test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lorca's ambition- dark matter torpedo no firing modes?

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,853 Arc User
taking the Mirror Gagarin out for a spin, decided to put the full Lorca's ambition set on.. but the DM torpedo will not fire TS3... anyone else encounter that? is it WAI because of the procs??
Spock.jpg

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Not having that issue here. Try swapping out the BOff to another and back, sometimes helps with stuck things.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Oh, also make sure if you're not manually firing torps that it's highlighted green for auto-fire. For some reason the game has been turning off auto-fire on torps by default, whether equipping a new ship where only the energy weapons will be auto-fire, or existing loadouts.

Note: I don't have the new warship yet, but the Dark Matter Torp is working fine on other ships.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I have no problems with this torp, I use it on all my sci builds.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    right, but the OP mentioned he is using it on the specific ship, of which neither of you mention you are using it on. tom does mention he is not using the ship as stated, but senn is vague on it.

Would one seriously expect the Mirror Gagarin to be a Sci build?
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I haven't yet unlocked the ship so I'd have no idea whether it is a ship specific issue.

I do use the DM torp on a ship or two and never had issues with it, though.

The only thing I can think of is that you're using some other power that is loading up a different torpedo firing mode. Transport warhead might do it (how you would use that on the mirror Gagarin I have no idea) or more likely is the command BOFF power concentrate firepower. The original Gagarin trait might also be at issue here if you're using that.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I haven't yet unlocked the ship so I'd have no idea whether it is a ship specific issue.

I do use the DM torp on a ship or two and never had issues with it, though.

The only thing I can think of is that you're using some other power that is loading up a different torpedo firing mode. Transport warhead might do it (how you would use that on the mirror Gagarin I have no idea) or more likely is the command BOFF power concentrate firepower. The original Gagarin trait might also be at issue here if you're using that.

These are excellent observations! I wouldn't have thought of those possibilities/
This discussion has been closed.