test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What about Omni/Wide Arc weapons as a dilithium sink?

lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
Vanity shields are nice, but for me it's typically not something I'm very interested in...it could take me a dozen+ boxes just to get a single weapon I want out of them, much less have I ever seen either of the special weapons
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    That's a good idea, though it does mean Cryptic giving up some lock box sales from people not opening weapon packs.

What would be neat, but even more unrealistic, would be dil store omnis of types that don't currently have an omni, like TOS blue and Andorian blue phasers, or the older reputation beams.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    That would be a very nice addition actually, maybe a special infinity omni / wide arc choice pack for 280-500k dil, with the weapons being account bound after selection? I haven't checked the wide arc prices but lockbox omni prices are RIDICULOUS, an rare sale like this would help the dilex AND put some downward pressure on those prices.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    That would be a very nice addition actually, maybe a special infinity omni / wide arc choice pack for 280-500k dil, with the weapons being account bound after selection? I haven't checked the wide arc prices but lockbox omni prices are RIDICULOUS, an rare sale like this would help the dilex AND put some downward pressure on those prices.

I'd even be happy with character bound to not have to deal with lock box lottery or paying eleventy tens of millions on the exchange (if they are even listed)
  • discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    It wouldn't be entirely vanity, lockbox omnis would in some cases be better than the crafted ones (which they would replace).
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    There is no need to be lockbox ones... just make some that are imposible to get, like a Herald Antiproton Omni, Fleet TOS Phaser/Disruptor/Plasma Omni, Romulan Plasma Omni, and so on... a lot of dill will be spend on those, as there is no other way to obtain them.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    That's a good idea, though it does mean Cryptic giving up some lock box sales from people not opening weapon packs.

What would be neat, but even more unrealistic, would be dil store omnis of types that don't currently have an omni, like TOS blue and Andorian blue phasers, or the older reputation beams.

Well I imagine it would be at a premium, definitely cost more than the vanity shields and be limited events like them as well.

I guess it's wishful thinking because there are a few omnis I want and I can't pull them to save my life. (I'm in a 8 year drought when it comes to a grand prize ship, luck is never on my side)
This discussion has been closed.