test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warning: Lower Decks uniform does NOT include the advertised pants

2»

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Hopefully this is a bug and the pants really do exist, because if not it would be pretty misleading to show pants in the promo image that do not come with the uniform.

In their defense... do you really wanna see pantsless people showcasing uniforms if they don't come with them?
    And odds are if the pants are too similar to something we already have... what's the point in copying? Waste of resources to just add like one fold or something to make a new pair of pants.

then make a picture from the waist up.

This would be a poor solution.

Most people are going to assume based on past history and common sense that a uniform, especially one you pay for is.. a complete uniform. Altering the picture will not be enough, the image should have specifically stated that the pants were not included. Or they could have done the correct thing and included the already existing asset in the new pack so that it's actually complete.

This is flat out false advertising, and they so far don't seem to have any plan to rectify the issue.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    We have a say, in Italy: "non c'è limite al peggio" which is roughly the equivalent of "It never rains, it pours"... they have demonstrated that once again.
    Advertising a full uniform - not even an account unlock one! - and then not delivering it in its entirety? That's not "shady business", that's a rip-off.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    ...I thought the pants choices looked wrong. Now I know why.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    It makes you wonder if the powers that be at their weekly meeting have a "How can we TRIBBLE off our Customer base this week" brainstorming session.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited September 2021
    So, on the one hand, it seems a bit silly worrying about "missing pants" (or anything in a video game, TBH). But the reasons this bothers me are:

• It's a paid uniform, not a free giveaway.
    • It was advertised in a way that clearly implied the pants were part of the uniform purchase.
    • Neither the blog nor the in game uniform box explains the pants are not included.
    • They did not even bother to make a forum post or tweet explaining this, and only relayed a message through a volunteer mod on a message board 99% of people will never see.
    • Their "explanation" of why they didn't want to waste time making an identical uniform part in no way justifies or explains them not including the existing uniform part with the Lower Decks outfit.

It's less about the item itself and more about the way they are handling it that bothers me. I'm not "mad", and certainly not attacking anyone at Cryptic. But is just feels "wrong" and is disappointing to see :-/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited September 2021

Not only that, but the pants they recommend to use with this Lobi-store-uniform, are from another lobi-store-uniform.

Which means if you aim for a "full set" and don't have the 32nd-century uniform-pack, you gotta spend 320-400 Lobi (or buy both packs from the exchange) for ONE set of matching uniform-pieces.
    So, on the one hand, it seems a bit silly worrying about "missing pants" (or anything in a video game, TBH). But the reasons this bothers me are:

• It was advertised in a way that clearly implied the pants were part of the uniform purchase.
    • Neither the blog nor the in game uniform box explains the pants are not included.
    • They did not even bother to make a forum post or tweet explaining this, and only relayed a message through a volunteer mod on a message board 99% of people will never see.
    • Their "explanation" of why they didn't want to waste time making an identical uniform part in no way justifies or explains them not including the existing uniform part with the Lower Decks outfit.

It's less about the item itself and more about the way they are handling it that bothers me. I'm not "mad", and certainly not attacking anyone at Cryptic. But is just feels "wrong" and is disappointing to see :-/

All of these points are spot on. The lack of any official response - and I mean this with no offense to you, @rattler2, to which we owe thanks for giving us any information at all - is just the last step on a long road of an almost complete lack of communication.
    And then they have the absolute gall of complain that we don't give them any credibility?
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Word from Kael: No pants, but shoes included.

So yea... we have stuff that already exists that is too close that they decided not to waste resources on that.

Wow. That is extremely, extremely misleading and shady behavior on their part. To be 100% clear what I mean:

1: it is completely fine to NOT include pants in the uniform. We clear on that? Ok, keep going...

2: it is absolutely misleading and deceptive to show pants that are not included in the uniform in a promo image AND not CLEARLY explain it in the blog/uniform box.

It's the part that comes after the "and" above that is wrong/misleading. There is simply no excuse for that type of deception.

I'm not going to criticize them without also offering a solution, so here it is: give people who bought the uniforms the Disco Season 3 pants that were shown in the image. Problem solved.

