What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is the Terran Emperor? (Spoilers)

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »
    who it is? do NOT click if you don't wanna know
    you
    Your solution doesn't work. The emperor is always referred to as he/him.

In this age of pronoun ambiguity and fluid genders, are you seriously advancing that as an objection?

Another point, regarding modern social issues: I have noticed that in this game the truly "evil" villains are male, while the female villains are intentionally are given some type of redeeming story arc to atone for whatever bad things they have done. I have also noticed that the villains you get to actually kill are male, while the female villains seem to survive. The reason the devs make these decisions are a different topic. But the point is, if this pattern holds then if the Terran Empire is going to be "truly" evil and we are actually going to kill him, then it will be a male character.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    you

That individual is only a Rear Admiral, so I doubt that's the Terran emperor considering Mirror Quinn should out rank them.

So that was actually THEIR uniform? I thought it was just an effect from my character, given that he was also wearing Rear Admiral pips.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    My guess for the Emperor is William Riker.
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    My guess is Mirror Bashir. He was almost hyper aggressive during his time in the Terran resistance, and he had a huge chip on his shoulder. I can easily see him becoming the emperor.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Another point, regarding modern social issues: I have noticed that in this game the truly "evil" villains are male, while the female villains are intentionally are given some type of redeeming story arc to atone for whatever bad things they have done. I have also noticed that the villains you get to actually kill are male, while the female villains seem to survive. The reason the devs make these decisions are a different topic. But the point is, if this pattern holds then if the Terran Empire is going to be "truly" evil and we are actually going to kill him, then it will be a male character.
    Obisek, M'Tara, and T'ket would disagree with this argument.

Obisek is a guy, started off as a villian, then turned good. M'Tara and T'ket are women, and are just pure evil with no redemption.

TBH, I don't think Obisek was ever presented as "evil". The Iconians are definitely closer, although they were also given an entire episode devoted to humanizing them and showing why they are doing what they are doing. So no, I'm not sure they were presented as "pure evil" as much as "blinded by revenge". But different people can see it different ways, for sure.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited September 2021

Obisek is a guy, started off as a villian, then turned good. M'Tara and T'ket are women, and are just pure evil with no redemption.

I wouldn't say that the Iconians were women, feminine yes, but they could have been hermaphrodites for all we know, we don't know much about other species reproductive organs, while yes this may come off as rude or perverted, however I'm actually curious about Star Trek alien biology, not asking for TRIBBLE are anything of that kind, however I wouldn't mind dissecting them.
  • madslater12madslater12 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Me

• kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Maybe Mirror Tom Hardy. He's not exactly breaking the box office these days, so he might be grateful to return as Baby Picard.
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    who it is?
    you
    lnblade wrote: »
    you
    Your solution doesn't work. The emperor is always referred to as he/him.

yeah it does
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    you

Yeah, OK, I played Firewall and saw that part at the end, but are we sure that was The Emperor?

I don't think that was the Emperor - why would the Emperor be wearing the uniform of a 2* Admiral (at least, that's the rank I saw).
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    In regards to mirror *me* the rank seemed to be a 5 star admiral based on the pips I saw, that said Mirwast is both female and alien (literally, she's an alien gen char) so she doesn't really fit the description of "male terran" and yes headcanon wise I consider her cis female

Honestly I doubt that was the Emperor more likely a they're the "voice" for the actual emperor, kind of like Darth Vader was for Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine in the first 2 Star Wars movies.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Mirror 7 of 9 would be 9 of 7 instead. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited September 2021
    steaen wrote: »
    you

Yeah, OK, I played Firewall and saw that part at the end, but are we sure that was The Emperor?

I don't think that was the Emperor - why would the Emperor be wearing the uniform of a 2* Admiral (at least, that's the rank I saw).

Yeah why would the Emperor be an mere underling of an alien
    Mirror Kuumaarke
    , also the Emperor is Terran, my spoiler
    isn't even human, I don't have any human characters, all of my toons would be subjugated by the Terran Empire
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited September 2021

I'm assuming if any such story aspects exist it had a starting point. I think the game had a different orientation originally. Or at least openly. And at some point that changed. Might have to look after certain story updates.
    valoreah wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Personally, I don't care. Shatner's ego is too massive for the game. He's an overrated, arrogant, bore and the game loses nothing by not having him in it.

