test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Enterprise 20th year anniversary, and not a mention by STO??

2»

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Maybe have another time travel arc where we help Jeffery Combs (Shran) defeat another Jeffery Combs character from the future/present.
    edited September 2021
    it could be the issue with the Paramount studio and Viacom. Maybe there were more issue than they let on. But it seems they like the nostalgia and want to keep the canon. But there was also rumors of ending all old trek similar to what that other franchise that starts with Star did and make it non-canon/or a different timeline. it would be nice to see maybe some mirro elements from Enterprise as I thought they put a different spin on things and as mentioned above there wanted a whole seaon in the mirror uni. too bad we got 6 episode of DSC so far.

Why both Enterprise and Discovery are set in the prime timeline, the same timeline that's constantly being altered, the Original timeline doesn't exist anymore, due to verious temporal events like Sisko becoming Gabriel Bell,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbNWtPi2Lzw
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Yep every Trek captain including us has been involved in timey-wimey shenanigans starting with TOS. The timeline hasn't ever survived a Trek show (or STO) without changes,
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Blame Lt. Joe Tormolen and Lt. Kevin Riley for all this.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

^^^
    You realize they both died/disappeared before the first time travel episode of TOS, right? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited September 2021

^^^
    You realize they both died/disappeared before the first time travel episode of TOS, right? ;)

Riley didn't. and Tormolen died IN that episode
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User

^^^

Yep. The Naked Time. Time travel right at the end. Caused by Tormolen bringing the virus on board, which infected Riley which caused his shut-down-the-engines musical ice-cream-distribution and female-crewmember-hairstyle-tips show, which led to Scotty's hot restart of the engines while in a shifting gravity well, giving us the first proto-slingshot-effect time travel.

Absolutely their fault. The DTI should go give Tormolen an analgesic before he beams down (preventing the virus ever getting aboard), and give Riley voice lessons (for humanitarian reasons). Problems solved! :)
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »

^^^

Yep. The Naked Time. Time travel right at the end. Caused by Tormolen bringing the virus on board, which infected Riley which caused his shut-down-the-engines musical ice-cream-distribution and female-crewmember-hairstyle-tips show, which led to Scotty's hot restart of the engines while in a shifting gravity well, giving us the first proto-slingshot-effect time travel.

Absolutely their fault. The DTI should go give Tormolen an analgesic before he beams down (preventing the virus ever getting aboard), and give Riley voice lessons (for humanitarian reasons). Problems solved! :)

Yes, I suppose as they did travel back in time 3 days - however, they didn't change anything per se; there were just two 1701's for 71 hours so for a time they did double the patrolling ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

^^^

Yes, I suppose as they did travel back in time 3 days - however, they didn't change anything per se; there were just two 1701's for 71 hours so for a time they did double the patrolling ;)

Goes to show one of the differences between Captains Kirk and Janeway.

When the Voyager was out of phase and there were two existing at the same time, she tried to bring them back together (which resulted in one of them having to make a sacrifice).

Meanwhile Kirk takes advantage of two Enterprises and gets to work until things work out in the end... :wink:
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Plus, I have to say I fully support the "double portions of ice cream" policy. I hope Kirk implemented that policy after all!

I guess he did, or we never would have got the Baskin-Robbins-on-floppy-disk in "And The Children Shall Lead"...or, for that matter, Counselor Troi being recruited at all. ;)
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User

^^^

When the Voyager was out of phase and there were two existing at the same time, she tried to bring them back together (which resulted in one of them having to make a sacrifice).

Meanwhile Kirk takes advantage of two Enterprises and gets to work until things work out in the end... :wink:

If they'd tried to separate and share the antimatter, they would have both been destroyed. If they evacuated everyone to one ship, the atomic balance would have been thrown off and destroyed them...going back together was the best solution. It didn't work, so yeah...one crew would sacrifice themselves for another. What exactly do you think Kirk would have done in that situation?
    kayajay wrote: »

^^^

If they'd tried to separate and share the antimatter, they would have both been destroyed. If they evacuated everyone to one ship, the atomic balance would have been thrown off and destroyed them...going back together was the best solution. It didn't work, so yeah...one crew would sacrifice themselves for another. What exactly do you think Kirk would have done in that situation?

Probably shoot the other Enterprise, half the TRIBBLE Kirk did would get him thrown out of Starfleet in today's day and age, modern starfleet just needs to loosen up, BTW first round of romulan ale is on me.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    I'm serious. No mention of anything Star Trek Enterprise related specifically as a tribute to it's 20th year anniversary.

That's because the road has been so long by now there's hardly any faith left (inside) of the heart.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    We did post a tribute on social media. I know that's not necessarily what folks wanted, but it was what I could do and I wanted to make sure the anniversary didn't go unmarked. I was gonna try and get the devs together to sing Faith of the Heart, but no one had time. :)
  • stocostumes#8412 stocostumes Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    If anyone is interested we have a costume set based on the Enterprise characters:

https://imgur.com/a/ED9jxbx

The saved costume files can be loaded into alien playable characters or boffs.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    True, it is a shame that Moonves hated Star Trek so much that he shut down ENT the first chance he got.

I am not sure the T'Pol being half Romulan thing would have gone over very well with the fans. It would have looked even more like they were just taking things from the movie and TNG eras and putting them in ENT with the names changed since Savaak was Romulan but raised in Vulcan society and T'Pol would have been more or less just more of the same.

He hated sci-fi in general, never grew up around it, therefore his 2 dimensional mind was quite...limited.

52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
This discussion has been closed.