test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is the Terran Emperor? (Spoilers)

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Won't be our avatar, as we walk in during the final cutscene at the end of the new episode not as the emperor (the thread is tagged as a spoiler thread, so I feel safe saying that...)

The gloved hand in the image they now use at the forum header (just to the left of Leeta and the blonde sci) looks like it could belong to Luke Skywalker, but I know that ain't happening (even though his VO cost cannot be that significant... He voices literally everything).

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    B'vat was a missed opportunity as well.

B'Vat and his opportunities have been removed from the game for 3 years now, so yea, he's pretty missed.
  • stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Emperor Barclay? He's a screwup in the main universe. Maybe's he's really dangerous in the mirror universe?

Alternatively, the Emperor might not be human but good at pretending to be human. Trelaine from TOS? It would be a cool gag.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    What about Harry Mudd?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    Yeah...they never did elaborate on what 'god-like powers' were - premonition and precognition are both generally considered god-like, and a man with access to a time crystal would have both.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Mirror Boimler

Boimler's double who replaced him on the Titan :smiley:
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Yeah...they never did elaborate on what 'god-like powers' were - premonition and precognition are both generally considered god-like, and a man with access to a time crystal would have both.​​
    The old lockbox DOFf missions suggest the Emperor's powers are the ability to appear out of nowhere, and destroy his enemies before they have time to respond.

Mirror Daniel. He's the mirror universes time brigade. But they are corrupt. Or just plane daniel and it's all a lie.
    Yeah...they never did elaborate on what 'god-like powers' were - premonition and precognition are both generally considered god-like, and a man with access to a time crystal would have both.
    The old lockbox DOFf missions suggest the Emperor's powers are the ability to appear out of nowhere, and destroy his enemies before they have time to respond.

So...like someone with future knowledge and access to a time crystal could do - Discovery wasn't a thing yet when those doff missions came out, but whatever plans Cryptic had at the time were likely the barest wisps of anything concrete, so they could well decide they wanted to make it Mudd...or even if not Mudd, it could still be someone using a time crystal.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Given that the Mirror Universe is in the same time period as the Prime Universe, it cannot be Kirk or Zephram Cochrane. As they are very much dead at this point, just from old age. Unless the MU found a way to extend human life by 150+ years, which I don't think there is any indication that they have.

gQytlm7.jpg
    edited September 2021
    Well, obviously they have in Prime, as McCoy was still alive in the 2360s, and he was already fairly old in the 2260s.

But I expect that Terran medical sciences might be a tad...behind the Federation's - then again, with no ethical concerns holding them back, maybe it's on par or more advanced, despite not being a focus the way military sciences would be.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    I changed my mind. I think the Emperor will be revealed to be Akira Sulu! All his enemies are to this day still asking "Where's Sulu?!" before he appears before them using his Undine magic powers to violently murder them!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    BTW what counts as terran, we know mirror humans are terrans, but what about terran cyborgs, terran augments and terran clones?
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    > @livinlifejb90#4082 said:
    > Given that the Mirror Universe is in the same time period as the Prime Universe, it cannot be Kirk or Zephram Cochrane. As they are very much dead at this point, just from old age.

People time travel in the Prime U, so who says the Emperor can't be from the past or future?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I've already guessed Riker!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    I confess - it's me. I was bored one day and started reading the Necronomicon while watching old DS9 episodes, one thing led to another, and, well...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Alright, I might be setting myself up for disappointment and it's OK if that's what ends up happening, but after realizing a possibly coincidental aligning of two releases I've managed to convince myself that Picard will be the Emperor.

Yes, it's true that Patrick Stewart will not be cheap, but I think CBS would be willing to help with that if his appearance could be used as marketing for Picard season 2, and season 2 starts airing in February which is the only predictable time for a STO content drop because of the anniversary event.

Like I said I could just be setting myself up for disappointment, but if Picard WERE to ever appear in the game this would be the best opportunity for it to happen.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Alright, I might be setting myself up for disappointment and it's OK if that's what ends up happening, but after realizing a possibly coincidental aligning of two releases I've managed to convince myself that Picard will be the Emperor.

Yes, it's true that Patrick Stewart will not be cheap, but I think CBS would be willing to help with that if his appearance could be used as marketing for Picard season 2, and season 2 starts airing in February which is the only predictable time for a STO content drop because of the anniversary event.

Like I said I could just be setting myself up for disappointment, but if Picard WERE to ever appear in the game this would be the best opportunity for it to happen.

That would definitely be awesome. Also, I'm sure he would record dialogue not just for the mirror version but also for other stuff they would do in the future with the prime version, or possibly also replace existing "nobody" NPCs with Picard. Pretty sure they already have a "Picard stand-in" NPC in the Dyson sphere missions just waiting to be replaced if they ever got Stewart to do VO.

But yeah, I agree it's not likely.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • flintl0ck33flintl0ck33 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    My money would be on Mirror Laforge. His Character model is already in game and woudnt need much tweaking. As an engineer he would be tech savvy. And he has worked with the lunar in the prime universe. The actor has also done VO work on STO.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    My money would be on Mirror Laforge. His Character model is already in game and woudnt need much tweaking. As an engineer he would be tech savvy. And he has worked with the lunar in the prime universe. The actor has also done VO work on STO.

