test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reflections is Live!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Starring Chase Masterson, Star Trek Online: Reflections begins our next major story arc, and tasks you with journeying through the dark mirror.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11497363
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I'm hearing conflicting things about the Mirror Pack Giveaway. Some folks are saying it's all account unlocked items. Others are saying it only the gear. Still others only the uniforms. And a last group are saying that NONE of it is account unlocked and it all for a single character.

Which, if any, of these is correct?

I would hope it's all account unlocked since I don't know right off what character I'd want the items on if some or all of it is single character only. And if most/all of it is single character only, I'll probably just skip it altogether.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Where do I get this pack? Can't find it anywhere.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    It should show up in features if you cant find it there you can go to the promotions tab.

The Agony rifle is char bound as is the kit module

The 2 sonics are account bound

the xp boost is account bound

the uniforms come in boxes cant rem if they are account or char bound and havnt checked yet if the uniforms are account unlocked or just char unlocked.

and as far as I can tell you cant claim the agony rifle or the kit module on other char so claim it on an engi and one that you really use a lot for ground combat.

the kit module is the only thing that is anoying as its char bound and you cant claim on other chars so a bit anoying.

from what I hear none of the rifles or the pistols are much to talk about.

I have not used any of them yet though.
  • o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    wodenaz wrote: »
    It should show up in features if you cant find it there you can go to the promotions tab.

Thank you, found it. And now I know why I didn't see it the first time I looked. It's because I checked with a Klingon character, but the package only shows for Fed affiliated characters, not Klingons.

~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • lorien506lorien506 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Any info about the time it will take to upload the next episode of this new chapter?
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    I really enjoyed the new episode - and the ending! Thank you :-)
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Episode Feedback:
    What a blast! I thoroughly enjoyed the story throughout and all portions of combat 'felt' like they flowed naturally due to the story and did not feel like they'd been shoehorned in, as in some of the previous storyline episodes.
    The reveal of the 'person of interest' had already bee spoiled ahead of time but the official website and I really wish it hadn't, but then, publicity has to publicity!
    The 'reveal' at the end gives no real indication as to whom that person is - and that just makes me want to know! Splendid job, there.

The new station was nicely designed with aspects of it's structure reminding me of almost every Trek era. Discovery-like consoles with TNG/Lcars interfaces and banks of computers with flashing lights highly reminiscent of TOS. The corridors brought the cramped feeling of Enterprise to mind as well.

I do feel there was a couple of missed opportunities to add in a puzzle.
    Reconfiguring the plasma flow could look something like this-
    71sOKhsUYcL.png
    We would have to click individual segments of the pipe to rotate them to allow plasma to flor from points A to C instead of A to B.
    And there was another puzzle opportunity when we had to reconfigure some isolinear chips - we haven't seen that puzzle in a mission in a long time!

TFO Feedback:
    Very much the same as above. Well-designed and easy to understand TFO. It was truly fantastic to see how you've taken ESD and redecorated it to serve the Terran Empire.

Gift Pack Feedback:
    I really do wish you'd allow us to reclaim these on other character, much as you did with the Cryptic 20th Anniversary pack. Obviously, single-use consumables such as XP boosts, Fleet Modules, etc. would only ever be claimable on the first character, but items such as kit modules and shooty-things would be nice to have as an option on other characters. I mean, imagine the dil-sink it would be to have us enjoy using them and so upgrade them on our other characters...

Overall Impression:
    A mighty-fine job all around!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    It's been 2 days and still no official word about this pack. I talked to 5 fleetmates yesterday and EACH one of them told me different things about what is/isn't account unlocked or single character only. I've seen NO consistent answers either when asking in zone chat.

I do NOT want to grab this pack unless I can actually use it and right now, I don't have a Mirror themed character I would grab it on. Maybe someday, but this pack is a limited time item. So I either grab it now and it goes to waste if it's single character, or I miss out on getting it since I can't currently use it before the promo time runs out.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    iamynaught wrote: »
    It's been 2 days and still no official word about this pack. I talked to 5 fleetmates yesterday and EACH one of them told me different things about what is/isn't account unlocked or single character only. I've seen NO consistent answers either when asking in zone chat.

I do NOT want to grab this pack unless I can actually use it and right now, I don't have a Mirror themed character I would grab it on. Maybe someday, but this pack is a limited time item. So I either grab it now and it goes to waste if it's single character, or I miss out on getting it since I can't currently use it before the promo time runs out.

I find it strange that you are getting different info reg this, unless they are bugged the sonic weapons for me were account bound and the other weapon and the kit frame were char bound, and I double checked as I transfered the sonic weapons to another char but could not transfer the kit frame and the other weapon.

Regarding the outfits they come in a pack thats char bound that you click on but have not checked if they become availible for all chars.

though the outfits if they are account open are not availible for Klings as far as I can tell as I changed the outfit on one of my klings and couldnt see them.

to add to this I have just checked on the char i accepted the stuff and another and it apears the outfits are for just that char, and as well as getting the oddy open you also get the sierra and antares open. I am not to bothered that the uniforms are char unlocks as I tend to use the ENT uniform with the mirror dagger.

the open ones show in the uniform - Bare Chest dropdown and the others in the Jacket loose under DSC Terran.
    Post edited by wodenaz on
  • moncapitane#9351 moncapitane Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Episode Feedback:

The 'reveal' at the end gives no real indication as to whom that person is - and that just makes me want to know! Splendid job, there.

I was thinking that it was a mirror-yourself. I can be mistaken, anyway.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    Episode Feedback:
    I was thinking that it was a
    . I can be mistaken, anyway.
    I know that, but what role will that person be playing in future episodes...?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • jefflenzjefflenz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ok, loved the overall feel of the mission so far but the very end was like "wow" when that "one" person comes through the door on the bridge....loved it!
This discussion has been closed.