test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nova class - New Model Reveal! (on Tribble)

Comments

• foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,330 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Evening Captains.

I grabbed several quick Vanity Shield screenies of the Nova on the tribble test server. I Apologise it is not every angle or shield. Fighting a massive headache atm so it is difficult to look at a computer screen.

https://imgur.com/gallery/s3ZF1M5

Please let me know if anyone has issues with the link
    kXx65VK.jpg
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,534 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Finally!

So, big party when?
    When it finds its way to Holodeck rather than the Test server!
    Dude.. FINALLY!

It was really getting annoying watching other ships get their 2nd or 3rd re-texture while the Nova just wallowed in obscurity.

The new model looks fantastic. At least they finally did it justice.

Couldn't agree more, on both counts. I mean, its as I said a few posts back, am delighted to see it at long last (will be even more delighted when it finds its way onto Holodeck) but I can't help but have a strong sense of 'better later than never'. I realise it sounds ungrateful, but it's difficult not to think that the only reason it finally received this attention was that they have very few canon ships left that needed this treatment.
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Evening Captains.

I grabbed several quick Vanity Shield screenies of the Nova on the tribble test server. I Apologise it is not every angle or shield. Fighting a massive headache atm so it is difficult to look at a computer screen.

Fantastic! Thank you for doing that, and sharing :)
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,330 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Finally!

So, big party when?
    Dude.. FINALLY!

It was really getting annoying watching other ships get their 2nd or 3rd re-texture while the Nova just wallowed in obscurity.

Couldn't agree more, on both counts. I mean, its as I said a few posts back, am delighted to see it at long last (will be even more delighted when it finds its way onto Holodeck) but I can't help but have a strong sense of 'better later than never'. I realise it sounds ungrateful, but it's difficult not to think that the only reason it finally received this attention was that they have very few canon ships left that needed this treatment.
    Evening Captains.

I just went through and pushed myself a bit more. Hopefully you can access this tweet storm i just did. As it has alot more shields.

Again, let me know if you have issues.
    kXx65VK.jpg

Finally!

So, big party when?
    Dude.. FINALLY!

Evening Captains.

I just went through and pushed myself a bit more. Hopefully you can access this tweet storm i just did. As it has alot more shields.

Again, let me know if you have issues.

No issues here - and thanks again :)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,913 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Man, that thing looks great with the S31.

But then again, I am a sucker for that shield. :lol:

Thank you for the pics @foxman00
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I'm going to need that appointment at the eye infirmary on the 18th as I can't believe my eyes. A Nova model update.

[img][/img]w2u2Gp3.gif

https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
    I'm going to need that appointment at the eye infirmary on the 18th as I can't believe my eyes. A Nova model update.

w2u2Gp3.gif

Yeah - I couldn't believe it either. It's been such a long wait, with so much false hope. Always said I wouldn't believe it until I saw it.
    y3N7NX8.jpg

Saying that, no sign of a T6 version yet and we have no idea when this might find it's way to Holodeck/the C-Store.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 355 Arc User

w2u2Gp3.gif

Yeah - I couldn't believe it either. It's been such a long wait, with so much false hope. Always said I wouldn't believe it until I saw it.
    y3N7NX8.jpg

Saying that, no sign of a T6 version yet and we have no idea when this might find it's way to Holodeck/the C-Store.

Fingers crossed on Tuesday the 16th of November so I can have a nice Birthday present
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    ...well, I'll be damned.

Well, that's one half of the clamoring horde appeased (hopefully). Let's see if they appease the other and show us a T6.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
    edited October 2021

w2u2Gp3.gif

y3N7NX8.jpg

Fingers crossed on Tuesday the 16th of November so I can have a nice Birthday present

Fingers crossed before that! Because to be honest, seeing/flying the new model on Tribble really highlights what an outdated, poor quality, mess the 'current' model is!
    joshmaul wrote: »
    ...well, I'll be damned.

Well, that's one half of the clamoring horde appeased (hopefully). Let's see if they appease the other and show us a T6.

I'm appeased - more or less. I've always said I was more concerned about the Nova having a remaster over possible stats. I just hope that it doesn't take ages for them to release it, in whatever form, onto Holodeck.
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Finally!

So, big party when?
    Dude.. FINALLY!

