test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there any kit module in game that lets you pull an enemy/mob/npc toward YOU (not to each other)?

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
For this new cats paw mission, I want to be able to pull skellies into the light, but aside from damaging them while Threatening Posture is active, I dont seem to have any tools to do it.

Some things that dont work well are:
Paradox bomb - it targets enemy location, so it pulls mobs toward another mob.
Crystaline Spike - same deal...you have to target enemy location, not a specific point
Gravitational juncture - ditto....have to target existing mob
Antiproton Leash - ditto, you target one mob and it pulls other mobs toward it.

None of these work well on skellies AFTER one moves into the light because:
1 - they die fast once in light...too fast for above effects to work well
2 - they usually die before you can even target one of these effects because everyone is spamming fire on everything, so when one does eventually move into the light, it dies instantly.

There is a turret that can tractor in enemies, but it is science only.

What can my Tac or Eng chars use to pull enemy mobs towards "ME". I had thought there was a module a few lockboxes ago but I can't find it.

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    What about the Fekari sword with the "Get over Here!" chain?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I do believe the Chains of Gre'thor or whatever it's called kit mod does the same thing...though being I've never used it, that may also be a 'target enemy/area and pull others toward the target' kind of ability.

Though, if you're using it for skeleton luring (Dog, I never thought I'd be saying that in a Star Trek game), the Holographic Deceiver kit mod from the Privateer lockbox will also work, because it summons on top of your current location and hard-taunts all nearby enemies to attack it, and since skeletons are all melee....​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Technically unrelated, but also part of the same TFO, I also believe the Sabotage kit module is devastating against skeletons because apparently they classify as non-living (fitting, ironically, but for the wrong reasons as the module is technically designed to be used against mechanical entities), and thus, it can one-shot them.

And I'm pretty sure that includes the Skeleton Lord boss, because I had a run where he lasted about 2 seconds. I didn't see if it was sabotage that did this as I wasn't looking, focused on lighting candles, but I bet it was.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    Technically unrelated, but also part of the same TFO, I also believe the Sabotage kit module is devastating against skeletons because apparently they classify as non-living (fitting, ironically, but for the wrong reasons as the module is technically designed to be used against mechanical entities), and thus, it can one-shot them.

And I'm pretty sure that includes the Skeleton Lord boss, because I had a run where he lasted about 2 seconds. I didn't see if it was sabotage that did this as I wasn't looking, focused on lighting candles, but I bet it was.

Who says they AREN'T mechanical entities? I don't remember what capabilities that transmuter had in Catspaw, but those skeletons could easily be nano-constructs created by the thing.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    All four of the things you listed actually do work, you just need to target one that is already in the light.

They didn't work on mine because with most of group spamming area with mass kit modules and weapons fire, the lifespan of a skeleton that finally entered light was about 0.1 seconds....it would die faster than I could cast my kit modules at it once it got into light. That's why I was looking for a pull to me item. I'll try one of the ones listed.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Gravity Containment Unit from the Discovery Reputation does what you ask perfectly:
    "Intended for industrial applications, this gravity containment unit has been modified for more rigorous field use. It forcefully pulls all enemies in an area toward the user, depositing them unceremoniously at the user's feet, dealing great physical damage the further they flew."

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Universal_Kit_Module_-_Gravity_Containment_Unit

That's it! That's the one I was trying to remember/find. I had thought it was discovery but I completely forgot about checking reputation task modules.

Thx.

What about the Fekari sword with the "Get over Here!" chain?

It is Molor's Flaming Sword:
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Molor's_Flaming_Sword

This: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Engineering_Kit_Module_-_Sabotage

I may do a run on my Eng captain just to try this out. I dont think it gets around the immunity issue for skellies outside the light, but it would speed up the boss fight.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    This: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Engineering_Kit_Module_-_Sabotage

I may do a run on my Eng captain just to try this out. I dont think it gets around the immunity issue for skellies outside the light, but it would speed up the boss fight.

It actually does. MUA HAHAHAHA!

And IMO I have a headcanon for it. Engineers are able to pick up on the unusual energies animating the skeletons, and can disrupt it with the right frequency. Its a very Star Trek solution. Technobabble!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    Using both the gravity containment unit and Chains of Gre'thor is working very well on my engineers. The first one sucks things into the light (and onto mines) with the second used on whatever target is still inside the light for more of a wider vacuum cleaner effect plus fire (and more mines).

Seems like Sabotage is now kit module #4. Very nice :smile: Still looking for a filler for #5. Thinking maybe ambush turret for some short duration damage. Don't want placements that hang around for too long.
    protoneous wrote: »
    Using both the gravity containment unit and Chains of Gre'thor is working very well on my engineers. The first one sucks things into the light (and onto mines) with the second used on whatever target is still inside the light for more of a wider vacuum cleaner effect plus fire (and more mines).

