test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Simple request with new content.

This game has three difficulties. Why make the new klingon ground stories, on lowest difficulty, impossible for the casual player to see/read the story? I gave up on the new content when my only toon that is maxed out for ground combat failed miserably. Clearly you need to be an expert to enjoy the new story. Real shame I'll never get to enjoy the new stuff. It does insure I'll never put more money into this game, since it clearly is not being written for the casual player, like most earlier content.
P.S. I am writing to the people who make this game. I am not asking for your negative opinions about me being a casual player, so please just stow it before writing it.

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    You can not dictate what kind of responses you want. If you get negative opinions sobeit everyone is entitled to express themselves as they wish. However if posts are that where they break forum policy, thats what the mods are here for, From what you are saying though I think you could be in need of build help. You can ask for build help on The Academy sub forum, but to help you on your way @darkbladejk could you offer some assistance.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Difficulty doesn't change unless you specifically change it in settings or join a queue for a higher difficulty. Under the Basic tab in options make sure your difficulty is set to normal. From there the best place to start is what you're actually running for your build. Can you post some screenshots of your build? Let's make sure that's solid and we can explore the possibility of bugs. If your build does need work, that I can assist you with and we can take it in whatever direction you want to go.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • gaming1ogregaming1ogre Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Really? I am giving feedback to the game designers. I have been playing since day one. I can clear all old content with secondary toons. The new stuff is impossible for me with my best ground toon. Clearly, by comparing to past work, the difficulty has gone way up. This is a fact anyone can observe by playing some old content and then playing the new content. This is a very demonstrable fact! Also, I commonly play hard TFOs and they are nothing on hard compared to the klingon episodes on easy. That is another sign of failed/broken balancing.
    P.S. If the system is so hard you need professional help to build a toon for easy mode, that is BROKEN! Also, you would no doubt tell me to get a bunch of **** from the LOBI store which I will never be involved in because it's gambling. Therefor your "advice" like all advice I have gotten in the past (over and over again) is pay to win B.S. Also, I am quite capable of reading the descriptions and using them as stated, so unless that part lies...
    P.P.S. Another suggestion: How about you split the difficulty switch so there is one for ground and one for space. If that ever happened, I would immediately up the space to max while leaving the ground on minimum difficulty. I currently leave the switch in minimum difficulty because you can't switch while in an episode. :(
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    @gaming1ogre Hey dude an olive branch was reached out to you, to help you, but if you want to go of on a rant anf throw your toys out of your play pen then carry on the way you are going. @darkbladejk is one of the best people around that could help you AND also a person who can kick you off of the forum completely, so either change your attitude and change your tune and apologise for acting like a baby with a smelly diaper or you may find that your forum access will be cut short.
    Post edited by eazzie on
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    edited September 2021
    @gaming1ogre Being here from day one doesn't mean you've been doing it right from day one. You can be here from day one as you say and be using a build that's not doing anywhere close to the output you think it is. You could also be using incorrect tactics for certain mobs, such as trying to kill tholians with radiation, since radiation actually heals them. It's possible that your build is fine and all you need to do is change tactics, but if you're not willing to at least try different solutions to your problem you will never get anywhere. I will also have to assume you created this thread purely to be a rant thread which means I will have to close this thread in accordance with the rules. Simply because a game is considered hard doesn't make it a bad game or has a steeper learning curve.

I am going to make this offer to you one final time. If you would like help to explore possible solutions, I am willing to provide you that help. You say you're having trouble dying, alright let's look at your build and see what kind of gear you're using and so on. What kind of gear are you using? What kind of damage reduction does it give you? What kind of abilities are you using to boost yourself and take down foes? Could you pick up more survival and damage? Assuming your build is fine, what tactics are you using? Are you using radiation on tholians? When you fight Hurq are you taking out the cruisers first or picking off some of the little ships to reduce their numbers? Are you mixing energy types on your ship or sticking to one cohesive type? Are you using a smattering of beam arrays, dual banks, cannons and turrets? If your build does need to be adjusted then we can do that without having to touch lobi or box items. In fact we can get you sorted for under 5m ec and no more than 56k dilithium. That's one week for a single toon of dilithium refinement. In fact I routinely give budget builds to those who request them.

You're saying you've had issues, alright cool. I'm saying let's take a step back from what you're doing, examine it logically and see if we can't get you sorted out. If you accept my offer we can get you sorted out and if necessary I will run the mission with you on PC or see if I can arrange for one of my guys on console to help you out. You can accept my offer and we get you sorted out and back to enjoying the game. Or you can reject my offer and still be no better off than when you started. The choice is yours.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator