test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assigning Bridge Officers

vaylottevaylotte Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited March 2022 in The Academy
Hai there !
I hit Lieutenant Commander and got a better ship. I chose a Cruiser. It has four Boff stations - 1 tac, 2 eng & 1 sci.
I have one of each assigned but haven't been able to assign another eng officer. Actually I can't recruit one as it says I don't have enough room. So i've got a station unused which is a pain.
How do I recruit a new Boff ? I got a couple from mission rewards but never had room for them.
The help menu says to hit U and choose the 'assignments' tab but I can't find any assignments tab ... ??
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• vaylottevaylotte Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Thanks for the help West !
    Was it Sci or Eng that can do 'Polarize Hull' ?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    Sci can do Polarize Hull.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    OK thanks for the help ! ^^
    Hey I bought some refined Dilithium with Zen but it hasn't shown up ? I bought it yesterday ...
    Whats the deal ?
    On the subject of Boffs ... how do I get my 'polarize hull' ability to show in my Ship gui ? I have two science officers and neither has the ability showing up. It's one of their skills I know because I purchased it. They have 4 slotted skills in the skills window but I can only use 2 ... hmm ...
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    If it's not something simple like using the training manual after purchasing it or promoting bridge officers there's also a glitch that can cause your bridge officer abilities to have blank spots when trying to assign abilities in your ship's stations tab.

Here's a link to a thread that can help with the issue. Check out the post in the thread by @corinthalas - it's worded in an easy to understand way that worked for me.
    Yep thanks guys I got it working by selecting my Boff skills under the 'stations' tab ...
    I'm a Captain now and I really needed to get this sorted so thanks for your help :)
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    I don't know if you've used some of the very good online resources available such as the wiki. This part would pertain to your question above about different bridge officer abilities - https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Bridge_officer_and_kit_abilities

Sometimes a quick google search can work wonders.

Congrats on making Captain! Things are more fun having Commander bridge officer abilities available for your ship and away team :smile:
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    vaylotte wrote: »
    Hey I bought some refined Dilithium with Zen but it hasn't shown up ? I bought it yesterday ...
    Whats the deal ?
    Buying from the Dilithium Exchange requires you to also 'Withdraw' it into your Inventory.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • cylus566cylus566 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Know your Bridge rank lay out.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Necromancy detected.
    *casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.