test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New event: FREE MIRROR GAGARIN

2»

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Which is ironic since I have been using a torp build on my main, although it seems to have been nerfed a great deal lately.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I never got the popularity that the Gagarin enjoyed in the first place. I don't think it's such a spectacular design.​​

It's popularity has nothing to do with the design, the DPS crowd loves it because of its stats, seating, and trait.

I can't say I understand that either. A full MW spec is obvious, however the trait has never impressed me. Its useless if you use torpedo spread normally because FAW 1 is easily a huge nerf to DPS for the huge acc penalty. And, if you have a ship that isn't using a torpedo skill, why are you equipping a torpedo? It seems like its niche for ships with only 2 or 3 tac BOFF slots to play with.

The value of the trait is that it gives FAW 100% up time while also giving you an extra torp spread. First you use FAW3, then when that's done you use torp spread to keep FAW going (even though it's only FAW1), and by the time that's finished FAW3 should be ready again (assuming you're using either A2B with Technician DOFFs or Photonic Officer 2).

For the ship itself it's not just full MW spec, it's full MW spec with 5/3 weapons.

Yeah I remain unimpressed. FAW has such a heavy acc penalty now that I am wary of using even the level 3 version. But sure if you're shooting at immobile gates and transformers I guess it would inflate your numbers in unrealistic ways that just doesn't translate to the rest of the game.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Looks like a good free ship. No complaints here, it actually seems to be a hell of a torp/mine boat.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    But sure if you're shooting at immobile gates and transformers I guess it would inflate your numbers in unrealistic ways that just doesn't translate to the rest of the game.

I only run Infected when I have an endeavor to destroy borg ships and I still find it effective on the handful of captains I use the trait on. I don't run it on all of them though, I like to have some variety.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The back to back events are extremely draining to me. I am verry soon gonna have to go without and take a month off, which you will be held responsible for when it happens. Thank you.

Helps to ignore the bonus dil after completing an event and just taking the time off instead, especially when some of the events are mindnumbingly dull from day one.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    What does the admiralty card look like?
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    What does the admiralty card look like?

Admiralty Stats:
    Eng: 43
    Sci: 20
    Tac: 63
    Special: +8 ENG and SCI per TacShip

It's also at the bottom of the stats giving link.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    It's a free T6 ship.
    There is an old axiom about not examining the dentition of complimentary equines.
    Kudos to cryptic, and gratitude.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    It's a free T6 ship.
    There is an old axiom about not examining the dentition of complimentary equines.
    Kudos to cryptic, and gratitude.

Indeed, Cryptic deserves praise for upping the number of free ships this year to four. I still think the release methods for the Parliament and Mirror Gagarin should've been reversed though (with the Mirror Gagarin getting buffed to 5/3 with full command to justify it as a Lockbox ship).
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    btw, this ship will have a fleet version or it is like the mirror guardian only t6?
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    ok thx
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    ok thx

Easiest way for me to tell is if a T6 starship has 10 consoles it'll have a fleet version. If a T6 starship has 11 consoles it'll not have a fleet version & is already considered at that level. The very best version is a T6 Miracle Worker version with 12 consoles. & of course applying one of those X-upgrades for a starship grants one additional console slot too. (At least this is true based off of the best of my knowledge)
This discussion has been closed.