test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mirror pack giveaway...

keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
ok, saw this in the store...

doesnt say single toon, so, i just want to see if it is/should be account claim correct?

hate to ask, as it should be act wide, but with recent events of stuff and such, im asking for clarification.
meh

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    The uniforms should be an account unlock but I asked same question to my fleet and one person tested and said they were character unlock only, don't mind the weapons being character only , but really, the uniforms are for 1 character, again lack of clarity on news page and in z store
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    According to this Reddit post it's single character only and only claimable once per account, though two of the weapons are apparently account bound. I have no idea if any of this is intended, but I'm glad I decided to wait until AFTER I make a new Terran themed toon to claim it.

EDIT: forgot to link the reddit post 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/po6ai1/terran_pack_giveaway_not_account_unlocked_psa_or/
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I would like to know as well. I know the genesis pack comes with single character uniform claims, but you are able to claim them on all characters. Has any one claimed this pack on one character and tried to get it on another?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Requesting clarification now. Will update when I get word.

Edit: WORD FROM ON HIGH!
    Uniforms are account unlock. The rest of the gear is not.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Does the uniform only work on Fed character?
    Can KDF side use it?
    and is it the same as the https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Terran_Empire_Uniform_Set and https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Terran_Empire_Odyssey_Outfit the lobi store?

I already have the lobi store one on several character.
    Post edited by sarah2774 on
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    sarah2774 wrote: »
    Does the uniform only work on Fed character?
    Can KDF side use it?
    and is it the same as the https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Terran_Empire_Uniform_Set and https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Terran_Empire_Odyssey_Outfitin the lobi store?

I already have the lobi store one on several character.

The uniforms are Fed only, as they are uniforms of the Terran Empire. And while they are the same ones as in the lobi store... word from on high is that the giveaway versions are account unlock, so current and future characters can get them for free.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    i tried to get the pack on my Klingon(since i only have 1 character and it is Klingon) and cannot claim it so it seems to be feddie bear only
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I made the mistake of claiming it on the first character I saw it on. Even though it doesn't specify it is a character unlock only. It is a character unlock only. )=
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • machine5#5794 machine5 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    This is completely broken for me. I get "inventory full", "requirements not met" and "need to complete tutorial" errors. This is across multiple characters, mostly all are level 65. Starfleet, KDF it doesn't matter.
    I also checked with Kael after I saw an alt I KNOW doesn't have it after claiming on another alt that doesn't...

Was hyped for account unlock... turned out its not. Its working as intended. Single character for the uniforms. Some player had reported account unlock, and the devs were just gonna let it go. But... its WAI.

Kael checked with the higher ups.
    Would have been nice to have that DSC Terran uniform.
  • keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    > @machine5#5794 said:
    > This is completely broken for me. I get "inventory full", "requirements not met" and "need to complete tutorial" errors. This is across multiple characters, mostly all are level 65. Starfleet, KDF it doesn't matter.

Did any actually do the tutorial or skip it. I had one toon who was eligible to claim it. I have not yet since I want to create a toon for it. I skipped the tutorial and cannot claim it. Tonight I will start ove and actually play the tutorial and see if that changes the situation I am curious if this is a foolish way to go.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    This is completely broken for me. I get "inventory full", "requirements not met" and "need to complete tutorial" errors. This is across multiple characters, mostly all are level 65. Starfleet, KDF it doesn't matter.

Do you have at least 5 empty spaces in your inventory when trying to claim it? It isn't a single box drop.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Good grief. Y'know, years back they started moving away from single-character unlocks. Why did they reverse course?
    Good grief. Y'know, years back they started moving away from single-character unlocks. Why did they reverse course?

That was for event rewards from multiday events like the current one for the Mirror Gagarin. Giveaways are a different animal.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Just to clarify - are any of these new uniforms? Or are they just the old lobi uniforms?

(which if they are, I suppose that might explain the single-char unlock. Here, have a free copy of a couple lobi outfits.)
    edited September 2021
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Just to clarify - are any of these new uniforms? Or are they just the old lobi uniforms?

(which if they are, I suppose that might explain the single-char unlock. Here, have a free copy of a couple lobi outfits.)

They are both old, and one is already included in the Legendary Mirror Bundle
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Single character for the uniforms.
    I can KIND of understand them doing that for the weapons, but the uniforms? Really? And they don't even bother to mention that in the blog so that people know to be careful??
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    So, I want to be absolutely certain about this Mirror Pack Giveaway. This stuff is for a single character only, nothing in it is an account unlock at all? That seems like such a waste. I could maybe understand the gear being single character only, but the uniforms should probably be account unlocks.

And we currently have no way of actually making a Terran/Mirror character unless we do the "secretly from the mirror universe but no one actually knows' shtick. Which could work, of course, I just don't have one yet. Maybe in the future I'd be tempted to make one and then the items from this pack would be incredibly welcome, but since it's a time limited thing...

Thanks for the pack, I guess, but I won't even bother wasting my time looking for it let alone claim it. If at some point in the future we get the opportunity to make actual Terran/Mirror characters, I would hope this pack could return then.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    since its been confirmed that uniforms are 1 character only then the news page and z store item NEED to be updated to make it clear, people should not have to resort to asking on reddit to find out things that should have been made clear in the first place.
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited September 2021

Word from on low (player): Thank you, Rattler2 :smiley:

Read other posts: umm...

Reminds me of the Picard Bundle. Most other bundles (at least at time of it's release) had account-wide unlocks for uniforms, but the Privateer's Outfit was character only.

I bought it when it was up in the air if it was going to be kept at character unlocked or promoted to account unlock. I should have waited for the clarification.

Hopefully account unlockable DIS Mirror Universe uniforms (to be honest they were head and shoulders above the other uniforms/costumes on the show in design) will be available in a future MU bundle.

Word from on low (player): Thank you, Rattler2 :smiley:

@rattler2 should probably update that post, because they got further clarification that it is actually NOT account unlocked.
    I also checked with Kael after I saw an alt I KNOW doesn't have it after claiming on another alt that doesn't...

Was hyped for account unlock... turned out its not. Its working as intended. Single character for the uniforms. Some player had reported account unlock, and the devs were just gonna let it go. But... its WAI.

Kael checked with the higher ups.
    Would have been nice to have that DSC Terran uniform.

eaY7Xxu.png
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    I guess I'll use it on my Disco toon, He's a Vulcan so I figured giving him an Eyepatch and goatee, he's physically identical to my TOS Main, I made it so that he was my main's missing brother, but I might just rewrite his bio to be my main's mirror counterpart.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    The terran sonic weapons cannot be upgraded... so the infinity level is forever...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.