test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

While I appreciate the change to Leetas hair and want it for myself.

n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
Her face looks like she either ate a sour lemon or is trying very hard to hold it on, something is really off, wrong and creepy about her face and I preferred the old one. This one is a really big misfire. You massacred her~
4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Her face is different because they gave her cartoon eyes. They did this to a bunch of characters over time. I know they did this to the lukari women a long time ago. They keep doing it. It's either being goofy, a change related to some technical issue in the game, a style change, or a hint to something. The lukari women is important to the mirror stuff so far. Or she's in it. MAybe if we follow the goofy eyes we will find the answer.

Mind you the eyes look like guardians of the galaxies 2 going through too many hyper jumps. Maybe it indicates the characters have been effected by something. Maybe with the time stream. And/or some sort of change related to mind control.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    The earlier Leeta was not fugly per se, but definitely no longer attractive. The real Leeta, in Quark's, certainly was. With the new Leeta they did not improve her looks, to put it mildly.

And see the background image of this page, with Leeta on it? I'd say the young woman next to her (on our left) certainly is attractive. So, it's not like the engine can't make good-looking characters. They simply butchered her. As they did with Seven of Nine. (Ironically, they did a better somewhat older Disco Seven later on).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    And yet, the promo image for Leeta up there looks almost nothing like the character in the game.

Also true. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

And see the background image of this page, with Leeta on it? I'd say the young woman next to her (on our left) certainly is attractive. So, it's not like the engine can't make good-looking characters.
    (above quote edited for brevity)

Yes, that blonde lady on the left, with the topknot/ponytail is certainly smokin' hot! I have been admiring her for a while, and wondering if she was an in-game character or just generic.

As for Leeta, I think the new Leeta is better looking than the old one. And I'm not sure about New Seven. Where do we see her in-game? In the show Picard, I would say Jeri Ryan is hotter than ever; definitely a GMILF.

• chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Has anyone tried deleting Leeta and reclaiming her?
  • ayreon76#1360 ayreon76 Member Posts: 93 Arc User

yea i have from the old mirror version leeta i get the new one
  • xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    genlog76 wrote: »

yea i have from the old mirror version leeta i get the new one

what differences are there?

if you delete and reclaim a holo leeta...she basically looks exactly the same as the one in the new missions/cut scenes
    Post edited by xceptionalzero on
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    she reminds me of Tina Fey, now. o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Yes, I hate the thought of ever claiming Holo-Leeta on a new character now. The 'revised' model is horrible. She looks like she's been suffering some major health problems and then overly made-up to try to hide it. They should change the box now to let us choose not only between Dabo Leeta or Mirror Leeta, but which Mirror Leeta we want.
  • warmasterxdk#9668 warmasterxdk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    I can't be the only one that thought "Leeta, are you okay? Are you okay, Leeta?" HEE HEE. Total MJ vibes from that face. Seriously, the hair is fine, but why on earth did they feel they needed to change the facial structure? My custom BOFF Leeta (aka "Yeeta", not the holo) looks more like her than the new model does.

It looks like whoever modeled it was brand new at working with 3D, and whoever signed off on it was blasted on absinthe.
    Fingers crossed for the return of the Section 31 Heavy Rifle <3
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    This might be terrible to say...but they have made Leeta look far more like Chase did at the last convention I saw her at. She was looking...can I get away with saying haggard/Cougar?
This discussion has been closed.