test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea for a Torpedo Update

danson666danson666 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
My Idea for the Torpedos are, that they can shoot in booth ways. For Example you have a Torp-launcher equipped in the slots for the after weapons. Then you can shoot torpedos 90' to the front and to the back, normally it was only to the back. In my eyes it would be interesting. The only Torpedos who might be a little difficult are the wide range, because they would have a 360' shooting range instead of 180', but they are already limited to 1.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    how about this idea - starship trait: special torpedo firing modes add 5x velocity to torps and 360arc
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Well, personally I'd just love the 22c animations for torpedoes, with the lines flying out of them.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    Well, personally I'd just love the 22c animations for torpedoes, with the lines flying out of them.

Wait, you want actual physical lines? :o
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
    truewarper wrote: »

Wait, you want actual physical lines? :o

Ooh, bitchy, but yeah...

Photon_torpedo.jpg

Crystalline_Energy_Torpedo_Spread-c-jacobsodinforever2000.jpg
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I'd like to see the plasma torps and other energy torpedos lose oomph as they travel.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    I'd like to see the plasma torps and other energy torpedos lose oomph as they travel.
    That doesnt really match up with the show. If anything some of them seem to gain power as they travel. Then again heavy plasma in the show is very fast, faster then basic torpedo's and in game they are completely wrong and the opposite.

Or gain it. In TOS, the Romulan's plasma torpedos built in size as they travelled.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User

Or gain it. In TOS, the Romulan's plasma torpedos built in size as they travelled.

They got bigger in TOS because they started to loose cohesion and density, that is where the falling damage comes from. Also, something that would probably make them over powerful in STO is that the topedoes don't explode on contact, it is another big error shown in TOS-Remastered. What they do is envelope the target and implode on it, which means the weakest shield facing(s) gets really hammered into breaking even if it is not facing the firer.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    What they do is envelope the target and implode on it, which means the weakest shield facing(s) gets really hammered into breaking even if it is not facing the firer.

This applies to the 'early' plasma torpedo as seen in 'Balance of terror'.

They also destabilize the molecular structure, essentially disintegrating the target. The Enterprise survived a hit because she was a little too far away for the torpedo to deal maximum damage.

SFB and SFC took this a little further.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    That doesnt really match up with the show. If anything some of them seem to gain power as they travel. Then again heavy plasma in the show is very fast, faster then basic torpedo's and in game they are completely wrong and the opposite.

you need to watch Balance of Terror again. the only reason the Enterprise survived was the torpedo grew weaker the farther it flew
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
This discussion has been closed.