Evening Captains.

Congrats Reyan - glad to see you'll finally be getting your ship. I'm definitely going to pick up one even if it's just to prove the ship has been wanted THIS WHOLE TIME!!!!
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    Well, I'll ba damned... That IS a job well done!
    Fingers crossed it comes to the Holodeck soon - hopefully, as a T6 right from the start. But still, this face lift was long overdue!
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    edited October 2021
    Well, I'll ba damned... That IS a job well done!
    Fingers crossed it comes to the Holodeck soon - hopefully, as a T6 right from the start. But still, this face lift was long overdue!

And it looks superb in all fairness

• lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Just to note/make it clear, these are all from the Tribble Test Server - model is not live on the main server and is likely still a WIP.
    0pvvBKS.jpg

60x9AqL.jpg
    dydpZwA.jpg
    SdjuqiH.jpg

Also, fantastic work by the ship team. I can't wait to get my hands on this baby when it goes live. Fingers crossed for a T6 scout to be the icing on this particular cake.
    edited October 2021
    A few more screenshots - sorry, but can't help myself!
    aU1wbV7.jpg
    d8Cnx4u.jpg

09ivynW.jpg

iUUrp5k.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,108 Arc User

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Wait what?!! When? Where? How? I'm I dreaming?
  • keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 4,132 Arc User
    Dude.. FINALLY!

spot on.
    meh

• kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 159 Arc User

Keep those screenshots coming.
    The revamp looks so good, it's almost hard to believe.
  • razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    aU1wbV7.jpg
    d8Cnx4u.jpg

09ivynW.jpg

iUUrp5k.jpg

Keep em coming! Its looking great! I'm still in dream lol
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,451 Arc User
    WOOT. Ya get a big, congratulatory hug from me, Reyan :)

1g9uUE1.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    Oh my god FINALLY!
    So pleased for you! And for our server as well.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    #TASinSTO
    #LDinSTO
    #TrekkiesTogether
    edited October 2021
    Edited
    edited October 2021
    razartrek1 wrote: »

Keep em coming! Its looking great! I'm still in dream lol

Me too - I haven't really logged into Holodeck in the past 24 hours. Have been too busy gawping at the remodelled Nova!
    kurtron wrote: »

Keep those screenshots coming.
    The revamp looks so good, it's almost hard to believe.
    Yeah - daft as it sounds, it took me a little while to get my head around the fact I was finally looking at a remodelled Nova. It was wonderful, logging into Tribble and seeing the remodelled ship behind my character in the character select screen too!
    WOOT. Ya get a big, congratulatory hug from me, Reyan :)
    psiameese wrote: »
    Oh my god FINALLY!
    So pleased for you! And for our server as well.

Appreciated! But I almost feel like I should apologise really! I mean, I didn't DO anything other than create threads (going back to 2014) and voice opinions! And I don't think those opinons really made much difference to anything, although I guess we'll have to wait to see what the possible/probable T6 version looks like - if they, for example, made it a Scout ship it might be because of the feedback and opinions expressed about the sort of ship the Nova class became (i.e. the USS Rhode Island and what we saw that ship do).
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,818 Arc User
    <checks the date> It isn't April 1st is it?

Forum activity is going to drop like a brick without the Nova Topic.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,958 Arc User
    Finally!

So, big party when?
    That makes sense.
    Fireworks over ESD (or whatever else flashy things we can activate there) when it releases then?

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    > @mustrumridcully0 said:
    > That makes sense.
    > Fireworks over ESD (or whatever else flashy things we can activate there) when it releases then?

Sounds good to me!
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,387 Arc User
    ok just went to tribble, did not see a T6 nova, tried to buy the regular one and it would not let me. the price was greyed out
    Spock.jpg

• livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Oh my god FINALLY!

i am so TRIBBLE happy for you right now!!!​​
    gQytlm7.jpg
    edited October 2021
    > @vetteguy904 said:
    > ok just went to tribble, did not see a T6 nova, tried to buy the regular one and it would not let me. the price was greyed out

There is no T6 version. I guess it's possible there will be one though, and I strongly suspect it'll be a new skin choice for what would almost definitely be an 'Equinox-class' Cryptic design.
This discussion has been closed.