test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,898 Arc User
    Jaessa: well i dont doubt the truth of what you say about cerys even if its too late for reconciliation.... you want to help her "fix" things? *she lightly chuckles in an unhinged manner.* you have any idea of what shes done to us?! here look for yourself! *she lifts up her tank top exposing her chest, from the top of her left shoulder, between her chest down to the base of her sternum runs a deep and painful looking scar.* she did this to me, with a f*cking vibrosword! i was six years old.... she wanted me to prove my strength.... i tried... but that was the closest ive ever come to dying. *she slowly puts her tank top back down staring forward with a melancholic expression.* i probably would've died if my father had'nt shown up when he did. he may have been sith but at least he had a sense of parental protection..... *she looks over with a somber expression* i know you have feelings for cerys but take my advice and dont get involved with my f*cked up family....

lythe: this is the first ive seen of these ferengi, they remind me of some of the mutant mon'keigh guardsman i have put down in the past....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    Henha: *she goes silent for a moment before looking up at her* People can change can't they Jaessa? I'm not naive enough to believe anything can be over night changed to suddenly everyone is friends. *she looks towards the ground* I can't stop how I feel, even if it might hurt me in the end.

Samaia: *she thinks back to a similar conversation on change that she shared with Jaessa, remembering when they met Clea as well* Its hard to overcome anger that has steeped for thousands of years.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    jaessa: *shakes her head.* you poor fool. but i guess thats love, i thought i was beyond it but some how i found samaia... with out her id probably be lost in the bottom of a bottle every night..... i'd dug myself into such a deep hole there wasnt a chance in hell i could get out. *she looks over at samaia with a loving expression.* but there she was standing up there lowering that rope and pulling me out of the sh*t pit i made for myself. now my life is changing for the better. i thought i was lost cause... but i guess if by some miracle i can change for the better....... maybe she can too.... *she looks down with a somber expression clutching the scar on her chest.* its painful to think about... the possibility.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    edited September 2021
    Samaia: Sometimes hope can change everything. I love you and I was never going to give up on you, no matter how far down you dug.*she wraps and arm around Jaessa, hugging her from the side and giving a warm smile, touched by what Jaessa said* It will definitely be rough, whatever may come, but as long as we give her the chance, she might prove she can change.

Henha: Thank you for understanding. *She looks bashful, but appreciates Jaessa's words* And thank you for considering it. Together I think she really has the capability to change, as long as she has the opportunity.
    jaessa: i love you too, *she rests her head on samaia's shoulder.* i guess i just need some time to process this. i wont forgive what shes done but.... at least ill give her a chance... *she lets out a small chuckle as she looks over to henha.* you really know how to pick'em dont you? out of this galaxy full of people with far less problems then my family you some how fall for cerys. do you want to sit down? im curious about a few things if you have the time i suppose.
    Henha: Sure, I'd be happy to stick around and talk. *she nods, sitting down in a chair* And even with all the problems, I think its worth it to follow your heart. What were you curious about?

Samaia: *She kisses Jaessa's cheeks, rubbing her side as Jaessa rests against her*
    jaessa: *sits down on samaia's lap.* so did you fall for cerys before or after she some how got got feeling. and with that..... i... i never thought she even had emotions or feeling. before she cropped up again the last time i saw her i ran her thru with my lightsaber and she just looked down at me completely unmoving and stone faced..... "are you quite done?" is all she said before she left and it scared the ever living sh*t out of me......
    Henha: I would have to say it was before her feeling returned. I was initially just helping her learn about this galaxy, and everything in it, but as we spent time together my feelings developed. There were moments here and there where I thought I saw something in her past that what I thought at the time was a stoic exterior. *she looks thoughtful* Before she got her feeling back I don't know if she even was able to feel pain, but I saw her after she injured her hand as a test.

Samaia: *she wraps her arms around Jaessa, making sure she's comfortable on her lap and keeping her in a warm embrace. She gives Jaessa a squeeze feeling her fear when she talks about what happened*
    jaessa: *feeling more at ease being held her eyes go wide as she makes a heaving motion. as she holds up her hand a bowl comes flying past samaia's head finding its way to jaessa as she vomits into it.* im sorry... *she says after a moment of heaving and coughing.* i cant keep a damn thing down... *she sets the bowl down and wipes her face with a towel.* so back to the topic at hand then. *she sits back nestling into samaia feeling safe and cozy.* how did she get feeling back.... this is all new territory for me. all my life ive only ever seen her and little more then robotic in everything that she did.... i just figured she had always existed like that or was born like that... to be honest i have no idea what cerys even is... i guess ive never thought about it before.... *she looks off in deep thought.*
    Henha: Don't worry about it, I understand morning sickness. She got her feeling back after Donovan touched her shoulder after we finished watching the movie. Something about him being immortal I guess had a weird effect and she was able to feel again.

Samaia: I have noticed before that Nick and Bri feel very strange in the force. It could have something to do with their immortality. *she gently rubs Jaessa's stomach subconsciously*
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,149 Arc User
    Nick: the sound barrier is 770 miles per hour. I feel there is a difference between that and mach 9 which is 6905 miles per hour. Secondly there's still a constuct left! *He says as he fans the hammer into the last one* look, let's just focus on the mission.

Quark: *a hur'q calling beacon is beamed a few feet away from him, he grins*

Nog: Uncle, what is that?

Quark: Insurance.

