test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hair missing from major characters in game and some players

Hi, leeta, lorca, kim, seven of nine and others are missing their hair ingame, in cut scenes etc.
I have no other issues and did the verify on the patcher but the issue remains.
running amd 6700xt (Driver 21.8.2)

Comments

• xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    here are some screenshots of leeta as a boff with no hair
    https://flic.kr/p/2mtuVHR
    and leeta in a cut scene
    https://flic.kr/p/2mtw5SH
    it happes with other toons and also sphere buiders tousers have a tendancy to be invisible also ??!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Have you tried tinkering with your graphivs maybe you might have them set too high, I know people have graphics issues with lighting 2.0 and turning that off resolves issues. Things ,ay not look as good as they did though, but see if turning lighting 2.0 has any effect.
    good call. I just changed the mxaa 8x to fxaa, and that fixed it. Bit of shame as mxaa 8x is a better graphical setting.
    Its odd though that this issue has onyl affected me thise week...my graphical settings nad hardware have been unchanged for at least 6 months.
    I think they broke something
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    good call. I just changed the mxaa 8x to fxaa, and that fixed it. Bit of shame as mxaa 8x is a better graphical setting.
    Its odd though that this issue has onyl affected me thise week...my graphical settings nad hardware have been unchanged for at least 6 months.

Mayne a force verify is in order too, maybe a few diles have either corrupted or are on the beginning to get a bit iffy.
  • skolesarskolesar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It's definitely a bug related to MXAA, though switching to FXAA is an effective workaround. Verified the install, issue persists.
    eazzie wrote: »

Mayne a force verify is in order too, maybe a few diles have either corrupted or are on the beginning to get a bit iffy.

Force verify had no impact....as my graphical settings have been the same for a year, i suspect something got broken by the devs. Which is why switching to fxaa was the only soloution ..which is shame as it is an inferior method of antialiasing
  • epicensignepicensign Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    A tad late, but I had the same issue on a 6700 XT as well. I found that updating to the latest drivers (21.10.1) and reinstalling STO resolved the issue.