It would never work anyway - our character is supposed to be the hero of the story and there is no way on god's earth Shatner would tolerate a story where the universe doesn't revolve around Kirk.

As a graduate of the Shatner Institute of Toupalogical Studies and an ordained Archbishop in the Church of Shatnerology, I find these remarks highly blasphemous.

I thought those statements were the foundation of both openly?
  • trekfangrrrl#6910 trekfangrrrl Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    aftulus wrote: »
    I'm assuming if any such story aspects exist it had a starting point. I think the game had a different orientation originally. Or at least openly. And at some point that changed. Might have to look after certain story updates.
    I don't think STO has ever had a particularly consistent gender based pattern in how they treated villains, from launch until now.
    • Taris is dead. No redemption.
    • Borg Queen got killed, multiple times. No redemption.
    • Excalbian Seven of Nine Borg Queen is dead. No redemption.
    • Ajur is dead. No redemption.
    • Krog is dead. No redemption.
    • T'Mara is dead. No redemption.
    • T'ket is still alive. No redemption.
    • Female Changeling is dead. No redemption.
    • Sela arguably never redeemed herself either. She still believes in the Imperial Romulan Way, that the Republic are terrorists, etc. etc. She just saved her own skin by bringing the Dominion into the Iconian War, and helped with the duplicate T'ane thing for better prison accommodations.
    Likewise
    • Obisek is still alive. Had redemption.
    • Noye is still alive. No redemption himself. You could argue his Excalbian duplicate got some form of redemption in Measure of Morality.
    • Hakeev is dead. No redemption.
    • B'vat is dead. No redemption.
    • Aakar is dead. No redemption.
    • J'mpok is dead. No redemption.
    • Gaul is dead. No redemption.
    • Boratus is dead. No redemption.
    • Sessen is dead. No redemption.
    The only real consistency is that most villains just die in STO, with no real redemption.

The only antagonists who got any sort of real redemption and switched sides are Obisek, J'ula, and Neth Parr. And J'ula is pretty much just the Klingon's version of the Romulans Obisek, but with a longer story arc. And who was actually less awful then Obisek was in the long run. You could arguably add Odo to this list given his false flag attack on Bajor via the Tzenkethi and Hur'q to get the Alliance into the Hur'q war, and his later help is ending it.

First, I just want to say thanks. When I saw your post my first thought was you furiously scouring the sto wiki to find all of those names and I literally laughed out loud for the first time today. You really do try so hard :D

Second, I've played this game for years, and have played every episode in it at least a few times. I literally had no idea who some of those people were and had to look them up. YMMV, but this game has had a very small number of actually memorable villains IMO. Note that I said "memorable", not necessarily "good"(quality). Anyway, out of the handful that were actually "memorable" to me, I agree the boys seemed to die off and the gals seemed to get off alive.

And now that I think about it, it's definitely more obvious in recent years than it was early in the game's history. A lot of the examples you cite are from like 5+ years ago. But in the past 5 years it definitely seems like any prominent boy bad guy gets kilt, and any prominent girl bad buy gets to stick around. Maybe an exception or two, but certainly the majority follow those trends.

Not sure why the devs feel the need to do that, but whatever.
  • askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Mirror Kurland here.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
    aftulus wrote: »
    I don't think STO has ever had a particularly consistent gender based pattern in how they treated villains, from launch until now.
    • Taris is dead. No redemption.
    • Borg Queen got killed, multiple times. No redemption.
    • Excalbian Seven of Nine Borg Queen is dead. No redemption.
    • Ajur is dead. No redemption.
    • Krog is dead. No redemption.
    • T'Mara is dead. No redemption.
    • T'ket is still alive. No redemption.
    • Female Changeling is dead. No redemption.
    • Sela arguably never redeemed herself either. She still believes in the Imperial Romulan Way, that the Republic are terrorists, etc. etc. She just saved her own skin by bringing the Dominion into the Iconian War, and helped with the duplicate T'ane thing for better prison accommodations.
    Likewise
    • Obisek is still alive. Had redemption.
    • Noye is still alive. No redemption himself. You could argue his Excalbian duplicate got some form of redemption in Measure of Morality.
    • Hakeev is dead. No redemption.
    • B'vat is dead. No redemption.
    • Aakar is dead. No redemption.
    • J'mpok is dead. No redemption.
    • Gaul is dead. No redemption.
    • Boratus is dead. No redemption.
    • Sessen is dead. No redemption.
    The only real consistency is that most villains just die in STO, with no real redemption.

