test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugs in "Firewall" that prevent mission progression

decker73adecker73a Member Posts: 96 Arc User
While doing my daily playthrough of "Firewall" I encountered the two following issues that made me have to drop and restart the mission.

1) While defending file transfer room, two Terran enemies fell through the geometry outside the accessible part of the map. When I moved to the far right side of the map (out in the hallway ouside fo the room) I could actually see them on the mini-map off in the distance but could not reach them in any way. This made it impossible to complete the objective of cleaning up the remaining terran forces.

2) When I was unable to complete the objective to clean up the terran forces, I beamed back into space and re-entered the mission. The mission objectives matched the beginning of the "Warped" portion of the mission, but the map I was on was the Prime version of the starbase (in the darkened room where you initially meet Desoto).

Comments

• screwloose53184screwloose53184 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I'm getting this bug on a regular basis. On EVERY toon I have played this mission on, it seems to put some enemies out of the map, which blocks progression. So the only way to get the mission to work, is to drop the mission, and restart it, which is annoying.
    Fleet Leader of STO Fleets: The Illegitimate Children of Kirk & Champions of Sto'Vo'Kor
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    decker73a wrote: »
    While doing my daily playthrough of "Firewall" I encountered the two following issues that made me have to drop and restart the mission.

1) While defending file transfer room, two Terran enemies fell through the geometry outside the accessible part of the map. When I moved to the far right side of the map (out in the hallway ouside fo the room) I could actually see them on the mini-map off in the distance but could not reach them in any way. This made it impossible to complete the objective of cleaning up the remaining terran forces.

2) When I was unable to complete the objective to clean up the terran forces, I beamed back into space and re-entered the mission. The mission objectives matched the beginning of the "Warped" portion of the mission, but the map I was on was the Prime version of the starbase (in the darkened room where you initially meet Desoto).

I can confirm both. They happened to me also.

Basically you can't kill the remaining Terrans and you can't restart that part either.
    If you try that, your objectives remain as far as you progressed but the actual mission is started from beginning.

So there's nothing you can do but drop it and retry.

I am not sure what causes the Terrans to be stuck outside normal area. Probably due to some Kit abilities.
  • dacia#9992 dacia Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    decker73a wrote: »
    I am not sure what causes the Terrans to be stuck outside normal area. Probably due to some Kit abilities.

If it helps, Uncertainty Burst has always been a standard ability I add to one BoFF for each of my characters. My main uses it as a Kit Ability and I've never had an issue in story missions or TFO's.

One thing you might try is making sure you have an engineer or two with Quantum Mortar as it has the ability to hit things through obstacles.
  • dacia#9992 dacia Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Delete this. I'm apparently having issues with quotes and hitting the correct buttons today.