test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Event Campaign Final Reward Released Early?

Uh... when I went to do my daily Kobayashi Maru for the "No Win Scenario" event that's currently going on PlayStation, there was an exclamation point in the Event Campaign. For some reason, it allowed me to claim the Event Campaign's final reward (the choice pack of a promo ship, ship coupons, or Lobi Crystals). I have a feeling this is a bug.

Comments

• Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Well, I think I figured out what happened. The Kobayashi Maru "No Win Scenario" event, and likely the other non-campaign event we had recently "House Reborn," are/were awarding progress toward the Event Campaign... so some of us that have been doing all the events as they've been released, finished the Event Campaign's progress bar before the last two parts to it have been released. I hope that this won't cause us to not be able to participate in the last two parts to the campaign, or lock us out of those particular event rewards.
  • Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Well, I think I figured out what happened. The Kobayashi Maru "No Win Scenario" event, and likely the other non-campaign event we had recently "House Reborn," are/were awarding progress toward the Event Campaign... so some of us that have been doing all the events as they've been released, finished the Event Campaign's progress bar before the last two parts to it have been released. I hope that this won't cause us to not be able to participate in the last two parts to the campaign, or lock us out of those particular event rewards.

This is by design, and is not a bug. It will not interfere with participating in the smaller events.

First of all... the Kobayashi event IS part of the campaign... part 4 to be exact.

What happened is this - the campaign required 70 daily progresses... but was made up of 5 21-day events (with 14-day projects... events always have extra days in case you need to miss a few). So there's 105 days of which you just need 70....

BUT... you can earn daily toward the campaign even after completing each event's project.

If you did every day of the first three events (and no, House Reborn did not count), then you would already have 63... and could finish after the first week of the fourth event (which the Kobayashi event is #4 - the first three were the Voth, Tholian, and Pahvo events).

BUT... finishing the campaign has no effect on the smaller events. You can continue to do those as usual.

Cool beans. I was given faulty information by the game, then. On PlayStation, in the Event Campaign menu, it doesn't show or tell us that "No Win Scenario" is part of the campaign, so it made me think that I wasn't supposed to be getting credit toward the campaign's completion. Thanks for clearing things up for me. ^_^

https://youtu.be/pYpkF9Ur0mo