test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 13th cat?!

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
Has anyone found the 13th cat?

I think the mission might be broken too. I know I've found all but one and then I usually don't find one in a normal place randomly. Is this bugged?

This video has a list of 12 potential cats in a user post. Where is the 13th cat? And are those all correct? Has anyone done a cat right up yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIuce9z95p4
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    While I don't know about the 13th cat, just wanted to say thanks for posting the video.

It's good to know the event is solo-able.

Cool to see a player using a keybind for kit and captain abilities on row two. Getting that rotation working must really make things a lot easier.

Switching up a few things during the run like they did is plain genius. Seems it can pay to have things within reach in the inventory.

Good tips. Great player.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I did.

Based on the beginning of this video, I can see the player missed the cat in the last cell on the right before the door that opens once you defeat all skeletons.

Gonna try to make a list of their locations, IIRC:
    -in front of the first interactable door
    -last right cell of the arena
    -the end of the L corridor in the second arena where waves of skeletons spawn
    -in front of the first interactable altar
    -in front of the next interactable door right after
    -when heading towards the purple eyes
    -at the end of the corridor opposite to the door to unlock in the cauldron room
    -in front of the closed door opposite to the table when you enter the spider room
    -before the Witches boss room
    -left balcony of the Elder Witches boss battle room
    -right balcony of the Elder Witches boss battle room
    -in front of the last interactable altar
    -middle of the balcony of the Devidian boss battle room

Also, unfortunately, nothing significant happens when you find them all or even light all candles, apart from an additional mark for each.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    protoneous wrote: »
    While I don't know about the 13th cat, just wanted to say thanks for posting the video.

It's good to know the event is solo-able.

Cool to see a player using a keybind for kit and captain abilities on row two. Getting that rotation working must really make things a lot easier.

Switching up a few things during the run like they did is plain genius. Seems it can pay to have things within reach in the inventory.

Good tips. Great player.

Just to note, it's not my video. I just saw it on youtube.
    I did.

Based on the beginning of this video, I can see the player missed the cat in the last cell on the right before the door that opens once you defeat all skeletons.

Gonna try to make a list of their locations, IIRC:
    -in front of the first interactable door
    -last right cell of the arena
    -the end of the L corridor in the second arena where waves of skeletons spawn
    -in front of the first interactable altar
    -in front of the next interactable door right after
    -when heading towards the purple eyes
    -at the end of the corridor opposite to the door to unlock in the cauldron room
    -in front of the closed door opposite to the table when you enter the spider room
    -before the Witches boss room
    -left balcony of the Elder Witches boss battle room
    -right balcony of the Elder Witches boss battle room
    -in front of the last interactable altar
    -middle of the balcony of the Devidian boss battle room

Also, unfortunately, nothing significant happens when you find them all or even light all candles, apart from an additional mark for each.

Darn. I was thinking that it gave the pet for getting all cats. Do we get the pet for just winning all 14 event points and claming the prize?
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    aftulus wrote: »
    Darn. I was thinking that it gave the pet for getting all cats. Do we get the pet for just winning all 14 event points and claming the prize?
    Yeah.

Lighting candles and finding cats is just for additional marks. You gain nothing else, not even an accolade.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    aftulus wrote: »

The blog says the reward is an old one plant monster thing not a cat :(:(:( and :(

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Yeah, which is why most groups I have been in do not seem at all concerned with anything but getting done.

The Wand and Old One pet are both prizes for completing 14 days worth of TFO. The few extra marks do not seem to be enough of a motivator for people to go cat hunting.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    The short dead end with all the eyes is one of the places people seem to miss a cat, often they go through the door and immediately turn so they miss that one (I always take the few extra steps to get it, with the average 20 minute run an extra five or ten seconds is not going to matter).
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    how do you launch a solo tfo?
    I would like try this one, alone.
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    It's in private in the same window as patrol and TFO's. I just learned of this recently also. Or relearned it after several years I should say.
This discussion has been closed.