test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did someone change how environment suits work on Nukara?

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
Visited Nukara for first time in a couple of weeks. My non-environment suit armor now displays as an Environment suit when on nukara ground.

Also, regardless of whether I'm wearing an environment suit or not, I no longer have option to turn suit on or off.

Also, regardless of whether I'm wearing an environment suit or not, I no longer take environment damage on nukara, so I was able to use non-env suit on surface, outside starting area.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I'm finding when mining my suit changes between the default and the veteran suit (Fed/KDF/ROM) akin to changing costumes but it's doing this every few secs whilst I mine.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    The unscheduled maintenance notes for today have two lines about suits:
    Resolved an issue that was preventing EV Suit abilities from being available for use.
    Resolved an issue that was preventing Body Armor stats from applying while wearing an EV Suit.

I suspect that it is a side effect of trying to have both a regular armor and an EV suit slot on the character sheet that is talked about now and then in livestreams.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I encountered an issue in one of the Hurq missions this morning.

Put on my Solonae EV suit and it started switching me between that and a generic EV suit.

Gneric suit for ~3 seconds, then my Solonae suit for ~1 second, with my spotlight lighting up the screen, then back to generic, then back to Solonae, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I couldn't handle that and quit the mission.

Hopefully this is the fix for that as well.

It was bad.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Bort said on the stream this week that some code for an unfinished and unannounced project he's working on accidentally went live this week and caused all of the EV suit issues. He didn't elaborate on what exactly the project is, but it sounded like it's probably dedicated EV suit slots.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    My environmental suit only ever shows the helmet. The rest of my costume stays the same.
  • Options
    wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    My environmental suit only ever shows the helmet. The rest of my costume stays the same.

My engineer character has no space suit graphic at all...uses his non-ev visual with one exception, when you activate the invisible suit, a pair of should-high headlamps light up. I can run around on air-less asteroids telling everyone I pass that EV suits are for wimps :)
This discussion has been closed.