Upgrade Weekend?

sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
When is the next upgrade weekend?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    dacia#9992 dacia Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    It's a good time to have one. Most people will be finishing the Temporal Op Reputation award that makes reputation gear at VIII Ultra Rare in four days. It gives people an extra four days to get there if you need it, and bam. Easy golding.

I just hope the date is accurate. This is not me trolling or flaming. I'm merely expressing a genuine concern that we might blow some upgrade tokens just to find that they're not being doubled in effectiveness.
  • Options
    sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Yep, I saw when I logged in today.

Also, is it possible for a Fed captain to buy a KDF BOFF and vice versa?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    sukhothai wrote: »

The exchange probably lets you buy them, but you can't commission them. You might be able to grind them into delicious slurry to drink to learn new skills (aka create training manual OF BLOOD).

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    dacia#9992 wrote: »
    It's a good time to have one. Most people will be finishing the Temporal Op Reputation award that makes reputation gear at VIII Ultra Rare in four days. It gives people an extra four days to get there if you need it, and bam. Easy golding.

That dat will arrive in 3 days for me: all reps at Tier V. :) Could, indeed, use an upgrade weekend.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

The exchange probably lets you buy them, but you can't commission them. You might be able to grind them into delicious slurry to drink to learn new skills (aka create training manual OF BLOOD).

Exchange has a tick box that says 'only usable', but it's broken (for doffs, at least), so don't rely on it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

When you get the Diplomacy DOFF school to level IV, you can buy obtain one KDF BOFF.
    Yes, I mean a Bridge Officer. It comes from a special vendor, not the Exchange.

Similarly when a KDF captain gets the corresponding DOFF school, (Marauding), to level IV, then he/she/it can get one Fed BOFF.

As far as I know, that's the only way to get cross-faction Bridge Officers, and it's only ever one per captain.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Note that there are some Klingon boffs awarded to Federation captains, but possibly only one while leveling up. I have a rare quality KDF officer sitting in the pool on one captain. Check the exchange but make sure they have the fed tag / blue border not the KDF red border.
This discussion has been closed.