I would be disappointed. I never liked Geordie that much.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    It seems very likely that will finally find out who the Terran Emperor is.

All we know for certain is, its a male, he's a Terran, and he has become obsessed with some technology.

Some likely contenders have been suggested:

Wesley Crusher
    Jean Luc Picard
    Mirror Lorca
    Garth of Izar
    Kirk
    Prime Lorca
    Zephram Cochrane
    some new character
    disguised Gul Dukat
    2 tellarites in a trenchcoat
    Daniels

so who do you think it is, who do you want it to be?

Similar discussion going on Reddit. For sure NONE of those you listed will be there except perhaps Lorca. Reason: Money and Voice over contracts.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    who it is? do NOT click if you don't wanna know
    you

That individual is only a Rear Admiral, so I doubt that's the Terran emperor considering Mirror Quinn should out rank them.

In my playthrough they had full fleet admiral pips. I assumed they matched the player's rank.

Isn't that just a reference to the Tantalus field in the original Mirror, Mirror?

Edit: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Assignment:_Build_Dossier_about_the_Mirror_Emperor

Might not be, but then again... he might just be building up his mystique with tales of "god-like powers" to obfuscate the Tantalus field's existence.

All we know for certain is, its a male, he's a Terran, and he has become obsessed with some technology.

Wesley Crusher
    Jean Luc Picard
    Mirror Lorca
    Garth of Izar
    Kirk
    Prime Lorca
    Zephram Cochrane
    some new character
    disguised Gul Dukat
    Daniels

Similar discussion going on Reddit. For sure NONE of those you listed will be there except perhaps Lorca. Reason: Money and Voice over contracts.

I already commented on that Reddit post, I still think Mirror Riker is a possibility.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Bashir is the best candidate I've heard so far.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited September 2021

Wesley Crusher
    Jean Luc Picard
    Mirror Lorca
    Garth of Izar
    Kirk
    Prime Lorca
    Zephram Cochrane
    some new character
    disguised Gul Dukat
    Daniels

Daniels would be interesting from a story standpoint. Especially if there was no difference between normal and mirror daniels. Does the time stream already count the other dimensions? He's either infaltrating it to maintain the timestream. Or he's really the emporer doing the opposite in our universe to keep his power. Or, more interestingly, both!

Plus it would explain why seeing him gives me an overwhemingling powerful urge to punch him in the face. 8p
    felderburg wrote: »
    who it is? do NOT click if you don't wanna know
    you

That individual is only a Rear Admiral, so I doubt that's the Terran emperor considering Mirror Quinn should out rank them.

In my playthrough they had full fleet admiral pips. I assumed they matched the player's rank.

Isn't that just a reference to the Tantalus field in the original Mirror, Mirror?

Edit: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Assignment:_Build_Dossier_about_the_Mirror_Emperor

Might not be, but then again... he might just be building up his mystique with tales of "god-like powers" to obfuscate the Tantalus field's existence.

There is one other person we killed who teleported around a lot. Aakar! Maybe it's his mirror version. Or our current one actually escaped.

Of course the overwhelmingly obvious candidate is quin. He teleported a lot. And we just beat him in a simulation with leela hinting she wants us to fight him. I'm going to guess it's quin. he's the head of current starfleet. Why would it be different in the mirror universe. That would make it very mirrory. It's also the most boring answer. 8)

Quin already looks like an evil supervillian in the normal universe. He's got emperor written all over him!

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Jorel_Quinn

I'm seeing this is stuff partially from a TV show I've never seen. So, who knows.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Gabriel_Lorca

And given the overly convluted soundig story of the, "two," lorca's. Probably one or both of them. Who knows.

Maybe we'll get an episode called, "My two Lorca's!" >>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Three_Sons

My three sons was even run on CBS at one point. I think the odds are good.

Or better yet: CBS's My three sons had actress Beverly Garland. In star trek she was hommaged with the character Megan Gallagher. So, I'm going to assume the emporer is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxls1KnKCA4

This would perfectly explain the mirror universes way of running things. And where boimler got his ideas from.

I bet Gallagher's voice work wouldn't be too expensive! ;p

To Emperor Gallagher every problem is a watermelon!! 8o
    Post edited by aftulus on
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    felderburg wrote: »
    The Tantalus field didn't allow Kirk to teleport around.
    A.) Possible that it's just propaganda - that way nobody starts wondering how he manages to crush his foes without even being present.

B.) He owns both a portable Tantalus Field and either a spatial trajector or an Iconian gate, secrets he hasn't shared with anybody who doesn't actually need to know.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    aftulus wrote: »
    Daniels would be interesting from a story standpoint. Especially if there was no difference between normal and mirror daniels. Does the time stream already count the other dimensions? He's either infaltrating it to maintain the timestream. Or he's really the emporer doing the opposite in our universe to keep his power. Or, more interestingly, both!

Plus it would explain why seeing him gives me an overwhemingling powerful urge to punch him in the face. 8p

IDK, Daniels always seemed like Star Trek equivalent to Phil Coulson, just something about his voice and mannerisms, might also be the hair.
This discussion has been closed.