test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What does everyone think about strange new worlds; We got alot from Paramount & hits to easter eggs

nitewingnycnitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is an upcoming American television series created by Akiva Goldsman, Alex Kurtzman, and Jenny Lumet for the streaming service Paramount+.
A spin-off from Star Trek: Discovery and a prequel to Star Trek: We expect to see captain JoJo make an appearance or possibly be a permanent addition to the story. As she was sent back in time to change the mirror universe as was inferred during season 3 of Star Trek Discovery. As we were teased during and after Star Trek Day By Paramount Plus. We may have or have flown ships from Star trek strange new worlds in-game. With the mirror Gagarin warship free equal and opposite event & the Mirror skins in-game. I spoke about it a bit in a video I put out while explaining a basic beam guide Free to play; But I really want to oknow what you all think?

Answers

• Options
    dacia#9992 dacia Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I want to be optimistic about it, but the reality is that every project that Alex Kurtzman has been involved in has been overproduced garbage. This will probably be no different.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Anson Mount was amazing as Pike, and bringing back more of the episodic style of show would be interesting. It does feel like it will have continuity with itself rather than literally just one off episodes, but still... looking forward to seeing more Captain Pike. And honestly, if they allow it, Strange New Worlds is the best option to bring back Prime Captain Lorca, as Jason Issacs has expressed interest in coming back somehow.
    dacia#9992 wrote: »
    ...but the reality is that every project that Alex Kurtzman has been involved in has been overproduced garbage.

Apparently he was Exec Producer of Transformers Prime. Far as I know that show did pretty well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Anson Mount was amazing as Pike, and bringing back more of the episodic style of show would be interesting. It does feel like it will have continuity with itself rather than literally just one off episodes, but still... looking forward to seeing more Captain Pike. And honestly, if they allow it, Strange New Worlds is the best option to bring back Prime Captain Lorca, as Jason Issacs has expressed interest in coming back somehow.
    dacia#9992 wrote: »
    ...but the reality is that every project that Alex Kurtzman has been involved in has been overproduced garbage.

Apparently he was Exec Producer of Transformers Prime. Far as I know that show did pretty well.

Transformers seems to be in Kurtzman's wheelhouse far more than anything Star Trek.

The success of Strange New Worlds will likely depend more on how effectively Goldsman can keep Kurzman out of the show's creative side rather than anything Kurtzman could possibly contribute to it. Kurtzman has said a number of times he does not "get" TOS at all, that it is "too cerebral", and that lack of understanding of the TOS era unfortunately showed all too much in DSC.