test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New character select screen...

baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
So Everybody is now on ESD? KDF, Romulans, Jem'Hadar...everybody basically.

Not really ok with that. And I don't even see what the reason was for this change.
Are there some more backgrounds in developement?
What do you guys think?
Go pro or go home
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    After everybody being on Kronos last time, I guess it's fair play :p

That said, I would prefer each faction just have their own screen like they do when first creating a character.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Relax. Like they said, this is not an affront to your HONOR(!!!), it is changing the theme to fit the current content, like when every Fed got a Klingon background.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    baudl wrote: »

Not really ok with that. And I don't even see what the reason was for this change.
    What do you guys think?

They regularly change the background to a thematic background every time there's a major story update.

I've always hated that tbh, I wish I could set it to be faction appropriate instead.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Basically what Nagus said; previously everyone was on Kronos. They did a lot of cool looking backgrounds; I'd love to choose one for each character. Like stick to the KDF one for my KDF main, the new one for my FED main a TOS themed for my TOS alt and so on. Kind of like DCUO has it; just per character; not account wide.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    As a side idea, I'd like to see my bridge as a backdrop...the one I chose at the ship customizer.
    Go pro or go home
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    As a side idea, I'd like to see my bridge as a backdrop...the one I chose at the ship customizer.

That's a more reasonable point to bring up: a request to allow us to customize the character screen.

I suspect that they'd say it is too much work vs. them making a single backdrop for everyone, but there's no harm in asking for it.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    I like this one.

Being able to choose your own background would be nice indeed. Even if the options were limited and only consisted of Cryptic-made ones.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I like this one.

Being able to choose your own background would be nice indeed. Even if the options were limited and only consisted of Cryptic-made ones.

It would have to be limited considering the amount of options and I'm pretty sure the login screen is its own map and not just the playable map.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

What do you guys think?

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us"
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    Mirror Quinn: That's the TSDF, Terran Space Defense Fortress, for you, Prime terrorist scum!

But seriously, the login menu with the giant dagger overlay around the planet implies it's actually the Terran counterpart of ESD, which is weird since it indeed looks more like the Prime version.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    But seriously, the login menu with the giant dagger overlay around the planet implies it's actually the Terran counterpart of ESD, which is weird since it indeed looks more like the Prime version.

We haven't seen the Terran ESD yet.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    We haven't seen the Terran ESD yet.
    Its literally in the new TFO.

I revert my statement. I should obviously have played this first!

This discussion has been closed.