Seems like Sabotage is now kit module #4. Very nice :smile: Still looking for a filler for #5. Thinking maybe ambush turret for some short duration damage. Don't want placements that hang around for too long.

Pahvo crystal turrets?

I usually like them but on this map using emplacements and pets seems to interfere with threat which can really prolong things.

With threatening stance on quite often I can get critter groups to follow me. Aiming and crouching also seems to help. It seems to be easier as a tactical officer to hold threat.

Without the spammy stuff (i.e. pets, solar gateways, pahvo crystals, other emplacements, etc.) and with team coordination this map is very doable without crowd control. CC just seems to be a bonus when used correctly.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Adapt is also useful against the non-skeleton and spider enemies.

Resistance is Futile can be useful in those rare but annoying occasions where you have that one skeleton that keeps moving away in the wrong direction, so you can slow it down long enough for someone to go and knock its pelvis down. It's also useful against the Devidian waves.

Repulsor Burst, for obvious reasons.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 445 Arc User
    Compression pistols and pulsewaves are excellent to "push" the skellies into/onto the lighted areas
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User

Pahvo crystal turrets?

I usually like them but on this map using emplacements and pets seems to interfere with threat which can really prolong things.

With threatening stance on quite often I can get critter groups to follow me. Aiming and crouching also seems to help. It seems to be easier as a tactical officer to hold threat.

Without the spammy stuff (i.e. pets, solar gateways, pahvo crystals, other emplacements, etc.) and with team coordination this map is very doable without crowd control. CC just seems to be a bonus when used correctly.

Pahvo Crystals are pretty useful around the Witches, place them around the cauldron and it'll make short work of the Hag's defenses, leaving you to focus on the witches.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    This might work with existing gear if you're an engineer:

Turret or mortar placed in the light + mine barrier over it.

Turrets seem to be good at getting the AI to attack them. The turret will be useless when firing into the dark, but will help when a skeleton is in the light and the mines will get them when they attack.

Pahvo crystal turrets?

Pahvo Crystals are pretty useful around the Witches, place them around the cauldron and it'll make short work of the Hag's defenses, leaving you to focus on the witches.

I've seen this done and it appears to work well. Perhaps the challenge when carrying a lot of things is knowing when to use them and when not to.

Since a lot of things can prolong the run by a fair bit by interfering with threat I like to present a simple model such as I experienced in an earlier run just after the event started.

During this run players didn't use pets, solar gateways, pahvo crystals, emplacements, drones, AoE's, fancy swords, or any ability that obscured the floor or vision. Even normal weapons fire was carefully controlled. We just walked through the entire thing in record time.

One example of this model is the room whos entrance has some spider webs with the skeletons inside. Imagine a single player walking up to the entrance with threatening stance on and easily drawing all of them out to a nearby light where they can be quickly dispatched with rifles.

Compare that result to having the same player go into the room and spawning a pet, using any of the above, and aggro'ing everything.

The difference is clearly night and day. I think the joke's on us with this one.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

I use both of them. they are really useful. yes, the combo, mines + chains of gre'thor is really powerful.

Instead of my turrets, I use the seeker drone
    This might work with existing gear if you're an engineer:

Turret or mortar placed in the light + mine barrier over it.

Turrets seem to be good at getting the AI to attack them. The turret will be useless when firing into the dark, but will help when a skeleton is in the light and the mines will get them when they attack.

As an engineer, I alternate between dropping mines or the saboteur device inside the light, then use gravity containment device to pull them in, so the skellies go BOOM when pulled in. On my last run 3 players including myself had the gravity containment device.

• kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 445 Arc User
    kirisee wrote: »
    Compression pistols and pulsewaves are excellent to "push" the skellies into/onto the lighted areas

Until you're shooting them *OUT* of the lighted areas. Thank you, random Klingon with a pulsewave in my run today. That was *very* 'helpful.'

I never said that most people know how to "Properly" use pulsewaves or compression pistols lol. Personally i use compression pistols as they have much less knockback.

"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    IIRC regular pulsewaves have knockback only on secondary fire, that said I got "telekinetic" on my main for RP reasons so I tend to use that if I need knockback on demand.
    Repulsor Burst also works for knockback on demand...and has a way shorter CD than Telekinetic.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Repulsor Burst also works for knockback on demand...and has a way shorter CD than Telekinetic.​​

I don't have a long cooldown with Telekinetic, but then again I have Sybok on duty on with my psionic captains.
This discussion has been closed.