test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

scenarios choices

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
this is from the latest article: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11497363-star-trek-online:-reflections

"Can you save both realities from tyranny? Or will you fall to the darkness on the looking glass’s other side?"

These questions are only rhetorical.
Because, sadly, we won't have the possibility to make a real choice as usual.
Why should I want to help the mass murderer Leeta?

It would be interesting to have the possibility to make choices like in Mass Effect or SWTOR.
it is really annoying to help disgusting peoples and not having the possibility to kill them once and for all, when you play a klingon or a rom (Leeta, Sela, etc). I know these characters are played by real actors, but who cares. The story should be more important than all other considerations

hakeev killed by my roms is a very interesting moment, after the tragedy brings by this guy. it is not a choice, but it is a logical move.

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Why should I want to help the mass murderer Leeta?

Making story choices meaningful is very difficult, and limits future story telling (how do you bring back a character 50% of players killed and 50% befriended? You don't). You can relax though, this is only the beginning and given the nature of Mirror Universe characters I'm almost certain Leeta will turn heel again before the story is finished. We'll probably kill the Emperor eventually, at which point Leeta will probably say something like "Thank you SO much for your help! Now die."
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    the character could be removed (when killed) or disappear (when saved). well, i don't know, i'm not a story writer :p
    it would be so interesting.
    "Thank you SO much for your help! Now die."

it's not even a guess, it is going to happen :p
    And as usual because this character can't be killed or disappear once and for all (Chase Masterson's character), we will see her again in the future, and us dumbest creatures of the universe, we will help her again :D

So many times, when I leveled my rom characters, I would have liked to kill Sela for the sake of the romulan people, and no instead of that they have to help her. So frustrating and disappointing
    Star trek is mani
    westmetals wrote: »
    The problem is that if they give you choices, then they have to account for their effects in later storyline. Like if you choose to take the Vaadwaur's side against the Kobali, then "Dust to Dust" makes no sense because you have to work with the Kobali. Etcetera.

indeed, so maybe they could add minor choices, or create missions with minor possibilities. And "dust to dust" could have been written and created to allow different choices, even if it is just a choice of dialogue.

But I know, it is not easy, and can be difficult + they don't have a huge team.

you have quoted only a part of my sentence.
    but who cares it is just an example.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    STO is a lot more linear in its storytelling. I will say though that I do wish there were a few more dialog options. One of my favorite choices that do exist is back when you first meet Madran.

"There was an infestation of Tal Shiar Spies. I just fumigated."

I lol and pick that EVERY time, and wish I can threaten Madran with another fumigation if he annoys me. Because lets face it... the little troll deserved that hit to his bank account.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.