access to those if owned, though perhaps on a per-char basis. Not a fan of the mirror's saucer, which is just as ugly as the Arbiter's saucer.

Am also curious if owning the T5 mirror Nova whether the yellow Terran markings would apply to such T6 skin.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Hope not - but to be honest, whilst am excited for a possible T6 version, I always maintained that my biggest 'want' where the Nova/Rhode Island were concerned was a remaster to replace the previous, terrible quality, model.

I mean, I was/am one of few players still consistently using a T5 Nova regardless of the fact it lacks the T6 'bells and whistles' and I would've continued using it even if it hadn't had a remaster. As have said elsewhere, a T6 version will be the icing on the cake but I'm just pleased that there is a cake at this point! :)

Hope the frosting on said cake isn't going to ruin things. I'd like to get a T6 Nova, but not a kinda-Nova. Not a cross between an Arbitor and a Nova, but simply just a Nova.

To be fair, the chances are that an 'Equinox Class' (still running with that name as strongly assume that's what the new model will be called) will be able to use the Nova and Rhode Island skins.

I hope so. But likely only when you already bought the new T5 Nova (not a problem for you g*).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Based on past ship releases... if you already own the relevant ships (Rhode Island), or if they're stock (Nova), the parts are available for a T6. When they brought in the Titan class, they didn't lock the Luna parts, that had been revamped, behind a paywall because those were STOCK parts from the free T5 leveling Recon Science Vessel.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited October 2021

I hope so. But likely only when you already bought the new T5 Nova (not a problem for you g*).

What T6 ship doesnt have access to his T5 custome counterparts? (that are not c-store ships)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    gaevsman wrote: »

What T6 ship doesnt have access to his T5 custome counterparts? (that are not c-store ships)

Any T6 ship you don't own the T5 counterpart of? :)

Sorry, I think I only have the lowly T2 Nova.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter

I'd suspect the T6 Mirror likely be one of several making into Lockbox / Promo ship boxes, but never quite sure...

Suspect the Nova though would come out in the November time frame originally, perhaps once we see a few of the new episodes later in current ARC.
    0zxlclk.png
  • razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 144 Arc User

I'm in this camp too. I don't love the new skin based on the screenshots I've seen - but I'd be more than happy to use the standard Nova skin.

K

I quite like the new skin, but much like you - I don't love it.

Actually, from the shape of the saucer, it kinda looks like someone tried to merge a Saber class with a Nova class to me!
    screenshot_2021-10-19-23-49-37.jpg

wow! You got anymore clean shots of this new Nova look? Front/Back/Sides/top/down. Thanks!

"My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Frankly, I'm not surprised. It would make sense that the only major reason the Nova (and the Saber) were given a major touch-up was due to impending updated Terran versions (that would later also be sold or boxed or both). Nevertheless, it's good to have it be done at all, and here's to hoping we also get a new Dervish, Emissary, and Trident to follow, as all have also appeared as mook Terran clones at one point.

As for the design, I'm slightly disappointed it doesn't have some cannon or torpedo tube hardpoints the way the Terran Pathfinder does, or other similar military-oriented greeble. That being said, I wonder if the beefy saucer hints at it following the slightly Eng-oriented version like the T4, and possibly Miracle Worker-focused making it a tiny tank/saboteur. Or due to the militaristic nature of the Terrans, the new Terran T6 variant would be Tac-oriented (more Tac consoles than Eng consoles) like the old T4/T5 Prime variant, while the T6 Prime Variant trades a Tac Console slot (and a Uni Console slot if the Terran is MW) for an Eng Console slot and something like Pilot Maneuvers.

This is of course, assuming they don't just sell the Terran version as the "catch-all" T6 Nova with alternate Prime hull options and a Fleet variant, somewhat similar to the Legendary Mirror Gal-X (minus the Fleet variant because Legendaries are already Fleet level).
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    ...Is that a mini lance emitter in front of the deflector?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    ...Is that a mini lance emitter in front of the deflector?​​

It certainly looks that way, doesn't it?
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    razartrek1 wrote: »

K

Actually, from the shape of the saucer, it kinda looks like someone tried to merge a Saber class with a Nova class to me!
    screenshot_2021-10-19-23-49-37.jpg

wow! You got anymore clean shots of this new Nova look? Front/Back/Sides/top/down. Thanks!

Only a few:
    screenshot_2021-10-19-23-47-07.jpg
    screenshot_2021-10-19-23-46-47.jpg
    Admittedly a friend (@bassie) took those in 'Counterpoint' - haven't been too successful in getting a good shot myself.

Thank You! And to your friend for the shots! T6 looking really great :) I've been pooling alot of Dil/Zen lately to buy it when it comes along :D
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User

It's much nicer in the better resolution.

I still think I'll be using the original bits though. But I'm not 100% sure.

This discussion has been closed.