Leck: I don't care about latnium. I'm the top eliminator in the Ferengi alliance. Quark put together a job like this back during the Dominion War to save his mother. It was the sloppiest, most amateurish operation I've ever seen... So I told him to give me a call if he ever did it again. So here we are.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    Marrok: Right, so imagine how much damage a solid slug going that speed will do to anything - organic or otherwise.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    jaessa: hmm now that is strange.... *she ponders a moment.* i cant even begin to guess on how it happened......

lythe: eliminator? some sort of assassin then.
    Nick: I'm worried its just gonna shatter these things too easily, go though a wall or two before alerting someone. What are the bullets made it anyways? Tungsten? Duranium? I'd like to know the capabilities at the very least. Is it a gauss styled weapon? Smokeless powder? please give me something to work with. other than that, at this point we're weapons free..... wait, what's that *he looks over to the device that was beamed in*

Leck: You could say that. Most Ferengi don't like being around us because we kill potential customers, or we care more about the sport of it than profit.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Marrok: Electromagnetic acceleration of solid conductive slugs - basically a handheld railgun.

(I have no idea what the strongest conductive metal is in the world - silver is apparently the most conductive, but silver is also an extremely soft metal, so it can't be used as railgun ammo - same with copper, the next most conductive metal...and conductivity scores just drop off from there.)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Henha: Honestly, I wouldn't know where to begin to consider what might've happened. I don't have much experience with the force.

Samaia: If we knew the details on how she became immortal, it might help. If she didn't feel anything then it sounds similar to the immortality that Lord Scourge and Darth Vitiate had, the Sith Emperor from my time.

Janri: It sounds to me like it's a more... "official" term than assassin, while filling the same role. I can definitely see why the average ferengi wouldn't stick around them.
    jaessa: i guess ill need to talk to her to get an idea of what the hell is happening.

lythe: there is a certain enjoyment in a successful hunt.
    Nick: Fine, just keep an eye out, we're waiting on brunt now....... so are we not questioning Quark's insurance or do you not care?

Leck: with an attitude like that, you could make a killing!
    Henha: I think it'd be worth it. I'm sure you'd have a much better time understanding it all than I would.

Samaia: I think a talk with her would be good. I hope this change is not temporary.

Janri: I know I take some enjoyment in hitting things with a hammer atleast.
    Marrok: As long as we have enough time to escape after it's activated...and hopefully we won't end up needing it.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

jaessa: *rubs her chin deep in thought.* i had always just assumed she was like this since the beginning of her... existence i guess would be the word. she's certainly not human or mortal in any sense of the word. maybe if we can figure out what she is and the way of which she attained her immortality then we can better understand and figure out a way to fix it.... looking back on it all now i realize i know next to nothing about my own mother. i dont even know how old she is....

cerys: *looks around with a gasp as she gently places a hand on her chest with a warm smile.* you hide it well brina but deep down you do care. you cannot hide your true nature no matter how deep you try to bury it. *she speaks in a soft and motherly tone.* set it free and be happy, let go of the chains that hold you down.... its what your father and i have always wanted for you..... *she replicates herself some tea siting down with tears in her eyes and a smile.* maybe i can finally do something right... *she sips her tea humming a luluby she used to sing for jaessa and evelynn.*

lythe: maybe i could look into this assassin business. im sure there is no shortage of patrons be they criminal, political, or other wise that would want some rival or another dealt with.
    Nick: Okay, fair. I'm not gonna argue.

Leck: that's the spirit!

*Over comms for both teams*

Brunt [Comms]: I have the location, sending them to you all now. I'm on my way.

Leck: Looks like we're up, the hunt is on! *He checks his pad and nods. Taking out his weapon and leading the way down a hall*

Donovan: *relaxing in K-13's bar* maybe she'll come join me... It would be nice... But don't expect it. She may want alone time after finally regaining her feeling.. I get that... I'm sure even just being around her daughter like that is making her happy...
    Samaia: I think now is the best time to get to know her better. We could sit down together, talk with her, I could even make some tea for us. It would be nice to learn more about my one day mother in law. *She sounds a bit teasing with her last sentence*

Henha: She would probably be willing to let you know a lot about her, all you need to do is ask.

Janri: Finally, time for some action. *she flips her hammer onto her shoulder and starts following after Leck* Lythe... if you do become an assassin promise me you won't do much work for the Syndicate? I have personal reasons for not wanting friends and family associated with them.
    jaessa: oh... right we havnt actually made it official yet. *its hard to tell her blushing thru her crimson skin.*

lythe: *looks as if shes gliding as she silently follows behind.* well if you want anyone in this syndicate to conveniently disappear i can arrange that.
    Samaia: You know... we could make it official now. *She grabs one of Jaessa's hands, intertwining their fingers andd kissing Jaessa's cheek* I just wasn't sure if you wanted to be the one to... bring it up or if you would rather I did.

Henha: *She stays silent, blushing a bit herself*

Janri: I might have a few here and there. A certain Matron has had it out for me for a long time since I left Syndicate space.
    (You are not assassinating Melani Di'an)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(She never said it was Melani)
    (She said 'matron' - I'm covering the bases)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(if some one pays lythe the off melani she'll do it and good luck trying to stop her, but its only if they pay she wont go out of her way to kill her.)

jaessa:*her face is warm and more flush as she blushes heavily.* well um i have something in the works, when jorin gets back.... i did want to make our own trip there, not a long one but it is very.... personal. *she looks deep into samaia's eyes.* i want to take you to korriban to where my father is buried.

lythe: as long as i have names i can find them.

*a small arachnoid woman walks into the mess hall of k-13. she has blue skin and long silver colored hair with two sets of red eyes with slanted pupils. underneath one of her arms is a crutch helping to hold her up as makes strange agitated clicking noises on her way to the bar.*
    Samaia: I think thats a fine idea. *despite the eyewrap Jaessa can tell that Samaia has a very similar gaze, looking into her eyes* I haven't heard much about your father, and I like the sound of visiting.

Janri: I'll have to write them down. Are you actually planning on hunting them down?