test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

failed experiment (physical damage (ground) endeavour)

westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 8,479 Arc User
Just an FYI... the damage you get on impact after jumping from high places... does not count as you dealing physical damage.

(the experiment was fun, though).
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    And playing catch with a torpedo?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    because you have to inflict the damage on your ENEMY???
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »

Indeed, if you look at the details it says "deal x damage to enemies" (replace "x" with relevant damage type and amount), so physical would mean standard melee weapons or martial arts (I think even the firearms deal kinetic) and nothing else I dunno if the melee strike from ranged weapons counts.

I'd say a relatively easy way to do that endeavor would be to equip the DSC rep "weapon" and go somewhere with a lot of enemies as the strikes count as physical and it works better then 90% of the melee weapons in game.
  • dacia#9992 dacia Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    It's not a failure if you learned something. ;)
  • sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Actually, I believe that the Tommy counts.

And for those who don't have it, there's the shotgun that's available from the Phoenix box and the throwing knives from the mission Quark's Lucky Seven.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    FYI dropping from a height (floater) at Risa is very efficient if you have a heal health ground endeavor.
    Especially since i am at the point where most stuff on the ground barely leaves a scratch.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    questerius wrote: »
    FYI dropping from a height (floater) at Risa is very efficient if you have a heal health ground endeavor.
    Especially since i am at the point where most stuff on the ground barely leaves a scratch.

Go to Nukara, put down a health generator and stand in an acid pool. Fills that endeavor quite quickly. :wink:

It would be cool if the OP's situation actually worked for the endeavor. After all, it just says 'Deal Physical Damage,' it never says you can't deal it to yourself. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    nixie50 wrote: »

But what if I am my greatest enemy. 8(...

Why don't we have the ability to slap ourselves for 1 damage via an emote. Then we could just do that many thousands or times for the endeavor.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    And playing catch with a torpedo?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmCyAkCjrks
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Go to Nukara, put down a health generator and stand in an acid pool. Fills that endeavor quite quickly. :wink:

It would be cool if the OP's situation actually worked for the endeavor. After all, it just says 'Deal Physical Damage,' it never says you can't deal it to yourself. :lol:

Or be a sci captain with a bunch of healing kits. Toggle your suit on and off for increased incoming damage. Health healing is easy that way. Shield healing is the one that sucks.

Shield healing is easy. Have an engineering boff put up a shield generator, stand around and get hit inside the field.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    For dealing physical damage, the best sources are the Replica Tompson and the Cochrane Shotgun.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Am I the only one that goes to New Romulus for ground healing endeavors?
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    I'm going to guess the Vastam Peaks area, all those stinging insects hitting you for small amounts? Or jumping off the bridges and healing yourself on impact?

Gotta think both are far less efficient than Nukara's acid baths (50-70 per tick DOT).

Insects. As far as I can tell the insects come in groups of 3, so on the edge of the swarm you're only getting ticks from one entity, but the center its all 3. You can also manage to position yourself to take flanking damage, and can remove your armor and keep it off if you can handle the damage output. However unlike on Nukara, you get a BOFF on New Romulus who can do all the work for you. You can help them out too if you want.

But I go there because I found Nukara too slow and demanded too much attention for such stupid endeavors. There is just no chance I'd ever complete those endeavors from normal gameplay, and that continues to annoy me that they haven't been changed.
This discussion has been closed.