test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New updated character models and textures of skin and bodies other look bad.

jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
OK as of the update of today the ingame character models and textures of the skin and bodies of characters in my opinion look bad in comparison to what they looked like before the update. That being said the faces are better that does not bother me. However, that would be ok and be the end of it if not for the poor quality in my opinion of the appearance of the skin and bodies after launch they look horrible in my opinion. Their resolution, definition and tone are ok, but they look bad in comparison to the way they looked before. No offense to the dev team and/or art team, but the faces are nice and everything not the bodies and skin textures of the bodies they look not so good as before. Just my opinion though to make that clear. The body models and textures look like they could use more work if they are to continue looking like this they could be better, but like I said just my opinion.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    Was there an update to characters model and skin textures? They honestly look the same to me.

Yeah there was to faces and bodies. Guess it depends on who you play as what npcs you have because it might be more subtle for some models than others that also goes for the faces, too.
    Also depends probably on the lighting and what clothing you're wearing. You can especially tell on swimsuits and the more revealing clothing like the Terran Uniforms and what not.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    The only change I noticed is that there's a new 'Ponytail 6' available for female characters (it's actually pigtails though, not a ponytail). Faces all look the same to me.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2021
    Was there an update to characters model and skin textures? They honestly look the same to me.

Yea I honestly thought there was an update as well, yet couldn't see any real changes, or improvements either?

Hence my confusion! I looked at my Main in Swimwear at Tailor and thought maybe it was slightly improved, yet still didn't see anything that appeared to really stand out to me. Perhaps they still have a few tweaks, they need to make to this show up more?

I mean any and all improvements to Character/Crew/Captain's Bodies, or Facial customizations is welcomed!
    0zxlclk.png
    strathkin wrote: »

Yea I honestly thought there was an update as well, yet I sure couldn't see any real changes or improvements either... ???

Hence my confusion! I looked at my Main in Swimwear at Tailor and though maybe it was slightly improved, yet still didn't see anything that appeared to really stand out to me. Perhaps they still have a few tweaks they need to make to this?

I mean any and all improvements to Character/Crew/Captain's Bodies, or Facial customizations is welcomed!

I agree the improvements depending on where you look are subtle some of them they don't actually look too bad, but they could use some tweaks and more work.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    Yeah I see what you mean. Adm Leeta in Firewall looks like she was either in the sun too long or has a bad acne outbreak
    Spock.jpg

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Yeah I see what you mean. Adm Leeta in Firewall looks like she was either in the sun too long or has a bad acne outbreak

I'm more concerned about her square eyelids.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Noses also look a bit weird in some cases too, I think the shading is different or something.
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    As long as they are not making everything with the stupid cartoon eyes I don't care. I want more serious/realistic looking stuff over overt jokes.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    A bug? I thought they only aged up Leeta to look more like current year Chase Masterson than 90ys. Not that I know how she looks like today but that was my wild guess for the model change. Unlike with Seven this seems to affect older missions as well; Ragnaroks Admiral Leeta also has the new model.

Edit:
    Oh, nice; they removed the Lego lines! :)
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    standard faces 1 (human, romulan etc) have been modified. it is a little bit better, but the eyes are weird, there is a missing shadow at the level of the upper eyelid.

bodies have been also modified. they are thinner and more detailed. for example, I had to increase the arm bulk of some of my female captains and boffs. And the knees and muscles are better drawn .

step by step, the quality of the models increases, it is really interesting.
  • atomikg#2849 atomikg Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited September 2021
    (spam removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I like the updates myself, my trill looks pretty as hell
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    My guess is that they are starting early to get things ready for shader level 5 (which has some significant performance boosts btw) for when they implement the new minimum requirements. We are likely to see all sorts of subtle changes in things since some of the older resources are probably not optimized for SL5.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    My guess is that they are starting early to get things ready for shader level 5 (which has some significant performance boosts btw) for when they implement the new minimum requirements. We are likely to see all sorts of subtle changes in things since some of the older resources are probably not optimized for SL5.

That makes sense. Maybe a future livestream can confirm or deny it.

This discussion has been closed.