test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About the new episode... i like it! (No spoilers, please)

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
It was fun, and the ending... all i can say is FINALLY!!!... (no spoilers!!)
The forces of darkness are upon us!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I had a missing head issue with the end spoiler....

But overall the new mission and TFO are nice.

Sorry about your technical issue, but it was fun, i wanted that for soooo long on STO...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I'm patching right now. Being a bit slow. Guess I'll haunt the forums until its done.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    I wonder if that end spoiler is affected by certain choices. I want to play that mission with my other characters for sure, as I wouldn't have predicted that would happen.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...the very first combat had a ship get stuck inside another asset which prevented me from going forwards...so that wasn't a great start.

Overall however, the mission was fun...but the ground combat seems to have been ramped up...maybe in hopes of selling their new elite captain items? I mean still stupid easy for broken sci captains like me...but I can see a lot of people having problems here.

Hmm. I'm not particularly stunning at ground (never done a ground TFO, the 'end bosses' of previous episodes usually eat my face), but I only died once on the ground for this one (pesky science captains and their sniper rifles...). And my boffs stayed up, too.

Yeah, the twist at the end was amusing. We're doomed! :D
    Overall however, the mission was fun...but the ground combat seems to have been ramped up...maybe in hopes of selling their new elite captain items? I mean still stupid easy for broken sci captains like me...but I can see a lot of people having problems here.
    Honestly I found the ground combat a lot easier in this mission then the last couple arcs.

I got legit killed a few times in the Klingon Civil War missions. Here I was able to just plop down some Phavo crystals, and my nonopulse targ, and just stand around for a lot of it. I stopped using them about half way through to make it more an effort.

A lot of it has to do with, a @keepcalmchiveon pointed out, less waves of enemies.

Yeah, hate waves and waves of enemies.. this one was the right balance...
    I'm gonna have to do something other than the new mission for the time being. I got stuck on the part where I have to retrieve data. Cleared out the enemy... only for that objective to not trigger. Beamed out to try and reset that part... beamed back in farther back before meeting Leeta... with Leeta following me.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    just asking... did you clear the room and do the consoles at the same time, or did you try and clear the room first?
    did you get to the point where you have to repair the drone?

Had to repair the Exocomp once, cleared out all the enemies once I got all the data...

There's a bug report on it already. Some people reported waiting a while, others reported going all the way back to a certain set of doors cleared it...
    Might have to try tomorrow. But from what I saw... very well done.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    what? now i gotta check that out later
    They added a ramp so you can walk down there.

The runabout down in the shuttle area also has a quasi modeled interior. You can see through the front and back windows into rooms, and there is even some NPCs standing around inside the back meeting room talking.
    It's also beautifully-detailed and I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the "missing" revamped models we haven't seen yet.

Though its presence is also funny because it shows how ridiculously tiny the Type-8 Shuttles are.

Though, you mentioned exocomps talking like in LDS, but I haven't seen this outside of Legume Creel. The exocomp Doffs got a remodel of their portraits, but the quotes are still the same robotic "This unit <insert something here>".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    Though, you mentioned exocomps talking like in LDS, but I haven't seen this. The exocomp Doffs got a remodel of their portraits, but the quotes are still the same robotic "This unit <insert something here>".

I think its in reference to when they talk in the new TFO at the very least.
    edited September 2021
    Though, you mentioned exocomps talking like in LDS, but I haven't seen this outside of Legume Creel. The exocomp Doffs got a remodel of their portraits, but the quotes are still the same robotic "This unit <insert something here>".
    They talk in the new TFO
    Ah, gonna have to take a look then, thanks for the info.

Also, I'm kinda disappointed with Mirror!Kuumaarke's voice. I was hoping to hear the same innocent/cute-like tone of the Prime one to contrast with the sadistic, cruel persona.

I know some may find this a ridiculous combination, but there is a reason "Cute and Psycho" is a trope.

Overall, I liked the episode, though I still felt I got railroaded in letting Leeta help me and not letting me retort to her condescending snark.

Also, the
    two allied ships' sacrifice at the end was so ridiculous and pointless when they had plenty of time to escape, as shown when they opened the portal the first time.
    I guess they too suffered the "can't interact when hit" game mechanic.
    #TASforSTO
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Congratulations to everyone that managed to complete this buggy mess of a mission.

I got almost to the end and an enemy was stuck in a wall that prevented me from progressing. I beamed out and guess what?

The mission has no checkpoints.. YAY!

So it started me at the beginning and I logged out.

