test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Ability Is This?

millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
I've started seeing this ability being used on occasion. It's not something I've seen often before, but have seen it several times lately. It's like a spinning Gravity Well that's blue-white in color, instead of pink/purple. Here's a screenshot of it.

EpE9IB8.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/qmltVjU

I'd like to know what it is, so I can look up how to get it. Thanks for your time! ^_^
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Subspace Vortex. It's a lockbox skill, available via Infinity BOFF training manual pack, or from the old Xindi-Terrestrial lockbox.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    It's the Eject Red Matter console off the Jellyfish - Subspace Vortex is way smaller than that, is a more muted blue and doesn't have a pure black center but a more greyish-black one.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    It wasn't Subspace Vortex, as I have that, and Subspace Vortex is nowhere near as big and not as bright white in color. But thank you for the suggestion, it does look similar. I should have mentioned that it wasn't Subspace Vortex, my bad.

After searching for the Eject Red Matter console and ability, that's definitely it. It makes me sad that it's from a promo ship, but go figure. That's probably why it looks so neat! Thank you both.
This discussion has been closed.