test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ten Forward Weekly 9/22/21: T6 Steamrunner

faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User
From reddit:
  • Will ask about more endeavor perk points
  • Kael doesn't know if there will be unique dialog for DSC characters for the Terran arc(given what Killy supposedly did to the Mirror DSC characters) Its up to the writer Paul who usually thinks about that stuff
  • Will check on Terran weapons in the mirror pack being unable to be upgraded
  • New ship: T6 Steamrunner
  • Designed by EC Henry
  • Called the Appalachia class
  • Trait: When activating a torpedo or mine BOFF ability gain large shield/hull penetration bonus
  • Kael Doesn't think the Tholians will make an appearance this arc
  • No new Federation ship interior for the ship
  • Steamrunner comes out October 1st
  • Captain upgrade token, and other new things, weren't for dil because making money to keep making the game is a higher priority then the dil market
  • Need to get more time on Jeremy's schedule to put more things into the Phoenix Box to help the dil economy
  • Something like a dil based ship rental system is a good idea, but may cost too much programmer time to implement for it to be worth it. Possibly wouldn't be on the table until 2022 or 2023
  • Canon model of the Steamrunner has been revamped also
  • Ship can be bought by itself, or part of a Steamrunner ship-of-the-line pack
  • Pack includes: T1, T5, and T6, Steamrunner ships, 2 experimental ship upgrade tokens, 1 T5-U ship upgrade token
  • Donny did the canon Steamrunner update
  • Has a new Steamrunner material
  • Added all the "legendary" materials like Defiant, Galaxy, Intrepid, and Sovereign
  • Thomas doesn't know why changing parts also changes materials around. Its a software issue he wants to get fixed, but isn't a high priority since its easy to change materials back
  • Updating the Mirror ships was something Thomas decided to do. Got to use some of the UV tech developed for the D'deridex on the new ships to add more customization to the ships
  • Steamrunner shuttlebay has lights on it modeled after aircraft carrier lights signaling if its ok to land or not
  • EC Henry is working on another ship that will be out in not too long
  • Ship console: tricobolt tear launcher
  • Ship console an homage to Star Trek Armada. In that game the Steamrunner was an artillery ship with a big AOE tricobolt device
  • Mirror Gagarin console based off of an old DC comic Federation weapon that shot big protomatter crescent waves
  • Kael and Thomas joke about all the war crime weapons the players use. Its more of a gameplay thing then a canon thing
  • Experimental weapon: drill spike
  • When used you can see a drill flare/sparks on the hull of enemy ships
  • Opening ships to all factions was to make it easier to justify making Klingon/Romulan ships
  • Something like 75% of players are Fed captain
  • No plans for a Heista model update right now
  • No information on a Halloween event... sarcastic response about not understanding where people are getting the idea from
  • Team is tracking the joystick issue
  • New class is named after the Steamrunner USS Appalachia from First Contact
  • Thomas would love to do Whale Probe stuff
  • No plans to do the Antares variant of the Miranda from DS9 due to how obscure/background it was, it doesn't look great
  • If Thomas was going to do another Miranda he would want to do the original Miranda design, which is upside down from what we got. Nacelles on top, and two torpedo pods instead of a roll bar
  • Kael is already asking Jeremy about how OP the new console is
  • Thomas wishes there were more modular ships like the Miranda with lots of mission pods etc that could be changed around
  • Thomas thinks that if we ever see a T6 Pioneer there would have to be a reason to do it besides stuff from DSC, LD, PIC, etc. Its not high on the list compared to everything else
  • Normal ship price is 3,000 zen, ship of the line bundle is 5,000 zen
  • Ship is already fleet grade
  • Kael teased something might be coming back around the time the ship comes out(possibly the vanity shield dil event)
  • Vesta is more difficult to do overhauls for because they dont own the rights, they rent them. Though Cryptic paid for the rights, and it may be coming up
  • Playable Terrans unlikely due to work needed for a new faction, and most people don't actually want to play the badguys
  • Don't know if they will get O'brien in STO. Kael jokes about the writers not being sadistic enough for an O'brien mission
  • If they made a new Breen vanity shield(the Dielectric Oscillation shield) they just just make a new item rather then simply changing the current one for those who like the way it looks
  • Kael wishes there were Kelpians in the game. They weren't done before because CBS shared with Cryptic a plot point that would make it impossible, but then later didn't do it, so while Kelpians are possible its not something really on the schedule since the content have moved past it
  • Donny did the LCARs for the new mission
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Thanks for posting! I don't Reddit and I don't Tweet... So thank you sincerely!

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    "Captain upgrade token, and other new things, weren't for dil because making money to keep making the game is a higher priority then the dil market"

are they struggling for cash? would make sense with all the hardcore monetizing going on. Bad sign for game longevity?

"If Thomas was going to do another Miranda he would want to do the original Miranda design, which is upside down from what we got. Nacelles on top, and two torpedo pods instead of a roll bar"

For those curious about that design:
    Snxb6eq.jpg

"Vesta is more difficult to do overhauls for because they don't own the rights, they rent them. Though Cryptic paid for the rights, and it may be coming up"

If they lose the rights, would that mean the ships would need to be removed from the game?
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    "Captain upgrade token, and other new things, weren't for dil because making money to keep making the game is a higher priority then the dil market"

are they struggling for cash? would make sense with all the hardcore monetizing going on. Bad sign for game longevity?

