test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ten Forward Weekly 9/22/21: T6 Steamrunner

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
  • Will ask about more endeavor perk points
  • Kael doesn't know if there will be unique dialog for DSC characters for the Terran arc(given what Killy supposedly did to the Mirror DSC characters) Its up to the writer Paul who usually thinks about that stuff
  • Will check on Terran weapons in the mirror pack being unable to be upgraded
  • New ship: T6 Steamrunner
  • Designed by EC Henry
  • Called the Appalachia class
  • Trait: When activating a torpedo or mine BOFF ability gain large shield/hull penetration bonus
  • Kael Doesn't think the Tholians will make an appearance this arc
  • No new Federation ship interior for the ship
  • Steamrunner comes out October 1st
  • Captain upgrade token, and other new things, weren't for dil because making money to keep making the game is a higher priority then the dil market
  • Need to get more time on Jeremy's schedule to put more things into the Phoenix Box to help the dil economy
  • Something like a dil based ship rental system is a good idea, but may cost too much programmer time to implement for it to be worth it. Possibly wouldn't be on the table until 2022 or 2023
  • Canon model of the Steamrunner has been revamped also
  • Ship can be bought by itself, or part of a Steamrunner ship-of-the-line pack
  • Pack includes: T1, T5, and T6, Steamrunner ships, 2 experimental ship upgrade tokens, 1 T5-U ship upgrade token
  • Donny did the canon Steamrunner update
  • Has a new Steamrunner material
  • Added all the "legendary" materials like Defiant, Galaxy, Intrepid, and Sovereign
  • Thomas doesn't know why changing parts also changes materials around. Its a software issue he wants to get fixed, but isn't a high priority since its easy to change materials back
  • Updating the Mirror ships was something Thomas decided to do. Got to use some of the UV tech developed for the D'deridex on the new ships to add more customization to the ships
  • Steamrunner shuttlebay has lights on it modeled after aircraft carrier lights signaling if its ok to land or not
  • EC Henry is working on another ship that will be out in not too long
  • Ship console: tricobolt tear launcher
  • Ship console an homage to Star Trek Armada. In that game the Steamrunner was an artillery ship with a big AOE tricobolt device
  • Mirror Gagarin console based off of an old DC comic Federation weapon that shot big protomatter crescent waves
  • Kael and Thomas joke about all the war crime weapons the players use. Its more of a gameplay thing then a canon thing
  • Experimental weapon: drill spike
  • When used you can see a drill flare/sparks on the hull of enemy ships
  • Opening ships to all factions was to make it easier to justify making Klingon/Romulan ships
  • Something like 75% of players are Fed captain
  • No plans for a Heista model update right now
  • No information on a Halloween event... sarcastic response about not understanding where people are getting the idea from
  • Team is tracking the joystick issue
  • New class is named after the Steamrunner USS Appalachia from First Contact
  • Thomas would love to do Whale Probe stuff
  • No plans to do the Antares variant of the Miranda from DS9 due to how obscure/background it was, it doesn't look great
  • If Thomas was going to do another Miranda he would want to do the original Miranda design, which is upside down from what we got. Nacelles on top, and two torpedo pods instead of a roll bar
  • Kael is already asking Jeremy about how OP the new console is
  • Thomas wishes there were more modular ships like the Miranda with lots of mission pods etc that could be changed around
  • Thomas thinks that if we ever see a T6 Pioneer there would have to be a reason to do it besides stuff from DSC, LD, PIC, etc. Its not high on the list compared to everything else
  • Normal ship price is 3,000 zen, ship of the line bundle is 5,000 zen
  • Ship is already fleet grade
  • Kael teased something might be coming back around the time the ship comes out(possibly the vanity shield dil event)
  • Vesta is more difficult to do overhauls for because they dont own the rights, they rent them. Though Cryptic paid for the rights, and it may be coming up
  • Playable Terrans unlikely due to work needed for a new faction, and most people don't actually want to play the badguys
  • Don't know if they will get O'brien in STO. Kael jokes about the writers not being sadistic enough for an O'brien mission
  • If they made a new Breen vanity shield(the Dielectric Oscillation shield) they just just make a new item rather then simply changing the current one for those who like the way it looks
  • Kael wishes there were Kelpians in the game. They weren't done before because CBS shared with Cryptic a plot point that would make it impossible, but then later didn't do it, so while Kelpians are possible its not something really on the schedule since the content have moved past it
  • Donny did the LCARs for the new mission

Comments

• qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Thanks again for the write-up. Shame about the dil economy not being a higher priority. But Kael did say it was a priority for the year and there were at least 1 or 2 things in the works. Also it is nice to get more normal c-store ships...

Just waiting on the Nova, still. Personally I’d like that Hermes too. But the steam runner is enough ship for me today.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Thanks for giving us the summary. I don't have the patience to listen to streams :)

> Ship is already fleet grade

That's always a nice feature in a C-Store ship for the players who don't want to join a fleet, or are in one with a low-level starbase.

> Experimental weapon: drill spike
    > When used you can see a drill flare/sparks on the hull of enemy ships

I'm looking forward to seeing this. The lightning bolt standard weapon messes up the Space Barbie on most of my ships.

Some people buy a ship just for a trait, I'd consider this just for the experimental weapon.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    post redacted - rattler
    Post edited by rattler2 on
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited September 2021
    post redacted - rattler
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    "Irregardless" isn't a word.

I'd like to agree, but: "Irregardless is a word sometimes used in place of regardless or irrespective, which has caused controversy since the early twentieth century, though the word appeared in print as early as 1795." -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

After 226 years it's time to give up on that one. For all intensive porpoises it's a lost battle, a mute point. :)

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Also I would appreciate it if you guys would keep things casual, and discuss the content that was revealed in the livestream and not nitpick over details to draw conclusions regarding... whatever. Especially in a negative light. And please don't start sniping at each other either...

That being said... As I already have the T1 and T5 Steamrunners... I'd probably be more inclined to get the T6 stand alone rather than in the pack. Also the idea of revisiting the Whale Probe is interesting. Seeing as how its still out there somewhere... would be interesting to learn more about it and its origins.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    I'd like to agree, but: "Irregardless is a word sometimes used in place of regardless or irrespective, which has caused controversy since the early twentieth century...
    My mom is a school teacher who first worked in the 1950's. According to her both you and the the wikipedia are wrong and Sea is the only one who gets a passing grade.
    edited September 2021
    post section redacted - rattler

I'd like to agree, but: "Irregardless is a word sometimes used in place of regardless or irrespective, which has caused controversy since the early twentieth century, though the word appeared in print as early as 1795." -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

After 226 years it's time to give up on that one. For all intensive porpoises it's a lost battle, a mute point. :)

Irregardless is used widely, but still considered gramatically incorrect. Still, it's considered a real word so if someone wants to use it, fine.. it's the internet, we all know anything goes here. :smile:
    Just for the record... I'm not defending anyone when I ask people not to snipe at each other. I've noticed that when certain individuals get going... it tends to snowball. So I'm just stepping in before it does in hopes that it won't snowball.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Just for the record... I'm not defending anyone when I ask people not to snipe at each other. I've noticed that when certain individuals get going... it tends to snowball. So I'm just stepping in before it does in hopes that it won't snowball.

Consider it dropped.
    Som, did anybody ask when they were going to fix the loading screen? It's still seems to be broken. Thanks for taking the time to post your summary.
    Guys...
    About the broken loading screen... any mention of a fix date on the livestream?
    edited September 2021
    [Edit] - Not worth it.
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    edited September 2021
    post redacted - rattler
This discussion has been closed.