test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LOGIN SERVER TIMING OUT !!!

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
To add some levy to this thread .....https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1263678/launcher-cannot-establish-a-connection-to-patch-server

The login server has been timing out for several hours. I myself can get to the choose your character screen and after about a minute or two my toons appear. Click play anf then the redirecting notice pops up then shortly after/ Connection to login server timed out please try again later. This has been going on for a few hours now.
Post edited by eazzie on

Comments

• chrisccw315#4958 chrisccw315 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Happening to me now, been trying to login for the past 3 hours; changed proxy, reconnect the net, flush the files etc etc... everything online runs smooth except this game, which (at most) would take 30 minutes to load up the character select screen proper (ship, poses and beam all) but still the middle time-out finger when click to play

I just got far better connection yesterday and have been having my first smooth gameplay since I started... really sick of all these never ending issues
    Still happening... restart connection, flush dns etc etc... still only get as far as character select, no answer from support either
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    I found the issue to the problem last time to be steam. I was unaware that steam was running patching another installed game. Once the patch had finished no issues after that. My advice is check what may be running in the background.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Still happening... restart connection, flush dns etc etc... still only get as far as character select, no answer from support either

It may take them a day or two to respond. Current status for support is severe ..... We are currently experiencing a heavy ticket load. Please be patient while we work to address all incoming tickets.
    Every method listed here tested, even when as far as to reinstall the game (and got trapped with an hour long "trying to update launcher")....

Its working again, for now, but at random I'd get no further from character select screen; I have far better speed than the 100 to 200 kbps I used to rely on, and that one doesnt get me server time out as often as my new and better connection which is 10x the speed
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    does it give you any kind of error when it disconnects or just dump you out? I will let them know this has cropped up again
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    Got time out again; I signed off, went for dinner and chores and back in 2 hours and the game denied me once more~ computer put to sleep; network was running; I can go anywhere and even stream HD video without lagging. I only signed off the game for a bit to catch a bite and its back to server connection time off

I AM SPEECHLESS
  • cdog#4911 cdog Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having this problem too. The first character I log into works for a while (and has been able to complete the Halloween TFO) but as I log into other characters I get the "lost connection to server" error. Very frustrating.
  • lethalshlethalsh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Same story - 16 Dec 2021 12.00 UTC. Game says server will be on maintance 15;00 - 17:30 UTC. but problem with loggin in started about 10:00 UTC . Game all the tame wastingconnection to account server. Internet speed is ok, so it looks like it is server side problem. Everything else works fine except STO.