test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    "EU."

Now, that's a funny one.

Fun-fact: only the German version of the site is up-to-date, the French version stopped getting updates in May...2020, the Polish version in 2015. And there is no Spanish, Portuguese or Italian version for STO.
    Gotta go in and add all those extra u into words so the British can read them I would imagine(this is a joke)
    Saying the British are in the EU?

*puts helmet on*

Ooooh boy. Your joke is going way too far.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Retracted reply touching on Politics.
    Post edited by ussvaliant2#1952 on
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    The absolute gall of this tweet...

Tights Basic... seriously?
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    The absolute gall of this tweet...

Tights Basic... seriously?

You know, I really don't come to Cryptic's defense, but in this case

Given these are the character uniforms under discussion::
    CC109_ScreenGrab_7.jpg

I don't see what you're so outraged about. Tights Basic seems to give it the appropriate look (as much as you can given the cell animation original, and trying to translate it into a 3D world. You didn't get a separate 'pants' style here because it's not needed.

Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    I don't see what you're so outraged about. Tights Basic seems to give it the appropriate look (as much as you can given the cell animation original, and trying to translate it into a 3D world. You didn't get a separate 'pants' style here because it's not needed.

Right. Except we have previous confirmation that the pants that goes with the uniform are the ones from the DSC season 3 uniform, which is another lobi one.
    This "change of heart" - and I'm being extremely generous here - on top of the uniform being advertised as complete, is what makes me "so outraged".

Not only that, but the "official uniform color guide", as @reyan01 so graciously pointed out, isn't accurate.
    And I will add this: these pants do not correspond to the ones depicted in the uniform news.

Why, there's even a thread here in this very forum, on top of multiple reddit threads. But you know, we're just a bunch of lunatics that are "outraged" over nothing.
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    interesting. Thomas said that ships take around 3500 hours through the whole process. But the devs have stated before that ships take 1-2 weeks/months) which is far less than 3500 hours. So who is telling the truth here?
    gQytlm7.jpg
    interesting. Thomas said that ships take around 3500 hours through the whole process. But the devs have stated before that ships take 1-2 weeks/months) which is far less than 3500 hours. So who is telling the truth here?

I believe Thomas was saying that all the work he did on Fed and Terran ships combined for this update took 3500 hours. 3500 hours divided by 25 ships is 140 hours per ship, which is 3.5 weeks per ship if we assume a normal 40 hour work week (less if OT is involved).
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

We could use a spooky theme map with fog covered ground, a haunted castle, giant black cats and tiny aliens :smiley:

Oh, and starships dangling on necklaces!!! 😎🥇

Honestly based on my own observations lately it seems a lot more players use Twitter and Reddit than the official forums, can't really fault him for going where the players are. That's why this thread exists though, so that those of us who use multiple sites can pass the information along to those who only use the forums.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User

That warp core is heavily reminiscent of the concept drawings for Phase II, moreso than the others mentioned. I like it :)
    reyan01 wrote: »

By Ambassador Kael | Thu 23 Sep 2021 08:00:00 AM PD
    "From August 12th at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) to August 16th at 10am PT (19:00 CEST)" :/
    At this point, it's just a (unfunny) running gag.
    #TASforSTO
  • dacia#9992 dacia Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk

Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • banditse1977#1368 banditse1977 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

By Ambassador Kael | Thu 23 Sep 2021 08:00:00 AM PD
    "From August 12th at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) to August 16th at 10am PT (19:00 CEST)" :/

It doesn't have a year,so maybe its 2022 and they are giving us a years warning so we are ready for when it comes out?!

Not gonna lie: I saw this and my first reaction was "yes... and?". They can't hype for TRIBBLE.
    kv1Ohsx.png

Oh god, I know where Al got his new icon and its context... Yuck! I guess that's the wicked thing.
    #TASforSTO
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    “Something wicked” is a line by the wyrd sisters (the three witches) from Macbeth. And if the image is a reference to mugato sex—that explains a lot too.
    Post edited by qultuq on
    Oh god, I know where Al got his new icon and its context... Yuck! I guess that's the wicked thing.

Oh no. Nooooo. I hadn't noticed that... God, now it's all I'll be able to see.
    kv1Ohsx.png

edited September 2021

It seems (from the flashing images) the Ornithoids ( https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ornithoid_life_form ) are getting the Excalbian treatment, getting redesigned to look much less ridiculous and cheap.
    #TASforSTO
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Wednesday the 13th, good to know :wink:
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User

It seems (from the flashing images) the Ornithoids ( https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ornithoid_life_form ) are getting the Excalbian treatment, getting redesigned to look much less ridiculous and cheap.

Does that mean we're going to get some sort of new Halloween mission/event based on the TOS S2 episode: "Catspaw"?
    (This TOS fan hopes so...that said, not holding my breath.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."