Did DIS Season 3 outfits include boots or shoes?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    So in the livestream Kael said the correct pants are Tight Basic, apparently that's what the official color guide is going to use.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited September 2021
    So in the livestream Kael said the correct pants are Tight Basic, apparently that's what the official color guide is going to use.

It's true he said that, but it is not actually correct. Tight basic pants have a shiny texture while the Lower Decks top as a regular cloth/matte texture. So they do not actually match, and that is the exact reason they used the Disco season 3 pants in the blog image; because they actually wanted a matching set look.

So no, for the record, the "tight basic" pants are not the correct match to the Lower Decks top. And no, I'm not saying Kael is "lying" or anything like that. I'm sure he is just repeating what someone else told him.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

This - 100%

They could have made 'new' pants easily anyway.. it's just a copy/paste of the existing palate.. we know how much Cryptic loves copy/paste.

The whole thing is downright dishonest, if I had paid for this I would be furious. Cryptic has gone from being vague and poor at communication to downright dishonest bordering on criminal. The way they have handled this entire situation has been nothing short of pathetic.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User

Did they use the "tight basic" pants in the image/advertisement?

No?

Then those are not the "correct" pants.

coldnapalm wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > So in the livestream Kael said the correct pants are Tight Basic, apparently that's what the official color guide is going to use.

Not surprised. As said in my last post, was expecting the usual non-committal response your average Politian would think up.

That isn't even a non-committal response...it is pure gaslighting as the pants they used in the picture is specifically NOT the tight basic pants as those pants looks very wrong. No seriously, this is getting beyond non-committal words into outright lies and FRAUD.

Agreed, it started out as typical Cryptic poor communication, but their response has elevated it to fraud. Basically, they falsely advertised a product, took money for it and now just refuse to acknowledge or rectify it.

Anyone giving this studio money at this point is just feeding this continuing problem.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited September 2021
    Ah, nevermind. I'm over it now. Live Long and Prosper :)
    Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Lot of overthinking pants going on here.

Yep, the tweet just went live:

Apparently, we're also required to believe this TRIBBLE.

Also apparently, a rip-off can be defined as "overthinking".
    kv1Ohsx.png

• qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Or just add text to every promo image:

"Disclaimer: All promotional images imply we know what we're doing, and communicate clearly. We don't. Ever."

Problem Cryptically solved.
    Hey @rattler2 @darkbladejk

Is there a reason that this thread is pushed to the 2nd page even when there is a new reply? Just asking straight up.. have the moderators been instructed to bury this thread/issue?

I know it's not you guys doing it, but man.. this seems suspicious. Just sayin'

I mean, I get why not getting exactly what was pictured could be a little irritating, but why would you want pants that don't even match the uniform to begin with when there are obviously better vanilla options? Would you actually want pants from a uniform you don't have the rest of?

It just seems like such a minor thing to get all up in arms about when the part that actually matters, the shirt, is perfectly fine and delivered exactly as promised.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »

I mean, I get why not getting exactly what was pictured could be a little irritating, but why would you want pants that don't even match the uniform to begin with when there are obviously better vanilla options? Would you actually want pants from a uniform you don't have the rest of?

It just seems like such a minor thing to get all up in arms about when the part that actually matters, the shirt, is perfectly fine and delivered exactly as promised.

But they promised a uniform.
    They showed a uniform.

They did not at any time explain that the uniform pictured was not what you would get, let alone that it didn't include any pants at all.

And if they want to try and pass off some free-to-own pants as the "correct" pants for the uniform then they should have shown those pants in the image used to sell the uniform.
    jexsamx wrote: »

They showed a uniform.

They did not at any time explain that the uniform pictured was not what you would get, let alone that it didn't include any pants at all.

And if they want to try and pass off some free-to-own pants as the "correct" pants for the uniform then they should have shown those pants in the image used to sell the uniform.

Perfectly put. Thank you!
    kv1Ohsx.png

They showed a uniform.

It has been explained since the image's release that the pants originally pictured were not intended to be released with that uniform, which I'm certain counts as "at any time" - but since you're not happy, that doesn't matter, I guess.

They promised you the Lower Decks uniform, not the Disco S3 uniform. The pants were clearly not intended to be released with that shirt.
This discussion has been closed.