test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More Halloween event news

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
STO's twitter posted this today.

Seems to indicate they are in fact doing the Halloween event, or at least something Halloween related, this year.

What they wrote in the tweet is a quote from the TOS episode Catspaw, which Cryptic has said they were basic the Halloween event on, and people have recently found "Witch hat" tailor being added to the game. Catspaw featuring witches.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    and people have recently found "Witch hat" tailor being added to the game. Catspaw featuring witches.
    Hopefully, this event will give this hat to Mirror Leeta, Mirror Kuumaarke, T'Ket, and Sela for its duration, as they're a fine examples of colossal... witches.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    I think we should dress up our toons for halloween, not sure if I want to dress my Romulan up as Superboy or Dracula this year.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    There is someone who seems to hang around Risa a lot who has a very good Supergirl lookalike.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    valoreah wrote: »
    I think we should dress up our toons for halloween, not sure if I want to dress my Romulan up as Superboy or Dracula this year.

According to the ignorant few, our Captains cannot wear things like this because it is not "normal attire" for them... whatever that means.

One must always wear a proper uniform on duty :sniff!: (adjusts monocle)

...while flying an alien mirror temporal starship to go commit genocide using space magic.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    No... we are not going to start that. So please refrain from taking shots. Lets just focus on the topic.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    (Sorry, locked tailor options are one of my pet peeves.)

Back on topic, if there are costume options it will be fun to use them for ground TFOs and story missions, especially if we are allowed to use them on our boffs too.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    I'm intrigued for a new Halloween-inspired Star Trek story.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    the title is clickbate. the tweet provides no news whatsoever.

Perhaps, but I'm gonna let this one slide as it can be used for further updates as they are posted rather than having multiple threads pop up. Or at least I'm hoping leaving this one alone will curb that anyways.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

I'm going as Wanda Maximoff. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »

I think my main might either go as Lucina from Fire Emblem, Yang Xiao Long, or a Ghostbuster.
    rattler2 wrote: »

I think my main might either go as Lucina from Fire Emblem, Yang Xiao Long, or a Ghostbuster.

A TFO with everyone using the ghostbuster gun from Drozena would be fun. Maybe the Romulan station one with the Elachi and all the dark areas?

• livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User

A TFO with everyone using the ghostbuster gun from Drozena would be fun. Maybe the Romulan station one with the Elachi and all the dark areas?

what gun is this that you speak of and where do you get it on Drozana?
    gQytlm7.jpg
    edited September 2021

what gun is this that you speak of and where do you get it on Drozana?

Technically you get the spectre gun at the nearby starbase, but only as part of the Spectres arc which happens mostly on Drozana. It is a nice weapon for mid-level characters (like the blue ship phasers you also get in the arc) but outclassed by endgame weapons. Its secondary fire mode is a chain-targeting proton particle stream just the one one in Ghostbusters, and since its primary and secondary fire modes are different energies they used to also be good anti-Borg weapons back before the kinetic ones.

That outclassed-rewards thing is probably one of the main reasons people dont run the arc much anymore, it is only available to endgame characters since it was relegated to the "available" tab but only awards low-to-midgame rewards. It is a shame really, it is probably the best of the old-style arcs.
    I'd love a remaster of the Spectres arc. The added voice acting was great, but it does kinda show its age a bit, AND is referenced in a TOS character's story as Scotty recalls meeting the player on Drozana... before they "officially" meet during the AoY arc.
    edited September 2021
    I'd love a remaster of the Spectres arc. The added voice acting was great, but it does kinda show its age a bit, AND is referenced in a TOS character's story as Scotty recalls meeting the player on Drozana... before they "officially" meet during the AoY arc.
    The Spectres arc really does need a lot of work. Probably the most of the old Featured series outside of the Cold War arc.

The Cardassian ship interior in the first mission needs to be totally redone. And Drozana, at least the mission segments, both past and present pretty much need to be redone as well.

True, it would be nice if they used "wrecked" versions of the TOS materials instead of the generic alien/civillian ship material they use now (and is seen in the inhabited section of the station) which begs the question of why someone would rip up all the TOS smooth wall and floor surfaces but leave all the other junk in place, but other than that it actually holds up rather well.

I cannot comment on the Cardassian part though since I don't know what they look like on the ingame playable ships to compare them. Just a personal impression though is that the color and greebly surface of the generic interior materials does look reasonable for a Cardassian ship for someone who has never seen what a Cardassian bridge looks like on those playable ships.

The writing and flow of the arc is excellent overall, and the practical, objective-oriented puzzles are far better than the phone-game minigame popup things they tend to shove in their place nowadays (the phone-games are probably due to the negative reaction to the way the objective-oriented puzzles were so badly botched in Dust to Dust).
    True, it would be nice if they used "wrecked" versions of the TOS materials instead of the generic alien/civillian ship material they use now (and is seen in the inhabited section of the station) which begs the question of why someone would rip up all the TOS smooth wall and floor surfaces but leave all the other junk in place, but other than that it actually holds up rather well.

I cannot comment on the Cardassian part though since I don't know what they look like on the ingame playable ships to compare them. Just a personal impression though is that the color and greebly surface of the generic interior materials does look reasonable for a Cardassian ship for someone who has never seen what a Cardassian bridge looks like on those playable ships.

Point 1: Ferengi. 'nuff said.
    Point 2: They do use the generic interiors rather than anything specifically Cardassian. And I kinda feel like they did a mockup of a Cardi bridge with Cardi consoles. But I don't think its anything like the Galor bridge, especially with needing room to fight a Phantasm there too.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    For Halloween i am hoping they finally add the playable Lycans and they bring back Mine Trap with extra portions of Zombies and Salt Vampires.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    The only puzzle I consider any good in Dust to Dust is the first one (the fire trap) since it not only makes sense in context to the story it is reasonably implemented. In contrast, the maze is just incredibly tedious running around looking for what they pass off as a pattern to the layout, and the jumping thing is by far the worst thought out piece of garbage in the game, especially considering the problems with Akami throwing off timing (and dead reckoning that virtually all online games use to smooth movements makes that iffy enough even without that bottleneck).

The puzzles in Spectres all made sense in context, like the trap-the-patrols puzzle, and even the text ones were grounded in the storyline even if some of the text was a bit silly (and yes, even the especially silly nerve tonic one was reasonable compared to the massive time waster maze and extremely annoying lagfight of the jumping "puzzle".
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
This discussion has been closed.