test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Screen

cyllus2014cyllus2014 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
So, when I try to play the game... I hit the 'Engage" button and go to a black screen. Once it actually popped up CRYPTIC in the middle of the screen the rest of the times it's been pure black. This freezes my computer. Can't do anything but hit ctrl+alt+del and shutdown.
I noticed the last time I tried to log in that as soon as I hit 'Engage' the top bar of the launcher says 'Not Responding' just before the screen go black.

Anyone else?

Comments

• qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    There is a message on Twitter about a login error after the new patch.

Star Trek Online (@trekonlinegame)

However it is not clear if this is the black screen bug. Some problems need more than 280 characters to explain.

And coldnapalm is right that the black screen has been an ongoing problem. Some of the people experiencing it have said it seems to be related to running STO through Arc. If you are using Arc—you may want to try logging in directly from the launcher.

Hope you figure it out.
  • cyllus2014cyllus2014 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Yeah, finally got it 'fixed'. I tried verifying files... didn't work. Had to uninstall and reinstall the game.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Don't use Arc to launch the game, and you should be fine.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Since friday's patch I have not had the black screen. I've had it for about 10 months. But 4 days in a row the game has loaded on the first try. So if you all have finally fixed the black screen. KUDOS!!

---I take back my kudos :( 3 days now back to black.
    Post edited by sheldonlcooper on
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• constellusconstellus Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Hello, i have had this problem many times before, but is still happening, i did reinstall games, arc , update but nothings seems to work, waiting for them to fix this issue, but iam still waiting,now this happend to me again but this time iam not lucky to make the quick fix to work, the quick fix was to go back to the old arc launcher and that fix it for a while, i did download the old version of arc launcher in the star trek clien download page before, but now its seems that the option is not there anymore, https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/download . So if you know where i can or how to go back to the old version i realy apreaciate, maybe that can fix this problem again.

So now i cant try that quick fix, and the game still in a endless black screen after i push the engage button, and ofcourse i going to lose the big event again, so pls can you fix this ? ingame ticket, last time i send it from there, i had to wait 1600 days i think it was last time i check it and still waiting, web ticket - yes i have send a few tickets, same old same old, firewall, update , reinstall game / launcher even reinstall windows format computer haha, verify files , send your dxdiag etc etc etc and then waiting with not response and after a while they marc the ticket as solved, so coud you pls actually fix this, it was very bad before with a quick fix, but now we cant even do that, thank you.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    constellus wrote: »
    Hello, i have had this problem many times before, but is still happening, i did reinstall games, arc , update but nothings seems to work, waiting for them to fix this issue, but iam still waiting,now this happend to me again but this time iam not lucky to make the quick fix to work, the quick fix was to go back to the old arc launcher and that fix it for a while, i did download the old version of arc launcher in the star trek clien download page before, but now its seems that the option is not there anymore, https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/download . So if you know where i can or how to go back to the old version i realy apreaciate, maybe that can fix this problem again.

So now i cant try that quick fix, and the game still in a endless black screen after i push the engage button, and ofcourse i going to lose the big event again, so pls can you fix this ? ingame ticket, last time i send it from there, i had to wait 1600 days i think it was last time i check it and still waiting, web ticket - yes i have send a few tickets, same old same old, firewall, update , reinstall game / launcher even reinstall windows format computer haha, verify files , send your dxdiag etc etc etc and then waiting with not response and after a while they marc the ticket as solved, so coud you pls actually fix this, it was very bad before with a quick fix, but now we cant even do that, thank you.

The option for the old Arc client is still available. The link you used most likely goes to the new Arc client. I will provide a different link: https://www.arcgames.com/download With that said will be glad when this black screen issue many players are having bites the dust.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.