Yeah, I found that quote kind of strange too. If all of their gamble boxes and mega packs, plus the regular old "normal" C store ships aren't paying the bills something is very wrong here.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    "Vesta is more difficult to do overhauls for because they don't own the rights, they rent them. Though Cryptic paid for the rights, and it may be coming up"

If they lose the rights, would that mean the ships would need to be removed from the game?

No. They just can't make new variants until they do. The Luna being canon now negates that argument since it started out in a similar boat being only from a book. The Vesta is still only in books so they do have to negotiate.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I'm confused, wasn't there already a thread about this posted by Som?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User

I think due to the snipping that was going on between two parties the entire thread got nuked
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »

I think due to the snipping that was going on between two parties the entire thread got nuked

Gotcha, I hadn't really been following the thread I just had noticed it was there.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    If the trico console is an homage to star trek armada, does that mean we'll be seeing more armada related content soon?
    <Crosses fingers>
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    I, and the list I made, certainly hope so - the more stuff that arrives replicating Armada special weapons, the better.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    or his grade school level of streaming with such quotes as 'we know its really dark, and im not moving maps, because when you take things athat are naturally very dark, and shine more light on them, it doesnt make them show up better' (when showing off a new ship) when that the exact opposite of how light works
    Especially since STO isn't the best game when it comes to handling lighting. You can easily see it by using a weapon in a dark area and then a bright area and seeing the intensity of the weapon shots being affected when they shouldn't.
    I have the new multibarrel pistol and in the new episode, the supposedly orange phaser beams nearly become a dimmed red and on my overly lit Hur'q bridge, it's almost a bright orange-ish yellow.

And there is of course the shadows on ships that keep changing depending on the angle of the camera and the ship, not just the ship itself.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    I, and the list I made, certainly hope so - the more stuff that arrives replicating Armada special weapons, the better.​​

Well... we do have something similar to the Chain Reaction Pulser already, but its mounted on the Negh'Var.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Something like a dil based ship rental system is a good idea, but may cost too much programmer time to implement for it to be worth it. Possibly wouldn't be on the table until 2022 or 2023

I hope we won't go there. One of the great things about this game is that, once you unlock something, it's yours forever (unless you delete it yourself, in some cases).

Just increase the dilithium price for ships if that's required to make it viable and permanent. No rental please.
    Something like a dil based ship rental system is a good idea, but may cost too much programmer time to implement for it to be worth it. Possibly wouldn't be on the table until 2022 or 2023

Good to know they're considering adding more stuff to the PB. Even if it weren't necessary for the dilex. The PB was a great addition to the game, keeping it updated is a good cause in itself.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Has a new Steamrunner material
    Added all the "legendary" materials like Defiant, Galaxy, Intrepid, and Sovereign

At some point I really hope they'll make all ship materials work on all ships (provided the player has unlocked them of course).
    Vesta is more difficult to do overhauls for because they dont own the rights, they rent them. Though Cryptic paid for the rights, and it may be coming up

I was afraid of this. Still, if they can do it, I hope they will. The Vesta material especially could use an update - the related pattern is great, the light bluish hue of the material itself no so much.
    Thomas wishes there were more modular ships like the Miranda with lots of mission pods etc that could be changed around

Agreed with this. Would be nice to have.

It could also help explain why we can replace our entire shield grid, torpedo launchers or deflector dish in mere seconds. ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Looking at the wiki.. how is it possible that the Norway was not in either star trek armada one or two.

Looking at it, i used to play the fleet operations mod for A2 quite often in those days which heavily featured the Norway so perhaps i remembered the Norway being in A1/A2 incorrectly.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    The Norway wasn't in the official Armada game. Fleet Ops did include the ship indeed.

I think another problem with the Norway is the same problem that came from the lack of the Norway after First Contact. The digital model was corrupted and pretty much lost. Every interpretation of the Norway has been reconstructions, and all of them have had different details from each other. Main thing that stayed the same was the overall configuration of the hull and some weapon placement. Size and location of Deflector and other details have varied. Just compare the Norway from Dominion Wars to the Norway from SFC3. Model quality aside, there's other differences as well.
    I suppose those who purchased the T1-5 blockade runner pack (among whom myself) won't be fortunate enough to receive a massive discount when the new pack arrives on October 1st.
    questerius wrote: »
    I suppose those who purchased the T1-5 blockade runner pack (among whom myself) won't be fortunate enough to receive a massive discount when the new pack arrives on October 1st.

Probably not. But as the ship is also gonna be sold separately... I suppose that will be about as close to a discount as we can get. I got the old Steam pack years ago so I got the T1 and T5 already. And considering the new release discount... probably worth picking up solo.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Thanks fax machine for the copy paste but there was already a thread about this:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13691712
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    But if you haven't noticed, he got hit with the shadowbanhammer, so no one who doesn't already know the thread is there can see it anymore.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.