The only antagonists who got any sort of real redemption and switched sides are Obisek, J'ula, and Neth Parr. And J'ula is pretty much just the Klingon's version of the Romulans Obisek, but with a longer story arc. And who was actually less awful then Obisek was in the long run. You could arguably add Odo to this list given his false flag attack on Bajor via the Tzenkethi and Hur'q to get the Alliance into the Hur'q war, and his later help is ending it.

Taris was a missed opportunity, I generally liked her and she seemed redeemable since day 1 before Sela goes and kills her in cold blood in a later mission.
  • trekfangrrrl#6910 trekfangrrrl Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    But then again, the rabid need to find some sort of "intent" behind the gender/race of characters has become a large trend on the itnernet.

LOL what? Over the past few decades (and big time over the past few years) tons of companies are intentionally trying to feature more characters whose gender/race were not as prominently used in the past. Case in point: a black female lead in not 1, but 2 of the new Trek series. And that's absolutely cool with me. But it's also absolutely intentional. There is absolutely "intent" behind doing that. So if you are implying that people are seeing "intent" that isn't there, you are crazy.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Someone said Chakotay... interesting but never gonna happen. Robert Beltran hates everything Star Trek

and this is the Emperor.

keith-richards.jpg
    Spock.jpg

• ktanner3#8874 ktanner3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > All of these people would be dead by STO's time. Especially with how brutal and backstabbing the MU is
    >
    > Highly unlikely. Patrick Stewart costs WAY to much. Which is why they haven't had him in-game already.

Say what? Stewart has done a lot of voice work for video games....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Stewart#Other_work

"He lent his voice to the Activision-produced Star Trek computer games Star Trek: Armada, Armada II, Star Trek: Starfleet Command III, Star Trek: Invasion, Bridge Commander, and Elite Force II, all reprising his role as Picard. Stewart reprised his role as Picard in Star Trek: Legacy for both PC and Xbox 360, along with the four other "major" Starfleet captains from the different Star Trek series.

In addition to voicing his characters from Star Trek and X-Men in several related computer and video games, Stewart worked as a voice actor on games unrelated to both franchises, such as Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for which in 2006 he won a Spike TV Video Game Award[60] for his work as Emperor Uriel Septim. He also lent his voice to several editions of the Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia."
    edited September 2021
    while I like the idea of Emperor Boimler, this STO emperor thing had been here longer than his creation.
    edited September 2021
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > All of these people would be dead by STO's time. Especially with how brutal and backstabbing the MU is
    >
    > Highly unlikely. Patrick Stewart costs WAY to much. Which is why they haven't had him in-game already.

Say what? Stewart has done a lot of voice work for video games....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Stewart#Other_work

"He lent his voice to the Activision-produced Star Trek computer games Star Trek: Armada, Armada II, Star Trek: Starfleet Command III, Star Trek: Invasion, Bridge Commander, and Elite Force II, all reprising his role as Picard. Stewart reprised his role as Picard in Star Trek: Legacy for both PC and Xbox 360, along with the four other "major" Starfleet captains from the different Star Trek series.

In addition to voicing his characters from Star Trek and X-Men in several related computer and video games, Stewart worked as a voice actor on games unrelated to both franchises, such as Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for which in 2006 he won a Spike TV Video Game Award[60] for his work as Emperor Uriel Septim. He also lent his voice to several editions of the Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia."

"You ... I've seen you... Let me see your face... You are the one from my dreams."- Quote Patrick Steward as Uriel Septim, still is weird how the HoK was an Altmer, damn elves save your asses and your precious Tamriel.

we should get back to topic, how about Emperor Riker with that special Riker leg over throne sitting move.
  • enigmachad#4351 enigmachad Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    the original Emporer Phillipa Georgou. i don't think its out own avatar, maybe we're a number one. mirror Wesley, maybe. its probably someone outta left field we won't know til the end.
This discussion has been closed.