test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A few issues

mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
1) Jabberwocky:

Been doing this mission a lot on my new toon.
I rolled a new ToS Captain and I hate skipping ahead to things I have not achieved through normal gameplay, so I have been doing Jabberwocky for the event so far.

In the cut scene when you discover the changeling, your Captain is carrying a default phaser as well as whatever weapon they are actually using. So carrying a mini-gun? The scene will show your Captain and you can see them with both a phaser and the mini-gun in their right hand.

Well, that's what it is for my ToS Captain. I assume that Captains from other factions would experience a similar situation only with their default weapon of choice in place of the phaser pistol.

2) Federation Academy - Tailor:

The avatar is clearly a female, but the voice over is a male voice.

3) Any Mission where you use the grapple gun:

This has been a thing as far back as I remember them adding these to the game, but once you use either the zipline or rappel down in a mission, you are then carrying that grapple gun and have two 'ropes' coming from it going into the ground.
Changing weapons doesn't help.

4) Captain in Space:

In several missions, Jabberwocky and at the end of Uneasy Allies to name a couple, my Captain is pictured in place of my ship. So at the end of Uneasy Allies, for example, after I escape the sphere and beam up, instead of showing my ship at the fore of the ships gathered there, my Captain is standing in space in front of those ships, dwarfing them in fact.

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    And a few more,,,

Doing Butterfly, towards the end of the first cutscene the Klingon in charge suddenly had a rifle in his hand while at the conference table.

Gave me a serious mafia vibe. "We're going to put the hit on the Iconians, see? And if you don't like it, my little friend here has a few words for you, see?"

Also, a whole lot, and I mean a whole lot of missions that should show my ship in space do not. Instead they show my Captain standing in space.

I really think that the devs should all be given an episode to replay and take notes of all the bugs. My Captain walking through space to get to a meeting on a station should *NEVER* happen, but it is all over the game.

Finally, for now, my ship is almost never shown in conversation windows. I see things like " . Prepare to beam us aboard." and things like that.

And I say "almost never" to offer the benefit of the doubt. I can not cite an example where my ship name does appear, but it's possible that it does and I just didn't notice since that is how I expect it to work.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    1) Jabberwocky:
    In the cut scene when you discover the changeling, your Captain is carrying a default phaser as well as whatever weapon they are actually using. So carrying a mini-gun? The scene will show your Captain and you can see them with both a phaser and the mini-gun in their right hand.

I've done this mission 1000 times and never seen this.

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    1) Jabberwocky:

And I have done it many times for the event and have seen it every time. I won't pretend to remember if it was always this way during however many times I ran and re-ran it on various characters before , but it was certainly this way last night.
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    1) Jabberwocky:

And I have done it many times for the event and have seen it every time. I won't pretend to remember if it was always this way during however many times I ran and re-ran it on various characters before , but it was certainly this way last night.

I've certainly seen it, especially when I was dealing damage to the changeling while armed with a rifle. It might be a different story if your active weapon was a pistol, though.