test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why I can't see any offer to buy Zen in exchange?

gasparulisesgasparulises Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Why I can not see any offer to buy Zen?

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Because there is a backlog on Zen due to the price being maxed out. Been this way (off and on) for a month or more. The Devs claim they are working on ways to bring the price down, and they did try one thing that briefly brought it down to 499-ish Dil per Zen, but it quickly went back up.

Patience is the key.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • gasparulisesgasparulises Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    The problem is the developer not want to help the game in other game happend the same doe example in EVE and the help to lower the price and put the game in right track as remember. I hope they react ASAP.

Thank you
    Thats no the problem. is contnue like these the game wil crash and going to loose everuthing, We the help of the STO develooer ASAP.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Thats no the problem. is contnue like these the game wil crash and going to loose everuthing, We the help of the STO develooer ASAP.

No
    Well, hope the problem be fix ASAP.

Thank you
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    The exchange is working, you basically just have to make an offer and wait in line for people to sell enough Zen to meet the requirements of people who made offers before you.

I put a small zen buy offer up earlier today and it went through. There is more demand for Zen then there is supply. When people sell Zen for Dil, the offer goes through instantly. When people put up offers to buy Zen for Dil, they'll have to wait a bit. This is the reverse of how things would normally be if you tried to buy or sell Zen, normally the Zen sellers have to wait for people to buy their Zen. You can actually see the transactions happening if you switch to the Sell Zen tab and watch it for a while. (How long it may take for the numbers to change may vary depending on the time of day.)

Devs are working on additional Dil sinks to try and balance out the Dil/Zen exchange, and will be introducing them gradually, so they can monitor the effectiveness of each one. We don't know what form those Dil sinks will take, but the account bound Vanity Shields for Dil one they tried out worked for a bit, until the Zen store sale when demand for Zen spiked again.
  • fihillfihill Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    i bought zen earlier today and it went through... now it's ignoring me... they really need to fix this
  • chrisccw315#4958 chrisccw315 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    fihill wrote: »
    i bought zen earlier today and it went through... now it's ignoring me... they really need to fix this

There is still zen available for sale? I never saw a single digit once...
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    The dil/zen exchange is flooded with dil so people who want zen have to wait. Normally it was the other way around and people trading zen for dil, at the current rate, had to wait.

At the time I'm making this post, there are around 270 thousand zen worth of dil offers queued up waiting for people to trade zen for dil. Which is down quite a bit since the last time I checked and there was like 500 thousand zen worth of offers waiting. (270k zen would be around 135 million dilithium offered on the exchange if my math is right.)

And they are working on things to try and balance out the exchange, but they'll take some time to make and we won't know how effective their measures will be until after they've been implemented.

Edit: And by wait I mean you put up your offer and go do other stuff and check on it some time later. Could happen in minutes or hours, or it might take days, depending on how many people are ahead of you in line and how much people buy zen to trade for dil.