test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 10/15/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited October 2021 in Release Notes
Star Trek Online will have unscheduled PC maintenance tomorrow, 10/15, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11500173
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that was preventing Captains from having and Active Shuttle and Ship at the same time.
    Yes, thank you, team!

Resolved an issue that was causing unlaunched Buster Pods to never clean up properly.

They will now despawn after 5 seconds if no valid foes are found nearby.
    Well, that was fun to watch while it lasted:
    20211014195654_1.png?raw=1
    20211014195710_1.png?raw=1
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Welp, so long Busterception.

Also, the Cryptic team said on last week's TFW that the buster pods weren't inspired by anything in particular, but...aren't those the warheads Control used to sterilize planets in all those aborted realities where it won?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Welp, so long Busterception.

Also, the Cryptic team said on last week's TFW that the buster pods weren't inspired by anything in particular, but...aren't those the warheads Control used to sterilize planets in all those aborted realities where it won?​​
    Not really, but then again, their shape is pretty much the standard for various probes in the franchise.
    2021-10-15%2017_48_04-Star%20Trek_%20Discovery%202x08%20_If%20Memory%20Serves_%20Preview%20-%20YouTube.png?raw=1
    2ecf0b27aaa6353b364d574b84fcb8361633129581.jpg
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Well missiles/rockets pretty much all have similar shape so having 2 rocket style probes with a similar shape by accident isn't that odd.
  • jep1416jep1416 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Since the patch, I can not access the game. I can log in but when it goes to the loading screen, The game client stops responding
This discussion has been closed.