test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is the Terran Emperor? (Spoilers)

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    > @aftulus said:
    > Mirror Daniels. He's the mirror universes time brigade. But they are corrupt. Or just plane Daniels and it's all a lie.

Oh, man... Wouldn't that be a crazy twist? From the moment he showed up on ST:ENT, he's been nudging the timeline his way...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    My wish: Mirror Gabriel Lorca resurrected by mycelial network, simply because I love that character
    My tip: James O'Brien, nowhere was said he died

I would also like Ezri Tigan to show up because I like cute but naughty girls. 😊
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    It's just Tendi as Emperor Dominator doing an impersonation of Mirror Shaxs who was a Terran in that reality.
    "And for your information, Leeta, I haven't been sparing anyone for over FIVE years!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, speculation pertaining to the Emperor aside, I am kinda hoping this storyline might become the secondary catalyst (we know the primary catalyst was Mirror Georgiou's departure from the MU) for the eventual downfall of the Terran Empire that Kovich made reference to in DSC 'Die Trying' .
    That would be nice.

Or at least they do something akin to the novels where the Terran Empire becomes like a Galactic Commonwealth. Though hopefully better executed then it was in the novels without Spock's anime style "master plan".

I still preferred that over the 'Shatnerverse's' take on the MU!

Shatnerverse's take on the MU is BS, realistically speaking Mirror Kirk should had a bunch of illegitimate children running around before his demise, Prime Kirk may have been a rep for being a womanizer however all his interactions required consent, the same can't be said about his Terran counterpart, consent doesn't seem to exist within the mirror universe, Red Shirt Sulu almost had his way with Prime Uhura, if Prime Kirk didn't intervene who knows how badly that could have gone.
  • darkwing228darkwing228 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I would say you're missing probably the most obvious one, I mean half of these you put wouldn't even be alive at the time the game is set.

One we do know is alive though and who was very high up at least at the end of DS9 is a certain Julian Bashier who has already done voice work in the game.

I would say 'Smiley' O'Brian too, but he was apparently assassinated by his daughter according to a mission that has since been scrapped, not sure if they're keeping the same timeline as that.
    edited September 2021
    I Imagine the Terran Emperor just sitting on his throne petting his lap Caitian like Doctor Claw, Terrans conquer planets and enslave alien races right? so I figured Terrans would treat a race of humanoid cats like regular earth cats.
  • darkwing228darkwing228 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Possibly.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    Probably doing way more than petting - Humans do have a fascination with the exotic, after all.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    William Shatner would be quite expensive to do VO work

That's the least of their problems when it comes to Shatner, according to Kael years ago he got pissed off at Cryptic over something that happened on Twitter, blocked the official STO Twitter account, and refused to ever talk to them in the future.
    That's the least of their problems when it comes to Shatner, according to Kael years ago he got pissed off at Cryptic over something that happened on Twitter, blocked the official STO Twitter account, and refused to ever talk to them in the future.
    Ohh god this is so old, it was like the very first community manager STO had.

O6ZXB9s.jpg

Personally, I don't care. Shatner's ego is too massive for the game. He's an overrated, arrogant, bore and the game loses nothing by not having him in it.

It would never work anyway - our character is supposed to be the hero of the story and there is no way on god's earth Shatner would tolerate a story where the universe doesn't revolve around Kirk.

Makes him the perfect ego for a Terran emperor.
    My bet is Tilly changed genders to either male or yet to be determined. It would explain the terran focus on exotic research from the prime universe.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    plot twist, ITS YOU
  • vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    ah someone thought of it before me :D
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    William Shatner would be quite expensive to do VO work

Ohh god this is so old, it was like the very first community manager STO had.

O6ZXB9s.jpg

Personally, I don't care. Shatner's ego is too massive for the game. He's an overrated, arrogant, bore and the game loses nothing by not having him in it.

It would never work anyway - our character is supposed to be the hero of the story and there is no way on god's earth Shatner would tolerate a story where the universe doesn't revolve around Kirk.

Makes him the perfect ego for a Terran emperor.
    My bet is Tilly changed genders to either male or yet to be determined. It would explain the terran focus on exotic research from the prime universe.

(/me suffers disturbing mental image of futa-Tilly with a massive TRIBBLE)

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    vanhyo wrote: »
    plot twist, ITS YOU

I would find that eminently disturbing. :p
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    plot twist, ITS YOU

Might be revealed as the next Terran Emperor after we kill the current Emperor.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    plot twist, ITS YOU
    No, not your character - YOU. You, the player, are the Terran Emperor.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    What if the Emperor turned out to be Herbert West? (Think about it.)
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    BTW what counts as terran, we know mirror humans are terrans, but what about terran cyborgs, terran augments and terran clones?

Mirror Data?
    Spock.jpg

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    well, it has to be a human, so that eliminates a trill or vulcan or any other alien. My money is on Rios Raffi or Seven.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Probably doing way more than petting - Humans do have a fascination with the exotic, after all.​​

It would fit my character. My main had a species breeding program. I mated all the species to make new stuff....
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I'm just hoping not for a Disco character. Anything but that.

Mirror Dr. Gillian Taylor. Mirror Rain Robinson. Mirror Joan Collins, but something other than Disco.

Ooh, Edith Keeler would be fun ;-)
    but we have to remember that the current emperor is a human male.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    If not for the need for it to be voiced, I'd say the player is the Emperor - that would make the best twist from a gameplay and story perspective.

Also, how entertaining would it be to have to fight your own ship in-game or fight yourself on ground using all your existing powers, traits, kit modules, weapons, and skills.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    If not for the need for it to be voiced, I'd say the player is the Emperor - that would make the best twist from a gameplay and story perspective.
    A "twist"?

That's like, literally the standard when it comes to evil/mirror/bad timeline universe stories.

"In this issue/episode/arc, the hero(es) must fight their greatest enemy of all: themselves!"

In fact, players considered it a funny twist that the über-badass DSC Fed's Mirror counterpart simply got killed by Killy with a spoon, before they retconned this in the lamest way by saying Killy lied (for no real reason while also ignoring the boasting of the Mirror DSC tutorial officers).
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    The best twist is the last one you'd ever expect - that's why I say it's going to be Wesley.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • enigmachad#4351 enigmachad Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    did i say Georgeou before? maybe it'll be Spot.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User

Also, how entertaining would it be to have to fight your own ship in-game or fight yourself on ground using all your existing powers, traits, kit modules, weapons, and skills.

they did that is star Fleet Command 2 I think it was
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    A "twist"?

That's like, literally the standard when it comes to evil/mirror/bad timeline universe stories.

"In this issue/episode/arc, the hero(es) must fight their greatest enemy of all: themselves!"

In fact, players considered it a funny twist that the über-badass DSC Fed's Mirror counterpart simply got killed by Killy with a spoon, before they retconned this in the lamest way by saying Killy lied (for no real reason while also ignoring the boasting of the Mirror DSC tutorial officers).

What if she did kill them, or at least one of them was a transporter duplicate or a clone send in their place, imagine your DSC Terran counterpart being stranded on another planet while another version of them died by Killy's hand, bidding their time until mirror Daniels recruited them.
This discussion has been closed.