test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

đź–– LOWER DECKS Season-1 Discussion đź––

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    the same reason for uniform discrepancy in every other case - a ship's far enough out that starfleet went through another one of their bi-yearly uniform changes and not everyone got the memo yet

seriously, starfleet needs to just pick a damn design and stick with it for a while - no nation on earth changes uniforms nearly as often as they do, whether the organization is military or civilian​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Shax! :(

May the Prophets be with you.

This episode made me thing two things:

The Pakled? That could be exactly how the Borg started once.

If we get the California Class in game, there should definitely be a Tier 1 or Tier 2 version, maybe completely free or as some mission reward. When the Luna appeared on screen, it was clearly tactically vastly superior.

Bonus Thought: That Pakled Dreadnought is probably going to end up being a lockbox/promotion ship. I think the original TNG era Pakled ship should be some Freighter-type mission/TFO reward, though.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    the same reason for uniform discrepancy in every other case - a ship's far enough out that starfleet went through another one of their bi-yearly uniform changes and not everyone got the memo yet

seriously, starfleet needs to just pick a damn design and stick with it for a while - no nation on earth changes uniforms nearly as often as they do, whether the organization is military or civilian​​

To be fair, the last on screen appearance of the First Contact style was in 2379 with Nemesis. Since Lower Decks takes place a year later... it would make sense for them to have multiple uniforms in service. I mean in DS9 they had two different uniforms, mostly to tell who was station personnel and who wasn't. DS9 crew had the DS9/Voyager style while visiting crew had TNG style. Hell... Jadzia Dax wore the TNG style when she first stepped aboard DS9.

As for design... they kinda have stuck with a design style since TNG. Every variant of the Starfleet uniform since TNG has had those rather distinctive shoulders.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Maybe the fact they canonized the Luna class will mean we'll get a version that actually looks that good (and hey, maybe at T6) in-game? The in-game model stinks.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    To be fair, the current in game model is from the game's launch, so its 10 years old.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Shax! :(

May the Prophets be with you.

This episode made me thing two things:

The Pakled? That could be exactly how the Borg started once.

If we get the California Class in game, there should definitely be a Tier 1 or Tier 2 version, maybe completely free or as some mission reward. When the Luna appeared on screen, it was clearly tactically vastly superior.

Bonus Thought: That Pakled Dreadnought is probably going to end up being a lockbox/promotion ship. I think the original TNG era Pakled ship should be some Freighter-type mission/TFO reward, though.

TIER 6!!!!!!!!! :p
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    If they do make a T6 Luna I hope they keep the kitbashing aspect intact. One of my first captains had the Sol class variant with a few other swaps and I would definitely get the T6 if it is made a c-store ship if it had the parts to recreate that ship.
    If they do make a T6 Luna I hope they keep the kitbashing aspect intact. One of my first captains had the Sol class variant with a few other swaps and I would definitely get the T6 if it is made a c-store ship if it had the parts to recreate that ship.

I want a T6 California.

If we can have T6 NX's, T'Varos, Daeadalus, and so on...we can have this. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Playable Pakled WTF-ship when?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I really want to know the size of the California class, because the Pakled super ship looked MASSIVE.

it's pretty small. I think Trek Yards covered it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I didn't know that Spock helmet thing was an actual toy they just put the word Spock on to sell to kids. lol

medium_tos-and-the-best-lower-decks-easter-egg-so-far-1602179519.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I really want to know the size of the California class, because the Pakled super ship looked MASSIVE.

it's actually rather easy to figure out the size of those Pakled ships. When the Cerritos scans one they create this diagram of where the hull pieces came from. In that diagram you can see that the beak-like part on the front is the design of Pakled ship that Picard and Geordi encountered. The literally took that design and just bolted on more parts.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User

Huh! Talk about a case of "ask and ye shall receive". Wonder when...
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    joshmaul wrote: »

Huh! Talk about a case of "ask and ye shall receive". Wonder when...

