test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Crashes when attempting to Load Firewall Episode

garrettnormangarrettnorman Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited September 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When I attempt to start the new episode Firewall, The game crashes every time. I've tried on my Discovery and the Federation Characters. They both do the same. As a side note, the models that were upgraded to be Mirror Universe are now missing in the Ship Customizer.

Update: Firewall Crash is now resolved as of Patch done on 9/15/2021.
Post edited by garrettnorman on

Comments

• unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Same.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • magnusravenmagnusraven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Same here as well.
  • rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    same here, this does not bode well for the future. not the first time a bug has messed up event progress
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    same here, crashed first time i tried it couple hours ago, just tried again now and crashes part way through loading screen
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • doctorcyanidedoctorcyanide Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Happening here too.
  • xindax76xindax76 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Guys, my maps are freezing at 40% of loading, it happens since AoY patch. Now loading is stuck at the same %.
    Closing client don't change anything. I think problem exist on server.
  • feaukutifeaukuti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same here, even after the forced verify.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    xindax76 wrote: »
    Guys, my maps are freezing at 40% of loading, it happens since AoY patch. Now loading is stuck at the same %.
    Closing client don't change anything. I think problem exist on server.

If it was server side it would affect everyone. It sounds more like you have a corrupt map file.
  • lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I had the same issue as well. 2 times even. I started the new episode and the game crashed immediately. I tried it again a few hours later and got another crash.
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    I had the same issue as well. 2 times even. I started the new episode and the game crashed immediately. I tried it again a few hours later and got another crash.

Ditto!

As I've posted elsewhere: I've so far had this happen twice! Both times I've tried to launch the new FE and crashed to desktop both times. TFO worked fine earlier, but I can't get the FE to launch at all, with it just crashing to desktop.

I've made sure my Nvidia drivers were fully up to date. And, after my first COTD earlier today, I fully updated Win10, with today's Patch Tuesday updates too. Only to crash upon trying again just minutes ago.

"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    Yeah, yesterday I got the cutscene to load correctly once though it was laggy as a result of this update and a Windows Update in the background. So I tried dropping the mission, accepting the mission, and beginning the episode again with no success. May it be fixed today so I can finally experience this cutscene and the episode in its full glory. I played Jabberwocky to get progress for the event.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.