test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 9/30/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
edited January 2022 in Release Notes
You can find the patch notes for this morning's PC maintenance here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11499233
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    Thanks Kael
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Can I get some more details on "the shuttle bug"?
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 551 Arc User

There were 11 threads about it on the PC Gameplay Bugs Reports, but this one's the one I was most active on.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1263452/shuttle-not-shown-in-active-status
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Website says there's supposed to be a key sale that should have gone active 3 hrs ago, but there's nothing on the store.
    1xe027q.png
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 165 Arc User

The shuttle bug which i too have put in a bug report about.

Is this:

Normally you will have a ship and shuttle readied. Since a big patch a month or so ago, if you decide to change ships you suddenly will no longer have a shuttle readied. This will cause the game to deny you access to content requiring a shuttle. A work around is to switch the ship to the shuttle. But if you do this, the game wont let you do other content requiring a non-shuttle and again you have to switch to a different ship.

Normally you would go to a ship manage Non-player character and select your ships you want readied by selecting the ship type and click on the ship and hitting ready.

At this time doing this does not do what it is supposed to, and instead switches your ship to what ever you selected and only that ship will be readied.

Before this bug, both a primary ship and shuttle could be readied. This at the manage ship Non-player character menu would show icons on each one you had readied.

Now this is not the case.

Another long way to work around and get the shuttle readied along witht he primary ship, is to dismiss the shuttle, then get another shuttle which wich seams to cause that shuttle to automatically become readied. It will show the icon and allow you to access missions normally. This howver will require to re-equip that shuttle of items and re-do the actual control button setup you have while using that shuttle.

I dont know if this is made clear enough or not.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 551 Arc User

Additionally, this bug came about at the start of the Temporal Recruit event this past month.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited October 2021

And that summarizes why people are stopping bothering trying to send bugs reports or testing things on the Tribble Server.

You have several threads in the Bug Hunting section about this bug, I even got a reply from a GM saying they were aware of the bug, it has been brought this up to their Senior GMs for further review, and directed me to the bug section.

And this time, the bug is completely unavoidable if you change ships (which, considering the T6 Steamrunner and updated ships were released, in addition to the free Mirror Gagarin becoming available, is very likely to be a lot more visible to players).

And since one of the requirements for the Mirror event involves playing a TFO and a shuttle-only queue is the third visible in the list, players are gonna ask why its line is red and why the game is locking them out of it because "class requirement not met".

And then, this prominent, documented bug stays here for a whole month, and the CM shows up and says he's not aware. Again.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    And since one of the requirements for the Mirror event involves playing a TFO and a shuttle-only queue is the third visible in the list...
    I was going to quibble with you here because there's no Shuttle-only TFO in the Event list.
    Then I looked at the regular TFO list, and sure enough, Atmosphere Assault is 3rd in the list.
    I almost made myself look like a moron here, but I'm sure I'll manage to do it in a different post...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    There is also the fact that it messes with the "equip existing gear loadout to newly equipped ship" option. I remember the first time the bug happened and I got my shuttle gear equipped on my new ship for no reason and it wouldn't stop doing so until I added all the main ship gear one by one.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
This discussion has been closed.