And when we get this ship, every time it goes to warp it has Riker say "Give me warp, in the factor of, a five-six-seven-eight" and jazz music starts.
  • mada1337#5271 mada1337 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    > @thegrandnagus1 said:
    > The thread about the trailer seems to have gone wildly off topic, so with the first episode airing in a matter of hours I wanted to have a place for people to actually discuss this show and first episode. So...here it is! :)

I really like the show as well. Was pleasantly surprised.
    > @thegrandnagus1 said:
    > The thread about the trailer seems to have gone wildly off topic, so with the first episode airing in a matter of hours I wanted to have a place for people to actually discuss this show and first episode. So...here it is! :)

I really like the show as well. Was pleasantly surprised.

First Trek, apart from Beyond, since 2005 that I actually liked. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • nix38nix38 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm not sure if the new episode is out - the last I saw was "We'll Always have Tom Paris" - and thus far, it's still going strong.
    "Laws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice."
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Just caught up with everything released through “The Spy Humongous”.

I feel badly for our Devs. ;) Following “An Embarrassment of Dooplers”, they gotta know we expect ground vehicles now. Not just for ground. But for orbiting Starbases. :open_mouth:
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    I was expecting Tendi to snap any moment in this season, but I didn't expect her to snap that hard and dangerously. XD

Also, the show keeps doing such a great job at both being a silly parody that deconstructs Star Trek tropes without taking itself seriously WHILE simultaneously keeping itself serious enough to bring or revisit cool stuff in a way that doesn't make you say "Nah, it's definitely not canon, it's too silly".

I mean, in 5 minutes, it did manage to bring much more lore to the Orions than the whole franchise had the opportunity to for decades but never did.

And the Pakleds' development is quite something.
    I laughed so hard when one grabbed a buzzsaw to open a door... only to use it as a battering ram... and still succeeding in opening the door anyway through sheer brute force.

And jeez, they brought back the Kzinti and made a meta joke about their TAS posture in the process because why not, for pete's sake,
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    And they're even in Starfleet now...WHY DO THEY HAVE FIN-EARS?!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    I was expecting Tendi to snap any moment in this season, but I didn't expect her to snap that hard and dangerously. XD

Also, the show keeps doing such a great job at both being a silly parody that deconstructs Star Trek tropes without taking itself seriously WHILE simultaneously keeping itself serious enough to bring or revisit cool stuff in a way that doesn't make you say "Nah, it's definitely not canon, it's too silly".

I mean, in 5 minutes, it did manage to bring much more lore to the Orions than the whole franchise had the opportunity to for decades but never did.

And the Pakleds' development is quite something.
    I laughed so hard when one grabbed a buzzsaw to open a door... only to use it as a battering ram... and still succeeding in opening the door anyway through sheer brute force.

And jeez, they brought back the Kzinti and made a meta joke about their TAS posture in the process because why not, for pete's sake,

McMann's a FAN. Hence the goodness of the show.

LOVED the rib at Kurtzman, the other week, showing him in a pike style chair.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    Also, I can't wait to see more of Captain Janeway's misadventures on the Enterprise.
    Can't believe Pakleds outsmarted her like that.
    #TASforSTO
    New episode, and well, even the Borg know about the importance of staying hydrated, folks. And nice to hear Alice Krige as the Borg Queen again.
    #TASforSTO
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    New episode, and well, even the Borg know about the importance of staying hydrated, folks. And nice to hear Alice Krige as the Borg Queen again.
    I wonder if something is up with Boimler since his duplication. Or at least with this Boimler. There was also that incident where for some reason the computer wouldn't accept his codes (clerical error? really?), and I think one other instance but I don't remember what it was.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    It's Mirror Boimler - calling it now.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2021
    Oh, also, all Crystalline Catastrophe runs are now canon, I guess.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    We definitely need a Borg Lower Decks series. This week's episode clearly showed why we need a Borg Collective playable faction in STO.

Seriously though, it was a great episode that showed the Lower Decks on a Klingon ship, Vulcan ship, Pakled ship, and Borg Cube. The only problem with the episode is that the main villain of the episode wasn't punished enough for his disgusting actions.