What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

alien friendly empire

paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
How did
you
end up being a high ranking officer if
they were an alien
, also is the whole alien thing one of Spock's many reforms, I heard that he made reforms but I don't really know about types of reforms he implemented.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Terran Rebellion had aliens fighting in it. So my best guess would be the Mirror Universe forgot about the Terran brutality once the Alliance brutality started and once the other races started to fight the Alliance too the Terrans just rolled with it. It's not as if they could have been choosey at the time.

Not sure on the Jem'Hadar characters. Maybe the Mirror Dominion gave the Terran Empire some Jem'Hadar so the Terran Empire would leave them alone.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,388 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Pragmatism, from both sides.

The Terran Empire so they can have another badass in their ranks, especially one whose Prime counterpart has been a thorn in their side for quite a while.
    Except the DSC character, unless they fully retcon the "killed by Killy with a spoon" bit, which would be lame.

The other side so they don't get summarily executed or used as a pet/slave/target practice.
    There is also the fact the game treats you as a Federation human in most parts.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    The Jem'Hadar would be easiest to explain, the Terran Empire could have captured a J'H factory intact, then changed their programming to obey them instead of the Dominion and run off an army of them.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    As fanatically xenophobic (ohai Stellaris reference) as the Terrans are, they still recognize talent and strength (that latter especially would be rewarded as long as the alien is appropriately loyal) and will reward it, alien or not...or if that alien is especially clever at outmaneuvering their opposition, they could also rise that way, even all the way up to Emperor - there's implication Spock did so through utilization of the Tantalus device.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Not all aliens are slaves, Spock for instance was able to advance to a high ranking military officer and then even become Emperor, yes he was half-Terran but I doubt the Terrans would have seen it like that, they would have just seen him as an alien, it was always possible for aliens to serve in the Imperial Starfleet. Enterprise also shows many aliens serving.

In fact Discovery was the radical change in which it showed no non-Terrans serving in the Imperial Starfleet at all, even the Terran Rebellion, formed at a time when Terrans had even more reason to hate aliens, had aliens in their ranks.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    It was mentioned at one point during the temporal story line that thanks to future tech the Terran Empire had defeated the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance and the Dominion. Something similar is echoed in Leeta's dialog in the Badlands. Presumably at this point they now comprise most of what in the prime universe has become the alliance. Likely why the renewed interest in the prime universe.

Presumably mirror-player is every bit the force of annihilation that prime-player is, so regardless of the standing of your average Jem'hadar or Reman, one willing to tweak out a spinning rims custom ship and grind out kill accolades in the name of the Empire is going to earn a measure of respect and/or kill their way up the ranks.
  • darkwing228darkwing228 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Either way, I'm interested to se more and how they will implement the mirror version of you as your nemesis.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    We shouldn't focus too much on the "mirror" aspect of the name "Mirror Universe" either, as that's accurate only compared to UFP and even there only as crude stereotype comparison. So while the Terran Empire turned right in many places where UFP turned left, they're not 100% opposites of each other either.

It's best to consider the "Mirror Universe" as place where anyone prominent is a "cartoon villain" so yes they might work or even promote someone who has shown to be a talent you don't want to waste while at same time being bigoted towards 99% of their species to point of thinking them worthless as anything else then slaves. Remember logic has little place here, as bigotry is by its very definition illogical.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    spiritborn wrote: »
    We shouldn't focus too much on the "mirror" aspect of the name "Mirror Universe" either, as that's accurate only compared to UFP and even there only as crude stereotype comparison. So while the Terran Empire turned right in many places where UFP turned left, they're not 100% opposites of each other either.

It's best to consider the "Mirror Universe" as place where anyone prominent is a "cartoon villain" so yes they might work or even promote someone who has shown to be a talent you don't want to waste while at same time being bigoted towards 99% of their species to point of thinking them worthless as anything else then slaves. Remember logic has little place here, as bigotry is by its very definition illogical.

Even Prime Universe Vulcans are bigoted even towards half vulcan hybrids, their xenophobic, judgmental and condescending attitude is the reason why they had such a hard time with with forming the UFP on their own, during the 22nd century, mainstream Vulcan culture was prejudiced against the melder minority, their behavior was considered unnatural and unacceptable, they were labeled genetic aberrations and they were seen as a threat, while seeking treatment for Pa'nar Syndrome, a condition associated with melders in 2152, T'Pol was worried that by disclosing that she was not a melder, she might condone the prejudice, In a high level Syrrannite meeting in 2154, T'Les accused T'Pau of being clouded in her judgement due to prejudice against Humans, Spock once felt a brief surge of racial bigotry against Klingons, due to the influence of the Beta XII-A entity. He described the experience as most distasteful, Years later, in 2293, Spock felt that he had been prejudiced in favor of Valeris due to her accomplishments as a Vulcan, also Vulcans in Starfleet are more open minded about working with other species than the Vulcans working with the science academy.
This discussion has been closed.