Typical buggy TRIBBLE - 1/10.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    So...the very first combat had a ship get stuck inside another asset which prevented me from going forwards...so that wasn't a great start.

I went in with one of my Tac captains - the only one with which I completed all the story arcs, because I seriously cannot stomach doing the J'ula TRIBBLE ever again - and I can say I had absolutely no problem? Then again, I had absolutely no problem with the previous "story" either, so I might just have been lucky.
    I did crash as soon as the episode started, though, and before going back in game I switched to one of the EU proxy because it was extremely laggy... might that be a factor as well, assuming you were lagging?

All in all, this episode did two things "right":
    - the interiors looks nice;
    - there's no infinite wave mechanic.
    Everything else is just added fluff... and quite unimaginative, too, as it's just another "oh no, a big baddie wants to kill us all". Even the "twist" at the end that I've seen so many people be happy about is quite underwhelming - especially if you play it as a Klingon, (spoilers: don't. It's just another case of the game thinking you're playing as Fed because everything else is utterly inconceivable).
    They could've done something different to finally, finally!, close Leeta's arc. But I suppose that was asking for too much.

Haven't tried the new STF yet. And I have absolutely no interest in doing so.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.

I went in with one of my Tac captains - the only one with which I completed all the story arcs, because I seriously cannot stomach doing the J'ula TRIBBLE ever again - and I can say I had absolutely no problem? Then again, I had absolutely no problem with the previous "story" either, so I might just have been lucky.
    I did crash as soon as the episode started, though, and before going back in game I switched to one of the EU proxy because it was extremely laggy... might that be a factor as well, assuming you were lagging?

All in all, this episode did two things "right":
    - the interiors looks nice;
    - there's no infinite wave mechanic.
    Everything else is just added fluff... and quite unimaginative, too, as it's just another "oh no, a big baddie wants to kill us all". Even the "twist" at the end that I've seen so many people be happy about is quite underwhelming - especially if you play it as a Klingon, (spoilers: don't. It's just another case of the game thinking you're playing as Fed because everything else is utterly inconceivable).
    They could've done something different to finally, finally!, close Leeta's arc. But I suppose that was asking for too much.

Haven't tried the new STF yet. And I have absolutely no interest in doing so.

You got laggy too?, i was thinking it was me!!.. ok, now i know, thanks!
    neat touch they opened it up. thanks. maybe we will see some shuttle based stuff take place here?
    *after playing the new TFO that is actually quite nice*
    Well...
    #TASforSTO
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Just finished the episode. Excellent work, all around. Maps, voice acting, and even mechanics (avoiding environmental hazards and going from console to console). I liked literally everything about it. Thank you to everyone involved with making it :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    i'm not going to comment on the mirror stuff.

- maps are really nice
    - the new leeta is really well done, and more accurate.
    - game mechanics interesting but already seen in other missions: dust to dust for the environmental hazard, the mission with scotty and chekov for the exocomp part etc

not disagreeable, but everything was already seen in other missions.
    I did it with 1 of my eng, and the terrans were no match at all, killed in a couple of seconds.
    I was pleasantly surprised to see the upgrade of my seeker drone. the new exocomp model is really nice and cool.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    I like the reward, it deserves a spot in my active doffs. on the off chance it's not gonna be around after the event I'm going to do all the event runs on that mission with the different toons. I definitely want to run it with a gunboat. the Intrepid-X was overkill. I think a MW connie will be a fun run. maybe a Defiant...
    Spock.jpg

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    Obviously it's an industrial-sized Tantalus Field.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited September 2021
    Two things I noticed about the new episode, its ending particularly:
    -If you play a DSC captain, who canonically got killed by Killy in the 23rd century, you still get their counterpart showing up, however, this potentially leads to the second thing
    -our counterpart is the only Mirror officer having some kind of device on their neck. Which suggests 2 possibilities:
    --it's a resurrection device to make them unable to stay dead and could probably be used for the inevitable boss fight. The Mirror database mentions a "Project Pharoah (sic)", which could be "Pharaoh", which are often represented as seeking immortality and resurrection, so it could be a field test for the Emperor
    --it's a mind-control device and with the DSC Captain's centuries-old death, this is in fact NOT technically our Mirror counterpart but a brainwashed Quantum duplicate from the Prime universe

As a third, more farfetched possibility, it is a future version of our Captain and one goal of the arc will be to break the time loop where we inevitably get captured and turned.
    #TASforSTO
This discussion has been closed.